NFL confirms names of 16 players who will attend draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL confirms names of 16 players who will attend draft

The new three-day NFL draft format will include an increased number of players attending in person, and the NFL announced today the names of 16 players who will be there.

The list of players includes the ones you'd expect -- Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford, Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh and Oklahoma defensive tackle Gerald McCoy -- as well as some notable absences, including Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen and Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.

In addition to Bradford, Suh and McCoy, the players who have accepted invitations are running backs C.J. Spiller and Jahvid Best, cornerbacks Joe Haden and Brandon Ghee, offensive tackles Russell Okung, Bryan Bulaga and Trent Williams; defensive tackles Lamarr Houston, Jared Odrick and Dan Williams; defensive end Derrick Morgan, receiver Demaryius Thomas and safety Eric Berry.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-attend-draft/

which ones are the first day (first round) and which ones are second day (second and third rounds)?

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
      which ones are the first day (first round) and which ones are second day (second and third rounds)?
      I'd say the day one guys are Bradford, Suh, McCoy, Spiller, Haden, Okung, Bulaga, Williams, Derrick Morgan, Dan Williams ,and Eric Berry.

After that, there are a few guys that could be borderline, but I think lock day two guys are Best and Ghee.

I think Odrick is one of the day two guys that may not have to sit in the blue room, as well as Demaryius Thomas.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I know they're trying to build the human drama for two prime time nights, but something about inviting guys that are locks for the 2nd-3rd round just seems wrong to me. I can't wait for the draft to inevitably revert to its old format.

Comment

I'm glad Berry will be there I want to see him hold up his new Chiefs jersey...:)

Comment

Originally posted by ericzedwards View Post
            I know they're trying to build the human drama for two prime time nights, but something about inviting guys that are locks for the 2nd-3rd round just seems wrong to me. I can't wait for the draft to inevitably revert to its old format.
            I so wish this happens soon. It was perfect the way it was...
            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Kinda surprised no Dez Bryant.

Comment

best, bey bey, ghee, houston?

gonna be waiting a while
                E]

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                  best, bey bey, ghee, houston?

gonna be waiting a while
                  not if they're the second day guys

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                    not if they're the second day guys
                    I think they'll have them there on the first day just in case something happens. Keep them waiting in a hotel room or something.

Comment

I can't wait for one of the guys invited for the 2nd day gets picked on the 1st.

Comment

Bey Bey and Houston surprise me

Comment

Finally, a change to the draft I like. The more the merrier.

Comment

Bey Bey is going 1st round...it seems teams are falling in love with his potential

I honestly think Lamarr Houston is a serious sleeper to be picked up by the Colts at #30, so he may not have to wait that long.

Ghee is a definite 2nd or 3rd day guy.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                              I can't wait for one of the guys invited for the 2nd day gets picked on the 1st.
                              I was just thinking that. "Heyo, Lamarr..if you by chance get a call from a team..stall them..go the RCMH and we will annouce it their..we will wait for you"
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information