• Show
Clear All

• Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa

Here's some good film on him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x2UU...kQ&feature=sub

canton bound.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
      canton bound.
      has canton got an arena football team?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
        has canton got an arena football team?
        a UFL farm league
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Boe's just upset that he's KC bound.

Ferentz and Pioli don't just play golf together, but they go out for drinks afterwards! Ferentz is practically a part of KC's FO.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

How about you two pukes watch the video and make a productive, key word, productive, comment on it separately?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
              How about you two pukes watch the video and make a productive, key word, productive, comment on it separately?

Thanks.
              I would've used different background music for it, honestly. Looks well done though, and the video quality is outstanding (we have threads for these videos though, I believe).

Iowa runs a pro-style offense, right? It's like that alone and moderate production will get him taken above these spread/option-style QB's who put up better numbers. He's gonna get taken higher than most realize because of that experience and his size. I haven't really watched him enough to see his mechanics and arm strength, and I can't really tell that from a highlight clip that's just gonna show his best throws of his career.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

somewhat subpar armstrength, dont like his release, to much interceptions but tough competitor, but i knew that already

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                - No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                  Boe's just upset that he's KC bound.

Ferentz and Pioli don't just play golf together, but they go out for drinks afterwards! Ferentz is practically a part of KC's FO.
                  That Baluga at #5 hype really worked out, eh?

Comment

America!!!
                    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

I'm definitely not seeing that sub par arm strength.

Comment

I would've enjoyed music that is slightly less terrible. I still feel more or less the same as I did last year.
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=34321
                        "What he does well-
                        I think he has one of the best play action fakes I've seen. He throws well on the run (actually better than in the pocket). Seems to brush off mistakes and start the next series with a positive attitude (good leader and well liked by teammates). Shows good touch on deep passes. Shifty and stronger than he looks in the pocket and seems to avoid the rush fairly well (good pocket presence).

Needs to get better at-
                        Getting further into his progressions (see the Illinois game), he occasionally locked onto a receiver about 5-7 times last season where he threw it directly at 2-4 defenders (aargh). Needs to get more comfortable and more accurate throwing from the pocket. Could use some more zip on his passes when appropriate.

Overall I expect him to improve on his decision making, accuracy, and understanding of the offense. I'm not sure how strong his arm really is and I think that might be his main weakness after this year. I think the way he looks forward and doesn't seem to beat himself up too much over mistakes will help him continue to get better and avoid becoming a head case. Tom Brady is a tall order but he can be very good I think."

Comment

That video cracked me up.

Tough kid with a gunslinger's mentality.
                          Good on the move, but his decision-making can be terrible at times.
                          Favre-esque in that way, but needs a lot of work to be considered in the first 3 rounds.

I do expect a big jump from him this season though.

Comment

He threw four balls over fifty yards that I counted in that video..

Comment

I'm absolutely lying. I counted one over fifty, and four over 45.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information