Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

roscoes top 5 per position and updated big board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • roscoes top 5 per position and updated big board

    seperated into tiers

    q.b.
    1) j. locker...washington
    2) r. mallet...arkansas

    3) a. luck...stanford

    4) c. ponder...florida state

    5) j. johnson....texas a+m

    r.b.
    1) m. ingram...alabama
    2) r. williams...v.t.

    3) n. devine...wvu
    4) d. murray...oklahoma

    5) j. clay...wisconsin

    w.r.
    1) a.j. green...georgia

    2) j. jones...alabama
    3) j. baldwin...pitt
    4) m. floyd...n.d.

    5) d. brown...s. miss

    t.e.
    1) k. rudolph...n.d.

    2) l. hendricks...wisconsin
    3) k. realand...stanford

    o.t.
    1) g. ciamirir...wisconsin r.t. (can play left in a power run scheme)

    2) a. castonozo...b.c. l.t.
    3) l. ziemba...auburn l.t.

    4) m. reynolds...byu r.t. (can play left in power run scheme)

    5) j. barksdale...lsu r.t.

    o.g.
    1) t. claiborne...b.c.
    2) m. pouncey....florida

    3) j. moffit...wisconsin

    4) a. jackson...fresno state
    5) j. wilson...florida

    c
    1) k. odawd...usc
    2) s. wisnieski....penn state

  • #2
    4-3 d.e.
    1) r. quinn...north carolina

    2) g. romeus...pitt
    3) a. clayborn...iowa l.e.

    4) d. bowers...clemson l.e.
    5) j. crawford...penn state

    3-4 olb
    1) r. quinn...north carolina

    2) v. miller...tex a+m

    3) j. crawford....penn state

    4) c. matthews...s. carolina
    5) s. acho....texas

    4-3 d.t.
    1) m. austin...north carolina

    2) j. jenkins...clemson
    3) j. powe...ole miss n.t.
    4) j. casey...usc u.t.
    5) j. crick...nebraska u.t.

    3-4 d.e.
    1) c. heyward...ohio state

    2) m. dareus...alabama
    3) a. baily...miami

    4) j. crick...nebraska
    5) s. paea...oregon state

    3-4 n.t.
    1) j. powe...ole miss

    2) p. taylor...baylor

    3) k. ellis...hampton


    4-3 olb
    1) a. ayers...ucla
    2) t. lewis...oklahoma wlb

    3) b. carter...north carolina wlb

    4) v. miller...texas a+m slb
    5) m. herzlich...b.c. slb

    4-3 mlb
    1) g. jones...michigan state

    2) a. ayers...ucla

    3) q. sturdivant...north carolina
    4) c. mccarthy....miami
    5) b. carter...north carolina

    3-4 ilb
    1) g. jones...michigan state (feature)
    2) d. hightower...alabama (thumper)

    3) c. gallipo...usc (thumper)
    4) a. wujciak...maryland (thumper)
    5) a. ayers...ucla (feature)

    c.b.
    1) p. peterson...lsu

    2) a. williams...texas

    3) p. amukara...nebraska
    4) j. jenkins....florida

    5) k. burney...north carolina

    S
    1) r. sands...wvu s.s.

    2) r. moore...ucla f.s.
    3) d. mcdaniel...clemson s.s.
    4) d. williams...north carolina

    5) t. sash....iowa
    Last edited by roscoesdad27; 06-06-2010, 04:14 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      big board
      1) r. quinn...d.e. unc
      2) j. locker....q.b. buffalo
      3) r. mallet....q.b. arkansas
      4) p. peterson... c.b. lsu
      5) a.j. green...w.r. georgia
      6) c. heyward...3-4 d.e. ohio state
      7) r. sands...s.s. wvu
      8) g. jones...mlb michigan state
      9) a. ayers...olb ucla
      10) j. jones/m. floyd/j. baldwin....w.r.'s alabama/n.d./pitt

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't see Sands as one of the top 7 safeties in this class, let alone one of the 7 top players.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
          I don't see Sands as one of the top 7 safeties in this class, let alone one of the 7 top players.
          why not?....i see him as everything taylor mays and william moore was supposed to be.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by roscoesdad27 View Post
            big board
            1) r. quinn...d.e. unc
            2) j. locker....q.b. buffalo
            3) r. mallet....q.b. arkansas
            4) p. peterson... c.b. lsu
            5) a.j. green...w.r. georgia
            6) c. heyward...3-4 d.e. ohio state
            7) r. sands...s.s. wvu
            8) g. jones...mlb michigan state
            9) a. ayers...olb ucla
            10) j. jones/m. floyd/j. baldwin....w.r.'s alabama/n.d./pitt

            Youre my hero. Robert sands #7. I cant agree with that lofty rank because i dont believe in taking safeties when your team is picking in the top 10. Sands is great though. Not only is he big fast physical and a great tackler, but i saw a couple of his picks, and he looks like a wr. I only have one safety in my top 32, its robert sands. Sands is a maniac out there with ball skills. he may not be the fastest guy, but i think hes fast enough for safety, i love his ball skills and his hitting and tackling.

            I would like to know how you came to put robert sands #7. Other than my rule that i dont draft safeties when my team is bad and im picking top 10, I agree with it. Hes defintely top 7 in the class, theres no one out there who has outperformed robert sands between the white lines at safety. You must be a wvu fan or you saw what i saw, this guy was everywhere all the time.

            I cant pick corners in the top 10. I like peterson and all, but when your team is bad chances are you have holes at positions of higher value, picking a corner isnt going to help much. The steelers, colts, giants, and saints have shown us recently that you dont need superstars at that position. You need adequacy of course, but you dont need high picks or deion sanders at that posotion to win nfl championships. You can get adequacy later on.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bce View Post
              Youre my hero. Robert sands #7. I cant agree with that lofty rank because i dont believe in taking safeties when your team is picking in the top 10. Sands is great though. Not only is he big fast physical and a great tackler, but i saw a couple of his picks, and he looks like a wr. I only have one safety in my top 32, its robert sands. Sands is a maniac out there with ball skills. he may not be the fastest guy, but i think hes fast enough for safety, i love his ball skills and his hitting and tackling.

              I would like to know how you came to put robert sands #7. Other than my rule that i dont draft safeties when my team is bad and im picking top 10, I agree with it. Hes defintely top 7 in the class, theres no one out there who has outperformed robert sands between the white lines at safety. You must be a wvu fan or you saw what i saw, this guy was everywhere all the time.

              I cant pick corners in the top 10. I like peterson and all, but when your team is bad chances are you have holes at positions of higher value, picking a corner isnt going to help much. The steelers, colts, giants, and saints have shown us recently that you dont need superstars at that position. You need adequacy of course, but you dont need high picks or deion sanders at that posotion to win nfl championships. You can get adequacy later on.
              You can get by with adequacy at any position, just ask the 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs. If you are picking in the top 10, you take the top value. Corners and safeties are fine in the top 10. Especially in today's pass happy NFL, the secondary is vital.

              Roscoes, I don't hate most of the list. There are some qualms I have, but they are pretty minor, besides Sands being the 7th best prospect in the draft. I just really wish you would make this more readable. You never use capital letters or type whole names. It is a pain in the ass to read and a whole lot more people would read it if you took more time making it, well, readable.

              Bonekrusher.

              Originally posted by JordanTaber
              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by prock View Post
                You can get by with adequacy at any position, just ask the 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs. If you are picking in the top 10, you take the top value. Corners and safeties are fine in the top 10. Especially in today's pass happy NFL, the secondary is vital.

                Roscoes, I don't hate most of the list. There are some qualms I have, but they are pretty minor, besides Sands being the 7th best prospect in the draft. I just really wish you would make this more readable. You never use capital letters or type whole names. It is a pain in the ass to read and a whole lot more people would read it if you took more time making it, well, readable.
                Well thats 10 years ago. If youre picking in the top 10, you take a qb if theres one available that looks like they could be a good starter. If no qb available that looks good, you take a pass rusher. If no pass rusher available, or you already have 2 pass rushers, well chances are youre not picking in the top 10, but if by chance you are by some belichick fenegling action, you want to take an immediate return player like a rb , or a lt or nose tackle because of the dearth of humans who have the physical skills to play those positions. The last thing you want to do is take a db, interior lineman or TE.

                Theres really only one scenario where you draft a corner that high. If you have two top edge rushers and a qb, and you somehow belichicked your way into the top 10, and the prospect is super, i mean 4.3 speed ball skills etc etc etc. Otherwise its mistake. Passing game is not deterred in the nfl in 2010 by dbs. Passing game in 2010 in the nfl is deterred by pressure

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by roscoesdad27 View Post
                  why not?....i see him as everything taylor mays and william moore was supposed to be.
                  You do realise that both of those guys were second rounders. Moore should have came out early and suffered from injuries and lack of production as a senior. Taylor Mays was always overhyped because of his athletic ability. If you're going to champion Sands and say he is one of the best players in the class I would maybe think of comparing him to other safeties than those two then


                  BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Robert Sands is not even close to one of the better safeties in this class. Pull up some game tape on him and do it fast.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ok then who is. Ive watched quite a bit of tape on robert sands. Not only is he a physical player, a great tackler, but he also has excellent ball skills. I would bet my life that your number 1 safety is the same as mel kipers. Cause thats how it is isnt it. Whatever they say is right.Well thats wrong, about 2/3 of the time. Your board is their board and board that doesnt look like their board is a wrong board, but truth of the matter is, their board, and the boards of nfl personnel people are wrong historically about 2/3 of the time, so since youre an advocate of their board, youre wrong about 2/3 of the time.


                      keep up the good work roscoe. get those interior linebackers out of your top ten though. They dont have that type of value and you can get good ones later. It is neither a position of high value nor a position of skill rarity. Meaning other positions are more important, and there are more humans who can play 4-3 or ILB lb than other positions. Theres a greater population sample of 6 2 240 men than just about any other.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Show me a statistic that shows that NFL teams and draft experts are wrong 2/3 of the time. And show me a statistic that you are better.

                        Bonekrusher.

                        Originally posted by JordanTaber
                        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I dont have any statistics that im better i wish i did but i dont.

                          Just go to espn.com or whatever and pull up the first round draft history for whatever period of time you want to look back. Then go through the rest of the rounds and find the players that were better than those first rd picks that were not drafted in the first rd. Ive done this, my calculation is that generally 2/3 of rd 1 picks, and 50% of the top 10 historically were mistakes, meaning a better player was drafted in a position after the first rd or the top 10 respectively.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This doesnt even include good players who were the wrong pick. I.e passing on ben roethlisberger to pick larry fitzgerald. Fitz is a great player, but hes not ben roethlisberger as far as value. Thats not even included in those calculations those type things. If you included those type calculations, you could pretty much find that almost every pick was probably the wrong pick, meaning you may have gotten a good player, but you passed on a better one to pick that player

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              All teams picking in the top 10 aren't created equal.

                              Sometimes a team is starting a whole slew of young guys the previous season, or have a new HC or a young QB, and the team's talent just hasn't jelled yet.

                              If your team has a young QB, a solid to average Oline, and decent personnel in their defensive front 7, there's no problem taking the BPA if he happens to be a CB or a safety.

                              As a Skins fan, although they didn't lead Washington to that many playoff appearances or wins during their time in D.C., I can't ever say that Sean Taylor or Champ Bailey were bad picks.
                              Both players had the singular ability to turn a game on one play and often did; IMO those type of players are always worth a top 10 pick.
                              Last edited by FUNBUNCHER; 06-08-2010, 08:19 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information