No announcement yet.

2011 Breakout underclassmen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three guys on UNC's defense who are second fiddlers compared to the stars of Quinn, Austin, Carter, Burney, Sturdivant and Williams, but can excel to be stars in the 2012 class:

Zach Brown, LB
    Quinton Coples, DE
    Tydreke Powell, DT

Comment

Will Hill, S, UF

He's getting a lot of hype, but hasn't really done a whole lot yet.

Comment

Michael Mauti, LB, R-So, Penn State.

Probably would have been a starter at MLB last year as a true soph, but blew his ACL in preseason camp. 6'2", 231. Father played in the NFL for seven years. THe next great LB at PSU.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
          Defensive Tackle Montori Hughes and Safety Janzen Jackson are two to watch at Tennessee. They are both future first rounders in my opinion.
          Janzen Jackson broke out last year when he avoided charges against him in the robbery case.

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
            Will Hill, S, UF

He's getting a lot of hype, but hasn't really done a whole lot yet.
            Totally agree. Whenever I watch Florida games, I'm always looking for Hill and he's not really making any impact plays. Granted, he had a great front 7 in front of him in 2009. He needs to improve the physicality of his game. Whenever he had the opportunity to make a big time tackle, it seemed he either went half-ass at it or just avoided the contact all together.

He has great range though.

I'm looking for one Gator to have a monster season though and that is DL Jaye Howard. I think he is tremendously underrated and is a really good athlete. I'm not sure if he'll declare even with a good season this year, but he is a player I'm going to be watching throughout next season.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Ohio State DE Nathan Williams and DT John Simon. Monster D-Line.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                What can people tell me about Alshon Jefferey? I saw him play once or twice last year, and came away very impressed.
                Jeffrey impressed me in the 2-3 SEC games I saw play last yr. as a freshman, could be the next SEC WR superstar after Julio & AJ Greene depart for the NFL probably in the next draft.

South Carolina native Jeffrey became nationally famous b/c he transferred from one USC to the other USC, from LA, CA to the U. of South Carolina Gamecocks. Maybe he was a trendsetter b/c it looks like lots of upperclassmen are transferring from USC, the floodgates have opened with last wk's sanctions.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                  Jeffrey impressed me in the 2-3 SEC games I saw play last yr. as a freshman, could be the next SEC WR superstar after Julio & AJ Greene depart for the NFL probably in the next draft.

South Carolina native Jeffrey became nationally famous b/c he transferred from one USC to the other USC, from LA, CA to the U. of South Carolina Gamecocks. Maybe he was a trendsetter b/c it looks like lots of upperclassmen are transferring from USC, the floodgates have opened with last wk's sanctions.
                  He never transferred. He decommitted from USCalifornia and signed with USCarolina.

Comment

Jacory Harris could be another high round pick. Should really break out this year.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyz View Post
                      Jacory Harris could be another high round pick. Should really break out this year.
                      Jacory really broke out last year during the first half of the year. Had quite a few talking Heisman a couple games in.

Comment

Since I only know one team well:

Christine Michael - RB - SOPH - Was the Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the year last year and should have another big year. While only starting 3 games, seeing action in 11 total, Michael's 166 carries netted 844 yards for a 5.1 YPC, as well as 10 TDs all while sharing the load with Cyrus Gray in a passing-oriented offense.

Jeff Fuller - WR - JR - After having 50 receptions for 630 yards and 9 TDs as a true freshman, in only 8 starts, Fuller had 41 receptions for 568 yards and 7 TDs while missing 4 games to a broken leg. He will be a starting WR again this year.

Uzoma "Easy" Nwachukwu - WR - SOPH - As a true freshman, he started every game and lead the team in yards with 708 on only 40 receptions, while scoring 6 TDs. He's nicknamed "Easy" by the team because he makes everything look easy.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          Christine Michael - RB - SOPH - Was the Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the year last year and should have another big year. While only starting 3 games, seeing action in 11 total, Michael's 166 carries netted 844 yards for a 5.1 YPC, as well as 10 TDs all while sharing the load with Cyrus Gray in a passing-oriented offense.
                          One of my favorite players in CFB right now. I hope he ends up as a 1st round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                            Defensive Tackle Montori Hughes and Safety Janzen Jackson are two to watch at Tennessee. They are both future first rounders in my opinion.
                            This. The robbery incident aside, I thought Janzen was Eric Berry several times last season. I'm fully expecting him to be All-SEC next season.

Montori Hughes should be a good one too. Maybe RB Tauren Poole?
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              Jeff Fuller - WR - JR - After having 50 receptions for 630 yards and 9 TDs as a true freshman, in only 8 starts, Fuller had 41 receptions for 568 yards and 7 TDs while missing 4 games to a broken leg. He will be a starting WR again this year.
                              He was a beast against Texas. That was the only A&M game I watched all the way through and Fuller and Jerrod Johnson put on a show.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                                This. The robbery incident aside, I thought Janzen was Eric Berry several times last season. I'm fully expecting him to be All-SEC next season.

Montori Hughes should be a good one too. Maybe RB Tauren Poole?
                                Hmmmm... I think he has the talent.... but that line could be questionable this season. He may have to have a senior break out year like Montario.
                                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information