Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Fast Is Julio Jones?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How Fast Is Julio Jones?

    How fast is Jones?

    Is there a solid comparison for Jones to an NFL player?

    I noticed his listed size is identical to Keyshawn Johnson's.

    I know the 2011 draft is a long way off, but is he almost a top 15 lock if comes out after next season?

    I also would like to mention that from watching Alabama play last season that Jones is a devastating blocker at WR (imo).

  • #2
    Definitely not a Top 15 lock and to me, he's the worst of the big 4 receivers.

    Yay for blocking

    Comment


    • #3
      He's got so much potential. I only like Baldwin more.


      mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball


      Originally posted by scottyboy
      like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

      Comment


      • #4
        he reminds me of a poor mans calvin johnson

        Comment


        • #5
          hes the best or the worst of the big 3 or 4 depending who you ask.

          hes my #1 personally, i think he has a bounce back season this year. the ****** QB, run offense and having no threats across from him was devastating to his stats last year. im not convinced baldwin is firmly in the conversation just yet. i got jones, green and floyd as 123 and baldwin 4
          E]

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by K Train View Post
            hes the best or the worst of the big 3 or 4 depending who you ask.

            hes my #1 personally, i think he has a bounce back season this year. the ****** QB, run offense and having no threats across from him was devastating to his stats last year. im not convinced baldwin is firmly in the conversation just yet. i got jones, green and floyd as 123 and baldwin 4
            They had one of the best rushing offenses in the nation forcing teams to load the box to stop them. This gave Julio Jones plenty of 1 on 1 matchups that he just didn't exploit. He has trouble getting open.

            The idea that he's behind AJ Green is just baffling to me.

            Just ask Patrick Peterson... he said AJ Green is the toughest guy he has played against as well

            Comment


            • #7
              i think as a pro prospect jones is better than green, as a college player right now green dominates but jones skill set is far superior imo. he no doubt has to put it all together but i think he will
              E]

              Comment


              • #8
                Even if he was the worst of the big 4, that's still a top 20 pick in a very strong draft class.


                I still really like Julio, he has some work to do to his game, but I could still place Baldwin in front of him right now the more film I watch which isn't a bad thing, because Baldwin looks alot more fluid most times.


                Julio still has potential to be better and it depends on what he does this season, he could be anything from a Terrell Owens to as what somebody said before Reggie Williams.



                I know everyone is in love with AJ Green and I like him to, but he's a superb deep threat who has exceptional ball skills, but I don't know if he is complete in terms of what everything a #1 WR does. Then again, if your exceptional at that one thing, ie Randy Moss or DeSean Jackson it doesn't really matter.


                Still, Jonathan Baldwin's ball skills are right up there with AJ Green.





                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by K Train View Post
                  i think as a pro prospect jones is better than green, as a college player right now green dominates but jones skill set is far superior imo. he no doubt has to put it all together but i think he will
                  Pretty much what i was gonna say.

                  Jones is a mid 4.4 guy and at 6'4" 215 thats pretty dam good. Jones is simply a freak athletically. He hasn't really performed well because his hands have been a little inconsistant, but if he can sure that up, then i think he should be fine.

                  And just cuz i can and i will take any shot i have to i will post some of my favorite pictures of him...here they are. haha



                  and

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by K Train View Post
                    i think as a pro prospect jones is better than green, as a college player right now green dominates but jones skill set is far superior imo. he no doubt has to put it all together but i think he will
                    What makes his skill set superior?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If he produces like a #1 should this year, I'll move him back to the top 3 (WRs). Right now, he's heading out of that even. This is a very very very deep WR class this year.

                      Julio Jones has no production in an offense where he should be making big plays.
                      **** her in da *****!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        Even if he was the worst of the big 4, that's still a top 20 pick in a very strong draft class.


                        I still really like Julio, he has some work to do to his game, but I could still place Baldwin in front of him right now the more film I watch which isn't a bad thing, because Baldwin looks alot more fluid most times.


                        Julio still has potential to be better and it depends on what he does this season, he could be anything from a Terrell Owens to as what somebody said before Reggie Williams.



                        I know everyone is in love with AJ Green and I like him to, but he's a superb deep threat who has exceptional ball skills, but I don't know if he is complete in terms of what everything a #1 WR does. Then again, if your exceptional at that one thing, ie Randy Moss or DeSean Jackson it doesn't really matter.


                        Still, Jonathan Baldwin's ball skills are right up there with AJ Green.
                        Jones's hands aren't consistent and he has horrid technique on his route running, so he struggles to get open.

                        What doesn't AJ Green do?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          For the record I like both Green and Jones. I think Green is the more talented prospect though.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            AJ Green has drawn comparisons to Randy Moss...

                            Solid comparison imo.
                            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                            Coples is that dude.
                            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

                            Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                              What makes his skill set superior?
                              physically hes a freak, i like green dont get me wrong...i think hes a hell of a player but if jones tunes up his game he will be the best wr prospect since calvin imo.

                              hes going to blow up the combine and be compared to calvin and vernon davis as far as athletes go.

                              the funny thing is out of all of them my draft crush is floyd lol
                              E]

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information