The #1 Prospect for 2011?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The #1 Prospect for 2011?

According to one of only two scouting services used by NFL teams, it's Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...to-draft-grade

According to the article, Clayborn and Herzlich rank 2nd and 3rd respectively for National Football Scouting.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

I think that rating a cornerback, a rush linebacker, and a less than hugely athletic 43 defensive end as possibilities for the #1 prospect is a bit unrealistic.

I like all three, Amukamara and Clayborn especially (I'm still unsure on Herzlich with the time he's missed and what he's coming back from), but I wouldn't predict any of the three being top 5 picks at this point. Maybe Clayborn.

Comment

Is Amukamara on Patrick Peterson's level?

Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

I love Clayborn, but Locker should be #1 on everybodies board.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
          Is Amukamara on Patrick Peterson's level?
          No but he's not as far off as some think. Peterson is a once every 5-10 years type talent but Prince is an exceptional CB in his own right. Not quite as athletically gifted as PP but he is such a complete corner who has a great all around game. He is a better prospect than Joe Haden and it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up as a top 10 prospect. Junior Aaron Williams from Texas has gotten a lot of hype as the number two CB. Williams has great size and athleticism but hasn't been as consistent as Prince and isn't nearly as polished.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
            Junior Aaron Williams from Texas has gotten a lot of hype as the number two CB. Williams has great size and athleticism but hasn't been as consistent as Prince and isn't nearly as polished.
            I'm pretty sure that was why majority of people were so high on Williams and have been moving him up boards, due to the fact that he is very polished and very consistent.

Prince has always impressed me when I saw him play each and every time, I'll have to make note to at least see him play a few more this year to give my final grade on him but the top of the CB class looks pretty good.

Right now Aaron Williams is graded similiar to what Aaron Ross was coming out for me, I don't think(as of yet, he could change my mind this year) he's on another level at this time. Ross has far better ball skills and a knack for coming up with the football one way or another, but Williams is a better pure cover corner and doesn't really make many mistakes.

Ross was still a mid to late 1st rounder for me, and I need to see more from Williams to show me he's worth flirting with the top 10 prospects in this draft.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              I'm pretty sure that was why majority of people were so high on Williams and have been moving him up boards, due to the fact that he is very polished and very consistent.

Prince has always impressed me when I saw him play each and every time, I'll have to make note to at least see him play a few more this year to give my final grade on him but the top of the CB class looks pretty good.

Right now Aaron Williams is graded similiar to what Aaron Ross was coming out for me, I don't think(as of yet, he could change my mind this year) he's on another level at this time. Ross has far better ball skills and a knack for coming up with the football one way or another, but Williams is a better pure cover corner and doesn't really make many mistakes.

Ross was still a mid to late 1st rounder for me, and I need to see more from Williams to show me he's worth flirting with the top 10 prospects in this draft.
              I'd like to see more of Williams too, but I think he is a top 15 pick. I think Williams will grade out higher than Ross come draft time, but nothing is guaranteed...so you never know.

I agree with you that Williams is very polished and very consistent. Williams is also pretty physical and a good tackler. Put it all together and I think Williams is the "Real Deal" at CB.

Comment

Prince is Legit though.

I'm not sure about #1 prospect, but I'm not a scout though either.

Comment

prince has always impressed me. we'll see how well he performs without suh on that line. i love herzlich, but #3 prospect is absurd. his comeback will be legendary, but he has only middle first round impact. i would also put bruce carter over him.

i'd personally go locker, quinn, peterson, heyward, and aj green.
                  SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                  Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

peterson is my #1 until further notice and i generally undervalue CBs so thats how good i think he is
                    E]

Comment

Last year's top-rated prospect (other than Herzlich) was Mississippi defensive end Greg Hardy. Durability questions pushed Hardy into the sixth round in April, where the Carolina Panthers made him the 175th overall selection.

Two years ago, it was another talented pass rusher who earned the preseason top grade. Former Georgia Tech star Michael Johnson enjoyed a strong senior campaign, but he also slipped on draft day due to questions about his ability to make an impact as an every-down player. The Cincinnati Bengals ultimately selected him in the third round with the 70th pick overall.
                      Also important to take into consideration, even if I don't see Amukamara suffering the same fate.

Comment

there always seems to be a defensive end that plummets like hardy, or quentin moses
                        E]

Comment

I think people have to realize that the article isn't saying he's the #1 prospect in the draft, but he had the highest grade of all the remaining Seniors who didn't declare for last year's draft. Which is saying something, but I think Amukamara is a special talent in his own right. I'm not sure if I would put him in front of Joe Haden just yet because Haden was a better athlete than Amuakamara and was much more fluid, but Prince has the ability to end up being a Top 10-15 overall prospect when it's all said and done.

Weird the article says that Locker received a 2nd round grade from the committee.

Personally, cornerback is one of the my favorite positions on the entire field and I think it would be great to have 3 cornerbacks in the Top 15-20 players and that has a real shot of happening in 2011.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

i think locker is a great prospect just like everyone else, but for being such a raw talent he doesnt get nearly the criticism he deserves, especially for a QB with 1st overall potential, its kind of refreshing to see lol
                            E]

Comment

I have to agree...the more I watch Jake Locker, the more I start to find holes in his game. These are holes that can easily be fixed with more guidance from Steve Sarkisan and Co. then he can vault to my Top 3-5 prospects.

I think one aspect of Locker's game that is overrated is his arm strength. He can make all the throws, but there are a lot of people out there saying that his arm strength is in the great-elite range, when it most certainly is not. I would say it's in the above average - good range.

His deep ball needs work but a lot of prospects' do while his inconsistent decision making also needs some development.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information