Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvey Unga

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ungas-workout/

"The leading rusher in BYU history will have a large contingent of teams at his July 8 workout, in advance of the supplemental draft.

Mike Berardino of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that more than 20 teams will be present."

So is he going to be in the NFL this year? haha too lazy to click on the article.

Is he an actual RB or can he play FB?
    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
    Coples is that dude.
    Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
      So is he going to be in the NFL this year?
      That depends on if a team takes him in the supplemental draft or not.:)

Comment

Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
        So is he going to be in the NFL this year? haha too lazy to click on the article.

Is he an actual RB or can he play FB?
        He can be a bruising RB or FB. My prediction is he'll go in the 5th round of the supp. to the Dolphins.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Unga's pro day 40 time could play a big role in determining what position he plays in the NFL.

The Dolphins would make sense, given how they're expected to lose both of their top RBs next offseason. But I wonder if they see him as much of an upgrade over Lex Hilliard.

Harvey Unga vs. TCU

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
            He can be a bruising RB or FB. My prediction is he'll go in the 5th round of the supp. to the Dolphins.
            The Chiefs may have interest as a future replacement for Thomas Jones. The Fins and Chefs have a lot of coaching background in common.4th or 5th round is about right.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

Comment

bengals in the 4th.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

He reminds me a bit of Michael Bush. He's a king sized back who is very light on his feet and is a more than able pass catcher. I wouldn't be surprised if SD makes a bid at him but we would only be able to give up a 6th without WAY overpaying for him due to not having a 5th or 6th.

Comment

I hope Miami doesnt use a pick on him because I'm personally really high on Sexy Lexy Hilliard but I agree with the assessment of a 5th round choice sounds about right.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The Rams need to go after him. Giving up a 4th or 5th for him would be ideal. The Rams have no depth behind Steven Jackson.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

Can you imagine Steven Jackson taking a breather, and then POTENTIALLY here comes Unga? Sheesh, I'd feel bad for Defensive Backs.
                      | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Being pretty much the ONLY BYU fan here, I'll give you guys a quick scouting report on Harv Dawg.

Positives - His size to speed ratio is more than adequate. He's deceptively quick and has some shifty moves for a guy his size. Production is there. He's light on his feet and can get around the front seven using his deceptive quickness. When he gets into the backfield, hes big enough to bully his way around. Definitely hard to tackle. He's the best pass catching RB that I've seen in some time. Great guy, good locker room presence.

Negatives - Injuries. Injuries. Injuries. He gets dinged up all the time and sometimes holds back when other players would tough it through. Sometimes goes down too easy. Makes the mistake of trying to run around everyone when he is capable of running right through them. Straight line speed might be average at best. Although shifty, he runs kind of stiff like that reminds me of Toby Gerhart.

Other **** - BYU's leading rusher. He's been a crucial part of that pass happy offense as soon as he stepped foot on campus. He's a good guy (I know him personally). Very humble dude. With the rise of two back systems, he should find a home on team that is lacking some depth at RB. He could turn into a really nice get for any team willing to take him.

I definitely hope he succeeds. Our families are really close with each other.

Comment

Illinois DT Josh Brent to work out for NFL teams July 7

Didn't want to start another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                            Being pretty much the ONLY BYU fan here, I'll give you guys a quick scouting report on Harv Dawg.

Positives - His size to speed ratio is more than adequate. He's deceptively quick and has some shifty moves for a guy his size. Production is there. He's light on his feet and can get around the front seven using his deceptive quickness. When he gets into the backfield, hes big enough to bully his way around. Definitely hard to tackle. He's the best pass catching RB that I've seen in some time. Great guy, good locker room presence.

Negatives - Injuries. Injuries. Injuries. He gets dinged up all the time and sometimes holds back when other players would tough it through. Sometimes goes down too easy. Makes the mistake of trying to run around everyone when he is capable of running right through them. Straight line speed might be average at best. Although shifty, he runs kind of stiff like that reminds me of Toby Gerhart.

Other **** - BYU's leading rusher. He's been a crucial part of that pass happy offense as soon as he stepped foot on campus. He's a good guy (I know him personally). Very humble dude. With the rise of two back systems, he should find a home on team that is lacking some depth at RB. He could turn into a really nice get for any team willing to take him.

Does he qualify as a West Coast Offense RB? Also, does he have potential to be a solid starter in the NFL?
                            | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post

Not bad, I think you may be a bit too high on him. I don't see the quickness on tape that you describe. I think he often has trouble accelerating through the hole (which didn't hurt him in college, but will in the pros). It isn't what I'd want from a starter and I don't quite see starting potential. He could be a tremendous pass catching FB or a solid bruising runner, but I'm a bit skeptical past that.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information