Freak list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freak list

Intersting article on espn.com, listing the top 10 "freaks" in college football. Most interesting to me #9 Jonathan baldwin. 6 5 228, 360 bench with what im imagining are 36 inch arms. 4.37 40. 42 inches in the vertical. 11 foot broad jump.

Also listed in just missed the cut robert griffin and ryan mallett amongst others.

persona non grata, julio jones, aj green, michael floyd, none made the freak list, even honorable mention in the freak list.

Put that together with superior production and far superior hands, no injury problems, and you get the real #1 reciever in the draft

What makes you believe Baldwin has "far superior hands" to Green or Floyd?

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

That list should start with Allen Bailey. #3 is way too low. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am a firm believer that Allen Bailey will have one of the greatest combines in the history of the event. He is an unbelievable athlete.

Three-hundred-pound football players simply aren't put together like Bailey, who has become a fixture on this list. It also doesn't hurt that he has such a Bunyanesque background; he once killed an alligator with a shovel. Bailey led UM in sacks (seven) and TFLs (11) last season despite bouncing between tackle and end. I asked his pal DeMarcus Van Dyke, a starting CB at Miami: What's the most impressive thing he's seen Bailey do?

"I've been his roommate for three years. Our freshman year, he picked me up by my feet with one hand and hung me upside down," said VanDyke, who added that he's also witnessed Bailey power-clean 400 pounds, vertical 39 inches and run a 4.65 40.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
        That list should start with Allen Bailey. #3 is way too low. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am a firm believer that Allen Bailey will have one of the greatest combines in the history of the event. He is an unbelievable athlete.
        That is pretty incredible. If those numbers are legit, that would be right up there.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
          What makes you believe Baldwin has "far superior hands" to Green or Floyd?

The spectacular circus catches he makes on a regular basis

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post

Now I'd like to see some better play. Still on the board, but I'd like to see some better play. he'll only rise so far regardless because hes not an edge rusher that ive seen. Rumors of his physical ability have been flying for a while, Id like to see it translate on the field.

Comment

I think jonathan baldwins more of a freak than peterson, just looking at the #s. 4.37 4.37 11' 1 11' 42 inch vert for baldwin 39 for peterson. I dont know if petersons 220 either. baldwins a legit 6 5 230 area. I think baldwins #1, the #1 freak. Most importantly of all the "freaks" on the list hes the best football player.

I'll say it now like i said it before. Baldwin is a tougher less injury prone calvin johnson clone.

Comment

I hope Jon Baldwin runs a 4.6 because I want him with his hometown Pittsburgh Steelers. Allen Bailey still looks like Amare Stat.

Comment

Bruce carter will run 4.39 when pigs start flying.

Also persona non grata Robert Quinn.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                    I hope Jon Baldwin runs a 4.6 because I want him with his hometown Pittsburgh Steelers. Allen Bailey still looks like Amare Stat.

We can only hope brother, we can only hope. But stranger things have happened, better players have fallen. I'll be honest i'd settle for a 6-10 this year, the ax for the "terrel owens' of nfl coaches mike tomlin, and a shot at baldwin. Ben with mendenhall, baldwin and wallace.

We can only hope brother, we can only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                      Allen Bailey still looks like Amare Stat.
                      Thank you! For a while now, whenever I saw him I thought he resembled someone but couldn't figure out who.

Also, **** yes to Baldwin as a Steeler.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

How good a 3-4 end could Bailey be? With that strength and athleticism, it might seem like a waste to put him there, but at the same time he could be a dominant player.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

OK, we will take Tomlin back since you don't appreciate him in Pitt. And Pat Peterson is a better football player than Jonathan Baldwin.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

Hopefully we'll have like the 8th pick if we dont win the super bowl, then hopefully someone will draft jake locker and robert quinn and patrick peterson and players at other positions that we dont need. If were outside of the top 10, it aint going to happen, although we havent traded up in a while in rd 1 ben aint getting any younger. Baldwin is an over the top type player. You put him with mike wallace mr 4.28, Its like jet fuel and a nuclear reactor. Add in mendenhall with ben and how are you going to stop the steelers on offense?

Answer: youre not going to. baldwin is one of the best prosepect ever at the position. Plus hes from aliquippa, and darrelle revis says aliquippa dont miss.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                              OK, we will take Tomlin back since you don't appreciate him in Pitt. And Pat Peterson is a better football player than Jonathan Baldwin.
                              Based on what? Hes not a better athlete. He wasnt more productive.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information