My First Post + Ryan Whalen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Post + Ryan Whalen

Hey guys! This is my first ever post on these forums. I've been paying attention to the site and the boards for a while now, but I've finally had some free time and decided to join you guys in discussing the best sport ever. Hopefully I can be of some value to the discussions around here.

And my first-ever question is about Ryan Whalen, WR from Stanford. From what I've heard, the former walk-on is the consummate workout warrior. He runs a 4.5, benches 340, cleans 350, and squats 455. What do you guys think of his potential in the NFL, and who does his game compare to? I haven't had an opportunity to watch him in depth yet. Thanks.

Originally posted by CB31 View Post
    Hey guys! This is my first ever post on these forums. I've been paying attention to the site and the boards for a while now, but I've finally had some free time and decided to join you guys in discussing the best sport ever. Hopefully I can be of some value to the discussions around here.

And my first-ever question is about Ryan Whalen, WR from Stanford. From what I've heard, the former walk-on is the consummate workout warrior. He runs a 4.5, benches 340, cleans 350, and squats 455. What do you guys think of his potential in the NFL, and who does his game compare to? I haven't had an opportunity to watch him in depth yet. Thanks.
    I still need to put a bit more work in, but he reminds a bit of Blair White. Works hard, isn't going to be a burner but runs his routes well. What I want to see from Whalen is being used more in the red zone (which should come this year without Gerhart)

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

350 clean is impressive for a wr if it's true

Comment

Welcome to the board! As for Whalen, I pretty much agree with Shane's take.

Comment

I'm a fan. Good safety valve/3rd down target, just needs to show more consistent hands this year imo. Just moves the chains, reminds me of a less polished Jason Avant.

Comment

Very impressive lifts from a kid in the 6-2, 205-210 range. I'm excited to see what the Stanford offense that was so potent just a year ago has to offer without Gerhart. He'll be a main component (as well as Osuwu) on balancing it out.

Comment

Welcome to the boards.

I really like Whalen as a player. He is great at picking up the first and his body control is fantastic along the sideline. I really think that he is a kid that has a good shot at being drafted.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information