Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you rank the QB's for the 2011 Draft Class?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you rank the QB's for the 2011 Draft Class?

I have a list of rankings for Senior QB's and one that includes Seniors, Juniors and Sophomores on my blog (though the Senior QB rankings list is more recent), but I am curious to see what you guys have to say about this.

Here are my rankings for seniors, juniors and eligible sophomores for the 2011 draft:

1- Jake Locker
    2- Christian Ponder
    3- Nathan Enderle
    4- Andrew Luck
    5- Ryan Mallett
    6- Pat Devlin
    7- Kirk Cousins
    8- Jerrod Johnson
    9- Terrelle Pryor
    10- John Brantley

This was hard for me to put together after the top 5, especially since I haven't seen much of Devlin, but I liked what I saw from Cousins last year, and Pryor showed me some ability in the Rose Bowl, though I have yet to review it to take notes on his performance. And John Brantley is on there because I liked what I saw in some highlights a Florida fan showed me, he really does have a rocket.

But when I put together my rankings of Senior QB's I was not very impressed with the crop we have here. Outside of Locker, Ponder, Enderle, Devlin and, from a developmental standpoint, Jerrod Johnson, the QB class is not very good in my estimation. Obviously there is a lot of time for those things to change, but I don't like what I see when I look at my rankings of Senior QB's, as a lot of them project to be back-ups or possibly 6th or 7th round picks in my estimation.

So even though it's early, I thought I'd see how you guys ranked the QB's in this class. And if you get a chance, check out my blog. The link is in my signature. I've been watching games when I get a chance, taking notes and writing up my thoughts and posting them on my blog. Thanks in advance if you can make it over!

-Mr. Offseason

1. Andrew Luck :: Stanford*
    2. Ryan Mallet :: Arkansas*
    3. Jake Locker :: Washington
    4. Jerrod Johnson :: Texas A&M
    5. Nathan Enderle :: Idaho
    6. Pat Devlin :: Delaware
    7. Christian Ponder :: Florida State
    8. Nick Foles :: Arizona*
    9. Ricky Stanzi :: Iowa
    10. Greg McElroy :: Alabama
    11. Colin Kaepernick :: Nevada
    12. Case Keenum :: Houston
    13. Alex Tanney :: Monmouth (IL)
    14. Scott Tolzien :: Wisconsin
    15. Ben Chappell :: Indiana
    16. Andy Dalton :: TCU
    17. Zack Eskridge :: Midwestern State
    18. Kevin Riley :: California

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

The only ones I feel comfortable ranking right now are the ones I've ranked as first round QBs (who I've seen play quite a bit and impress me). Those are (in order):

Ryan Mallett
      Jake Locker
      Andrew Luck*
      Christian Ponder

I don't think Luck declares this year because he has #1 overall potential next year unless he is a consensus top 5 lock.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

1. Ryan Mallett
        2. Jake Locker
        3. Andrew Luck
        4. Christian Ponder
        5. Jerrod Johnson
        6. Blaine Gabbert
        7. Nathan Enderle
        8. Greg McElroy
        9. Ricky Stanzi
        10. Pat Devlin

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

1. Jake Locker
          2. Ryan Mallett*
          3. Andrew Luck*
          4. Jerrod Johnson
          5. Nathan Enderle
          6. Christian Ponder
          7. Pat Devlin
          8. Blaine Gabbert*
          9. Kellen Moore*
          10. Case Keenum

Comment

Here is my Top 5:

Follow Me on Twitter!
            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Great work Shane. It would have been even better if Enderle was there. xD

Comment

1. Ryan Mallet: Arkansas
                2. Jake Locker: Washington
                3. Andrew Luck: Stanford
                4. Christian Ponder: Florida State
                5. Jerrod Johnson: Texas A&M
                6. Pat Devlin: Delaware
                7. Nathan Enderle: Idaho
                8. Ricky Stanzi: Iowa
                9. Colin Kaepernick: Nevada
                10. Case Keenum: Houston

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

1. Mallet
                  Not really interested in the others.

Comment

1. Ryan Mallett
                    2. Andrew Luck
                    3. Jake Locker
                    Last edited by Texas Homer; 07-09-2010, 05:43 PM.

Comment

1a.) Locker
                      1b.) Mallett
                      -
                      2.) Luck (I don't think he'll come out but you never know...)
                      -
                      -
                      -
                      3.) Ponder
                      -
                      -
                      Everyone else...all after the first round.

Comment

Wow you guys all really like Mallett. I'm surprised he is getting as much love as he is so far. I guess I'm just not sold on him yet. He has some really impressive ability, but I need to see more consistency from him before I can grade him as high as you guys are. I'm not a big supporter right now.

Locker is my default #1 just because if he improves like he did between his sophomore and junior seasons it's hard to put him behind anyone else. And I really like what I have seen from Ponder, especially after he trashed my Tar Heels last year.

And I really like Enderle also, it was nice to see him getting some attention in your lists.

Comment

For me, I am old school with the QB. Locker is up there because he can make plays with his feet. But Mallet has the best overall arm. I want my QB to be a pocket passer, and if he has to run its because the OL did something wrong or coverage sack. Plus I guess SEC bias a little bit too

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Offseason View Post
                            And I really like Enderle also, it was nice to see him getting some attention in your lists.
                            Yeah, the more I watch Enderle, the more I like him. If he cuts down on the mistakes next season he is really going to be move up on everyones rankings.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think Enderle is an intriguing passer, but I'd love to hear the reasoning for having him over Mallet. His physical tools don't come close and Mallett overall performed better game to game against much better competition. Does Mallett's accuracy concern you that much?

This is the way my top 5 looks right now, although this coming year will obviously change a lot...

1. Jake Locker - Washington
                              Even ignoring Locker's athleticism, I think the way he's led that Washington offense would force me to place him high. I want to see him take smarter risks this coming year, but I don't really expect his interception totals to fall much. He'll be a controversial prospect like Matt Ryan was, but I think he's the best guy at the moment.
                              2. Ryan Mallett - Arkansas
                              I see things I really don't like and things I really do like, but in general I think JaMarcus Russell made me illogically wary of guys so talented that you overlook other things. Not that I think Mallett is pounding codeine or anything, but I see a little of the same inconsistent mechanics and plodding drop-back. Either way, so long as Mallett can show me he uses his arm strength intelligently and shows scouts that he's...well...intelligent, he's got as good a shot to go #1 as anyone. In terms of throwing the ball, as a prospect, he's up there with Russell and Carson Palmer.
                              3. Andrew Luck - Stanford
                              I don't see any real chance that he leaves school after this year. If he develops like I think he will, I think he'll be an awesome prospect eventually. What he showed me last year is that he has one of the quickest feet and fastest releases that I've ever seen from a college prospect. That said, his reading of defenses was inconsistent and his placement of the ball was erratic, not to mention some of the mistakes he made could only be called "bone-headed". In other words, he looked like a freshman first year starter, which is his right. I'll be watching Stanford closely this year.
                              4. Christian Ponder - Florida State
                              I felt Ponder was similarly inconsistent to Luck, but he was shouldering way more of his offense and faced some much harder challenges. The North Carolina game pretty much sums up Ponder well. He was completely rattled early and flat out missed the easiest throws, but by the second half he accepted that he was going to get hit either way and started flinging the ball like a star. He's not an amazing talent by any stretch of the imagination, but he's got solid tools. If he checks out with coaches during the whiteboard sessions, he's going to go in the first 32 picks.
                              5. Pat Devlin - Delaware
                              I could very easily have gone a number of directions here, with Enderle and the somewhat intriguing Gabbert out there, but I like Devlin's skill set. He's going to have to come out and raise his play from last year, but he's in a prime position to pass all over his competition and show his ability. This spot is really open to whoever steps up in 2010, in my estimation.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information