X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RealityCheck
    started a topic Nathan Enderle, QB, Idaho

Nathan Enderle, QB, Idaho

Standing at 6'5" and 233, what do Mallett, Luck and Ponder have that the pictured manbeast doesn't?

This guy should be up there with Locker and Mallett, and you'll see the truth when the season begins.

So, why don't people rank him there?

• Mr. Offseason
    replied
    I was incredibly high on Enderle earlier this year but he looks like an entirely different QB this year (in a bad way). He's not using his eyes well, he isn't playing with poise in the pocket, he is making bad decisions and playing with bad footwork. I think it has a lot to do with his offensive line having such little starting experience, and he is dealing with more pressure this year. It's pretty evident that he does not handle that pressure as well as some of us thought he did. I still think he has starting QB potential in the NFL, because that QB that I saw last year did not just disappear, but he is definitely not going to get selected in the first three or four rounds at this point. He's just made too many bad decisions and mistakes this year.

Leave a comment:

• DaBrowns41
    replied
    Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
    Stanzi >> Enderle
    Depends on the offense you're running. WCO, short/intermediate type play calling, go Stanzi. Vertical offense, take a chance on Enderle.

Stanzi's arm is about as good as Ken Dorsey's. Just a big ol' noodle.

Leave a comment:

• DaBrowns41
    replied
    Because he's the next Derek Anderson.

Big arm, forces too many throws, overconfident in his arm, and tosses into double coverage more often than not.

I love his physical ability, but he, like Anderson, can't complete a 5-10 yard pass consistently to save his life.

Leave a comment:

• Jack203
    replied
    Interested to see if RC is still a believer. He has to admit Enderle's stock in a free fall...right?

Leave a comment:

• Black Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by descendency View Post
    Because most people have never seen him play.
    I have and he sucks.

Leave a comment:

• marshallb
    replied
    Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    Yeah, I am with you and then some at this point.
    Yep. I was gonna bring up RC's other Enderle thread where he calls him the best QB in this draft, but saw this one. I just can't believe how horrible he looked. Yea, Boise got some pressure early, but he showed no poise or pocket presence and held the ball way too long which led to a few of the sacks. I have no idea what he was trying to do on the INTs. The first one he didn't step into it at all, and just threw it up between two receivers, and the second one he threw it right into the hands of the Boise linebacker. Yea, a couple of drops by his WRs early may have hurt him and got him a bit flustered, but that's no excuse. I only saw one quality NFL type throw and that was on the TD, and that wasn't even a great throw. If the corner hadn't lost contact with the receiver, he very well could have sunk in right to the pass as Enderle led the fade back over the middle.

I didn't watch Enderle's game against Nebraska, and this may be an over reaction, but I wouldn't touch Enderle before the 5th round at the earliest, and that's more of just based on his size and supposed arm strength.

On another note, Nate Potter looked horrendous. He got beat numerous times by Aaron Lavarias, who really impressed me, getting pressure from anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• ElectricEye
    replied
    Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
    Stanzi >> Enderle
    Yeah, I am with you and then some at this point.

Leave a comment:

• ToldLikeItIs
    replied
    Stanzi >> Enderle

Leave a comment:

• ElectricEye
    replied
    This is more than a little rough. He looks absolutely lost.

Leave a comment:

• jrdrylie
    replied
    Poor Nate Enderle is killing his draft status. He has the talent of top prospect but he is just sucking against quality teams. 5 Ints against Nebraska, 2 against Hawaii, and now two more against Boise State in the first quarter. At this point he looks like a late-rounder.

Leave a comment:

• RealityCheck
    replied
    Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
    i didn't mean the divison they play in, rather than the talent level of the team
    Exactly. The way Vandy's going now, they would get buttraped by the Vandals.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Offseason
    replied
    Originally posted by bce View Post
    There it is again. more polished, better footwork, evaluation on intangibles. and im sorry but john skelton has great mechanics. A perfect high quick release that produces a high rev rate. If nathan enderle was dominating the wac i may tend to agree with the competition thing but hes not dominating the wac.
    Mechanics don't just refer to someone's release. Plenty of people have a quality release, but if your footwork is trash and you throw off your back foot a lot it doesn't matter if you have a good release.

And playing well against quality competition is nice, but like many of the things you seem to value like physical ability, they aren't critical to a QB's success in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• PACKmanN
    replied
    Originally posted by Sniper View Post
    Yeah, an SEC team and Idaho are the "same type of program".

Seriously?
    i didn't mean the divison they play in, rather than the talent level of the team

Leave a comment:

• princefielder28
    replied
    Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
    Small school + weak confrence. I for one love the kid. I see him going round 2 with a great combine.
    Combine won't mean anything if he doesn't take that next step on the field

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information