Prospect of the Day: DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect of the Day: DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa

To see previously discussed prospects, click here.

DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa
    6'4 - 285 lbs. - Senior

Highlights

This guy is a monster, really tough and never quits. Not the biggest dude out there, but he's thick and strong. I think he could be a great 3-4 DE, or maybe a LE in a 4-3.

Also, he reminds me of Darnell Dockett. Almost identical size, play with strength and can wreak havoc when not properly accounted for.

Props to clover_jeez!

I kind of feel if he is going to play power end in a 43 he would be better losing 5 or so pounds and if he is going to play 5 technique he would be better adding 5-10 pounds. He is a beast though

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

I could see him being a Darnell Dockett type player...such a beast and for me he's easily a top 10 player in next April's draft

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I think this year he really needs to improve his pass rush and overall consistency. It also would really help for him to work on his technique since right now he has adequate technique but mainly gets by on pure power and athleticism.

If he can show a great pass rush ability to couple with his outstanding ability to play the run, he could really jump up some boards. That, and as long as he doesn't slap any more cab drivers in Iowa City...

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
          I think this year he really needs to improve his pass rush and overall consistency. It also would really help for him to work on his technique since right now he has adequate technique but mainly gets by on pure power and athleticism.

If he can show a great pass rush ability to couple with his outstanding ability to play the run, he could really jump up some boards. That, and as long as he doesn't slap any more cab drivers in Iowa City...
          The cab driver deserved it. You don't tell Adrian Clayborn what to do.

He's a beast. He ate Tate Forcier as a snack last year and was still hungry afterwards.

Comment

I've been pretty bi-polar with Clayborn, but I'm more towards putting him in my Top 10 overall.

I think his transition will be tougher than some are expecting, but his determination and elite motor will make him a valuable asset throughout his career.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Simply known as the sex

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I feel like both Clayborn and Heyward's value may not live up to the high expectations this season brings. Neither are elite pass rushers, and despite the big talk of 3-4 DEs being valuable, other than Tyson Jackson, we haven't quite seen that translate to the draft. Just don't be disappointed if they end up as mid 1st rounders, or with a bad year drop a round.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I like Clayborn and all, but I do think he's quite overhyped. Some folks are predicting Top 5 for him, and I just don't see it.

However, he is the man.

Comment

Yea, he really needs to come out senior year and show that he has worked this offseason to eliminate any flaws in his game in order to by a high pick, imo. Like I said earlier, he doesn't have the best technique, often getting by on just sheer power and athleticism. He has shown to steadily improve in both technique and consistency, he just needs to keep doing it through his senior year.

Comment

He has the athletic talent and motor to succeed...just wish I'd see more consistency and a little better technique. And the character concerns as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CB31 View Post
                        He has the athletic talent and motor to succeed...just wish I'd see more consistency and a little better technique. And the character concerns as well.
                        Yea, he slapped a cabbie for calling him the N word. He manned up to it and admitted he was wrong. Other than that, he has no character concerns.

But yea, it will probably be brought up during the process and made to be worse than guys getting DUIs and drug charges.

Comment

I'm not buying a 285lb 34 DE. He needs to add 15 lbs.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Beast.

I like him a lot as a prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                              Yea, he slapped a cabbie for calling him the N word..
                              I dont see that as wrong, I see that as a dude who doesnt let **** like that slide.

good for him

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information