Prospect of the Day: OLB Von Miller, Texas A&M

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect of the Day: OLB Von Miller, Texas A&M

To see previously discussed prospects, click here.

OLB Von Miller, Texas A&M
    6'3 - 240 lbs. - Senior

Highlights!

A great fit as a 3-4 OLB, IMO.

Props to clover_jeez!

The speed is there, but he could use several more pass-rushing moves. It also looked like Texas wanted to exploit Miller constantly rushing from the outside of the pocket

Comment

Can't play the run.
      Has no power moves.

Great outside speed.
      Elite burst off the line.
      Elite bend.

I can't see him as more than a SAM linebacker in a 34 defense or maybe only a 3rd down pass rusher. I just think he's that much of a liability against the run and I doubt he can cover.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

My favourite prospect next year, I believe he will go somewhere at 15-20.
        "Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."

Comment

He surely can produce, but does he have what it takes? I guess we'll see this year.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
            He surely can produce, but does he have what it takes? I guess we'll see this year.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
              Classic!!!

But this is a guy alot of people say will fall to the Saints in the later part of the draft, so its good to find out more about him.

Comment

I wanted him to declare last year so the Steelers took him. Now there's no chance we get him.

How does he compare to Larry English? English can be much more powerful right?

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Yea, English plays with better leverage and power but no where near the burst. Comparison is tough, Von Miller = Jason Worilds maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                    I wanted him to declare last year so the Steelers took him. Now there's no chance we get him.
                    Oh I think you'll have a chance at him next year too.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                      This is one of the most pointless, stupid comments I have seen in awhile lol.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

that Texas highlight does him no justice. we had so few games televised.

we are running a 3-4 this year and he's playing the role of "blitz the QB every play" this year. he's going to get targeted by every offense.

I love me some Von Miller.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                          Oh I think you'll have a chance at him next year too.
                          Oh, we'll probably get the chance to choose him, but we won't because we took two this year.

Jason Worilds in the second, Thaddeus Gibson in the fourth. Those guys won't be starting anytime soon. Getting Miller in the first next year would simply be overkill, and very unnecessary.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                            Can't play the run.
                            Has no power moves.

Great outside speed.
                            Elite burst off the line.
                            Elite bend.

I can't see him as more than a SAM linebacker in a 34 defense or maybe only a 3rd down pass rusher. I just think he's that much of a liability against the run and I doubt he can cover.
                            If he has elite outside speed, elite burst and elite bend hes certainly not going to be playing sam linebacker.

It doesnt really matter if hes a liability in coverage either. Demarcus ware is a liability in coverage.

It doesnt matter if hes weak against the run, which i didnt really see there anyway.

All that matters is that he gets to the qb way more often than anyone else and its not even a close second. Hes a pass rusher and best yet a proven stand up pass rushing linebacker.

All his weaknesses may be true, but they dont even come close to measuring up to his strengths, which you enumerated previous. Since when does it matter if elite pass rushers are great against the run. As long as they get to the qb it doesnt really make any difference.

Because thats what they are paid to do. Not paid to be run stuffers and cover people. They do those things occasionally. They rush the passer 90% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by bce View Post
                              If he has elite outside speed, elite burst and elite bend hes certainly not going to be playing sam linebacker.

It doesnt really matter if hes a liability in coverage either. Demarcus ware is a liability in coverage.

It doesnt matter if hes weak against the run, which i didnt really see there anyway.

All that matters is that he gets to the qb way more often than anyone else and its not even a close second. Hes a pass rusher and best yet a proven stand up pass rushing linebacker.

All his weaknesses may be true, but they dont even come close to measuring up to his strengths, which you enumerated previous. Since when does it matter if elite pass rushers are great against the run. As long as they get to the qb it doesnt really make any difference.

Because thats what they are paid to do. Not paid to be run stuffers and cover people. They do those things occasionally. They rush the passer 90% of the time.
                              Well that all depends on which 34 system you are going to be playing in. If it is the Cowboys etc as you were saying with Ware then it is fine to just pin your ears back and rush the passer. How Bill Belichick has on numerous occassions passed on undersized pass rushers due to their inability to set the edge in run support. For instance, in the past two drafts many people would assume he would have picked either Everette Brown or Jerry Hughes as the Pats had a problem rushing the passer. But due to their problems against the run he passed on them.

Some teams think a 34 OLB is just an undersized 43 DE while some teams will not select OLBs who are less than 6'3 265 due to what they ask them to do schematically both against the run and in pass coverage. The 34 became successful because a lot of the time offensive lines didnt know who was rushing. If every play you have 3 defensive linemen and two OLBs pass rushing then it becomes predictible.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information