Prospect of the Day: G/C Mike Pouncey, Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect of the Day: G/C Mike Pouncey, Florida

To see previously discussed prospects, click here.

No highlights :(

Personally, I think he ranks up there with the best centers and guards in the draft. Not as good as Maurkice, though he could get pretty close. Will have to improve footwork and other technical aspects, but he's a great player already. Will switch over to center this year after Maurkice left.

Props to clover_jeez!

Try finding some Maurkice highlights and you may get some Mike too.

I don't think he's no way worse than his brother. Or better.

Comment

I hope the Steelers draft him.

Comment

I want him on the Cowboys so bad. He gives us some much needed interior line depth and versatility to play either guard spot or center if need be. He's by far my favorite prospect for the 'Boys and I hope he last at least until the 20's start.

I doubt we draft a LT, and we took Robert Brewster in the 3rd just a few years ago who is being groomed as a RT behind Columbo, Pouncey would sure up alot of problems we've had on the interior.

I am curious to see how he comes out next year in comparison to his brother, but I certainly didn't think he was worse when I watched Florida, even with him being younger and more raw.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
          I hope the Steelers draft him.
          As do I, my friend, as do I.

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          I am curious to see how he comes out next year in comparison to his brother, but I certainly didn't think he was worse when I watched Florida, even with him being younger and more raw.
          Wait, what?

And Mike is a great player, but I felt that as the season advanced Maurkice got better small, technical aspects of the game. Maybe Mike will get them playing center this year.

I still expect Mike to be a fringe first rounder right now, with a good chance of sliding up boards come combine, workouts, and draft time.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

I think Mike has a chance to be a pretty good pro, not quite as good as Maurkice though. I have him rated as the 3rd best interior linemen behind O'Dowd and Moffitt.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

mike still has never played center in his life (possible exaggeration)... if he proves he's up to par then his versatility on the interior line positions will definitely give his stock a boost

Comment

I wouldn't mind him on the Texans.

Comment

I think he'll see his stock rise pre-draft much like his brother's did, and end up going in the late first round.

Big, strong, versatile interior lineman are becoming more and more important these days with more and more teams switching to the 3-4.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                    Wait, what?
                    It didn't even dawn on me that they are twins, I assumed he was the younger of the two for years now lol.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

So what are the differences between Mike and Maurkice?

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                        So what are the differences between Mike and Maurkice?
                        Maurkice had slightly better technique, which I attribute to playing center (could be wrong on this). Mike is listed an inch shorter, and his name is different.

That's basically it, lol.

But seriously, it's mainly the technique. Both guys are great run-blockers and are good at pass-blocking as well. Great size, they seem to carry their weight well, and are more athletic than given credit for.

I want to see Mike at center before truly comparing him vs. Maurkice, because Maurkice had a whole other set of tasks he had to take care of as opposed to Mike.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Maurkice has quicker feet, and has better hip/knee bend. Mike is a little more of a waist bender. We'll see if he can smooth out the technical aspect of his game this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                            Wait, what?
                            if im not mistaking he is the younger twin

as a prospect he is overrated imo but i didnt like his brother all that much either

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                            - Corner or Wideout in the first
                            - No reaching
                            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

maurkice is sex on turf in the pass game, mike not so much but i would expect him to refine that skill this year since its why he stayed.

they are basically the same in the run game though
                              E]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information