X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Goosemahn
    started a topic Prospect of the Day: G/C Mike Pouncey, Florida

Prospect of the Day: G/C Mike Pouncey, Florida

To see previously discussed prospects, click here.

No highlights :(

Personally, I think he ranks up there with the best centers and guards in the draft. Not as good as Maurkice, though he could get pretty close. Will have to improve footwork and other technical aspects, but he's a great player already. Will switch over to center this year after Maurkice left.

• CashmoneyDrew
    replied
    I don't see him getting past Dallas if they pick in the 20's.

Leave a comment:

• RalphX19X
    replied
    He's struggles snapping the ball but he hasn't missed a beat when it comes to blocking. Definitely a G in the NFL and a very good one.

Leave a comment:

• BeerBaron
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnCandy View Post
    Who would you rather have at center for your team Mike Pouncey or Rodney Hudson?
    Mike has struggled a bit at center so far this year, but he's at least actually playing it. Hudson is still at G where I think he'll be too small to hack it in the pros for most schemes.

Leave a comment:

• JohnCandy
    replied
    Who would you rather have at center for your team Mike Pouncey or Rodney Hudson?

Leave a comment:

• K Train
    replied
    maurkice is sex on turf in the pass game, mike not so much but i would expect him to refine that skill this year since its why he stayed.

they are basically the same in the run game though

Leave a comment:

• wicket
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
    Wait, what?
    if im not mistaking he is the younger twin

as a prospect he is overrated imo but i didnt like his brother all that much either

Leave a comment:

• yourfavestoner
    replied
    Maurkice has quicker feet, and has better hip/knee bend. Mike is a little more of a waist bender. We'll see if he can smooth out the technical aspect of his game this year.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Goosemahn
    replied
    Originally posted by prock View Post
    So what are the differences between Mike and Maurkice?
    Maurkice had slightly better technique, which I attribute to playing center (could be wrong on this). Mike is listed an inch shorter, and his name is different.

That's basically it, lol.

But seriously, it's mainly the technique. Both guys are great run-blockers and are good at pass-blocking as well. Great size, they seem to carry their weight well, and are more athletic than given credit for.

I want to see Mike at center before truly comparing him vs. Maurkice, because Maurkice had a whole other set of tasks he had to take care of as opposed to Mike.

Leave a comment:

• prock
    replied
    So what are the differences between Mike and Maurkice?

Leave a comment:

• LonghornsLegend
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
    Wait, what?
    It didn't even dawn on me that they are twins, I assumed he was the younger of the two for years now lol.

Leave a comment:

• BeerBaron
    replied
    I think he'll see his stock rise pre-draft much like his brother's did, and end up going in the late first round.

Big, strong, versatile interior lineman are becoming more and more important these days with more and more teams switching to the 3-4.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Homer
    replied
    I wouldn't mind him on the Texans.

Leave a comment:

• sbh15
    replied
    mike still has never played center in his life (possible exaggeration)... if he proves he's up to par then his versatility on the interior line positions will definitely give his stock a boost

Leave a comment:

• princefielder28
    replied
    I think Mike has a chance to be a pretty good pro, not quite as good as Maurkice though. I have him rated as the 3rd best interior linemen behind O'Dowd and Moffitt.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information