Prospect of the Day: DL Allen Bailey, Miami

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect of the Day: DL Allen Bailey, Miami

To see previously discussed prospects, click here.

DL Allen Bailey, Miami
    6'4 - 288 lbs. - Senior

Highlights!

Another guy that I think can be a great 3-4 defensive end. This draft is really rich in 3-4 DE prospects. Big, athletic guy who can play both outside and inside.

Props to clover_jeez!

It's hard to predict Bailey's position. I think it was BBD that mentioned this, but he's built like a massive linebacker. He's doesn't really have the bulk of a defensive tackle (yet) nor is he really much of an edge rusher, but the athleticism is undoubtedly there. He hasn't performed at a very high level in Miami, but someone will take a flyer on him even if he doesn't pull it all together this season.

He's the kind of guy who would play middle guard if such a position existed in today's NFL defenses. Not sure I see a 5-tech in Bailey, I see a guy who'll probably be shifted around a 4-man front like Justin Tuck. The question for me is what kind of weight does this guy naturally play at? If he could loose some pounds, it wouldn't be out of the question to try him as 34 OLB, but I'm not sure he could manage to stay that light.

Comment

in this pace you'll be past all the nice recruits before the end of the month

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
        in this pace you'll be past all the nice recruits before the end of the month
        That's not a bad thing tbh :) I'd like to see more and more prospects discussed here.
        "Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."

Comment

Originally posted by tenorx View Post
          That's not a bad thing tbh :) I'd like to see more and more prospects discussed here.
          thats not the point, he should spread out the good stuff ;)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
            It's hard to predict Bailey's position. I think it was BBD that mentioned this, but he's built like a massive linebacker. He's doesn't really have the bulk of a defensive tackle (yet) nor is he really much of an edge rusher, but the athleticism is undoubtedly there. He hasn't performed at a very high level in Miami, but someone will take a flyer on him even if he doesn't pull it all together this season.

He's the kind of guy who would play middle guard if such a position existed in today's NFL defenses. Not sure I see a 5-tech in Bailey, I see a guy who'll probably be shifted around a 4-man front like Justin Tuck. The question for me is what kind of weight does this guy naturally play at? If he could loose some pounds, it wouldn't be out of the question to try him as 34 OLB, but I'm not sure he could manage to stay that light.
            After his freshman year he got up to 293 and settled at 288 after that, I really don't see him getting any lower than 285. Depending on how much he develops this year (under a significantly better DL coach) I see him being a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DE. If he develops as a pass rusher, I see a 4-3 team taking him earlier than a 3-4 team would, if not 3-4 DE would be his better position.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

I think Miami Restart their Streak with Bailey. I think he would be a Great 4-3 DE.

Comment

Watching that clip twice the thing I saw over and over and over is he is slow to get out of his stance when the ball is snapped. He's a 1 gap DE playing with 2 gap speed. He has good awareness but I didn't see the pass rush moves. Obviously he has great athleticism.

My concern is that initial burst looks really really bad. He's also struggling to disengage from OL while pass rushing but not while run stopping.

He's too big to play 43 DE in the NFL. He can't chase down QBs from behind (I don't think Riley Skinner is all that fast). I see a 2 gap 34 DE who needs some work on his technique.
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Very raw talent, he needs to learn how to use his hands more effectively and come off the ball quicker. I can see a 3-4 or 4-3 team drafting him to play DE.

Comment

I don't even begin to see the gap control that would suggest Bailey is a classic 5-tech.

Comment

Man without a position. Lacks true speed and initial burst to be a consistent NFL 4-3 DE it looks like. 34 DE makes the most sense, but no one has seen him play those types of roles yet. He has the athleticism, strength, and shedding ability to find a home in the NFL, but I don't know where. I like Bailey a lot, but he's hard to place at this point.

Comment

That happens to be highlights of the worst game Miami played last year(defensively)

Comment

Just needs to play much better. I dont see great pass rush ability at this point, i do like him as an interior dl. Just needs to display more between the white lines.

Comment

in my opinion i truely find allen bailey as a 3 technique much like tommy harris both are undersized but explosive and thats where allen will find his home

Comment

I am not sure on how good he is gonna end up being, since he struggles to produce consistently, but I am in love with this guy. His athleticism has me drooling.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information