Prospect of the Day: CB Patrick Peterson, LSU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect of the Day: CB Patrick Peterson, LSU

To see previously discussed prospects, click here.

CB Patrick Peterson, LSU
    6'1 - 211 lbs. - Junior

Highlights!

My favorite CB prospect in a while, probably the best since Terrence Newman. The best CB prospect in the entire country. The guy has great size, great skills, and legit speed. If Joe Haden went top 10 last year, this guy should be able to as well.

Props to clover_jeez!

my #1 prospect period.

imo better than newman, jammer, dhall, pacman...and definitely better prospects than mckelvin, haden, revis, hill, L. hall, malcolm jenkins and j-jo...none of which i was high on even though all are good (even great) players except hill who blows ass

im weird about corners in the first...i hated revis as a prospect, clearly he made me look like a ******* idiot but i was in love with cromartie, DRC, and vontae davis in the second half of the first. the last corners i liked in the first half of the first were pacman and dhall (say what you want about them now but they were nearly perfect CB prospects) and i think peterson might even be better than them.

and i know this post is a cluster **** of just about nothing so far but i never really wanted a corner for the steelers in the first in the last decade (outside of cromartie) but i think it would be a mistake to let this man slip out of the top 10 just because its not typically a top 10 position to pick because he has elite potential and i think he can excel in any defense

im saying every now and then you get a d-hall or a pacman that is a legit top 10 talent....hes better than those 2, so thats saying quite a bit because they were incredible prospects

if you fear that he is gonna disappoint like hall did later in his career or fall on his face in the world like pacman did...so be it, i mean revis and nnamdi were a mid and late first rounder so roll the dice i suppose, im saying im really impressed with him and would take him in the top 5 because hes a rarity and a luxury at the position
    E]

Comment

Patrick Peterson has all the tools to be an All-Pro caliber player at the next level and has shown that ability during his time at LSU going up against some of the best that college football has to offer (Julio Jones, AJ Green). There's PP, followed by Prince, and then a drop-off to every other corner potentially in the draft.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

id rank them peterson, prince, williams, dowling at the moment. theres someone im missing though that i thought had a good shot of shooting up the boards this year
        E]

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
          id rank them peterson, prince, williams, dowling at the moment. theres someone im missing though that i thought had a good shot of shooting up the boards this year
          Brandon Harris has a chance to shoot up

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

yep thats who i was thinking of

also (first name?) brown from texas is a senior isnt he?

edit: curtis brown....duh
            E]

Comment

Peterson has the chance to be the best CB prospect of the decade. He really has it all as far as potential wise. One interesting thing for me this year, as fact as CBs go, none of the first round CBs were over 6 foot this year. The top 3 prospects for next year are all listed at 6'1 or above. Which ultimately is interesting especially when you consider next year will also be the year of the big WR. Just an interesting point, I thought

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

yeah definitely a big corner class, not the top end 4.3 speed but alot of these bigger guys should be 4.45-4.5 guys which is adequate for a bigger more physical corner

also note that the pic of peterson in the rain is probably the most badass football photo ever
                E]

Comment

Patrick Peterson vs. The Legend of Greg Little on Week 1.

aka World War IV.

Comment

I'm a BIG P. Peterson fan. Top 10 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                      yep thats who i was thinking of

also (first name?) brown from texas is a senior isnt he?

edit: curtis brown....duh
                      Yeah, Curtis Brown is a Sr.

I like Brown as a late 1st or early 2nd round pick at the moment.

It may not be a good comparison, but I'd compare Brown to Kareem Jackson from Alabama. Jackson is a little bigger than Brown, but Brown is a little taller I think and more athletic than Jackson in my opinion.

I like Brown a lot as a coverage CB (like Jackson). Brown has been battle tested too early in his career at Texas (Crabtree and Dez Bryant) that I think is helping him now as he goes into his Sr. year at Texas.

Comment

I so hope he's in a Detroit Lions uniform in 2011. Team him with Houston,Spievey and Delmas, draft a SS and the Lions continue to move in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                          Patrick Peterson vs. The Legend of Greg Little on Week 1.

aka World War IV.
                          More like...

Patrick Peterson vs. The Legend TJ Yates

Comment

The ************* Truth

Comment

PP will be the #1 CB off the board, top 10 pick. I think PP, AW go in the first 12 picks with PA in the top 15-18 picks.

C.Brown will be a mid 20 pick in my opinion, he will jump and time out of the world at the combine. I compare him as a prospect to Rodgers-Cromartie, superior athlete, long arms, skinny frame.

I don't think he is as physical as Kareem Jackson from last years class.

My 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information