Prospect of the Day: S DeAndre McDaniel, Clemson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect of the Day: S DeAndre McDaniel, Clemson

To see previously discussed prospects, click here.

S DeAndre McDaniel, Senior
    6'0 - 212 lbs. - Senior

Highlights!

Good safety, doesn't necesarily have the elite mesasureables of other previous prospects, but he's still good. Don't really know much more about him, other than the fact the he injured Christian Ponder.

Props to clover_jeez!

Didnt he beat up his girlfriend or something? I dont know if thats true, but he did something somewhat heinous in the eyes of fans. Mid level physical skills, off field issues, the fact that every time i saw their defense it was swiss cheese.

Im going to pass but thanks.

Comment

8 ints so he has elite ball skills. I don't think he got in trouble for hitting her but I may be wrong on that
      Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

As you know allegations are all that matter these days. Just ask #7.

I question elite ball skills. Is he making wr picks out there or is he just pulling an earl thomas and getting balls thrown right into his hands.

Comment

The two tapes above are bad balls thrown right into his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by bce View Post

I question elite ball skills. Is he making wr picks out there or is he just pulling an earl thomas and getting balls thrown right into his hands.
            I don't think Thomas had a lot of picks thrown too him. One of best traits is that he has a great gift for reading the QBs eyes and then jumping the routes. It's what a ballhawk does.
            Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

No earl thomas defnitely had a lot of picks off bad passes that were thrown right to him.

Comment

I wouldn't say a lot but yes he did have a couple that were poorly thrown balls but who doesn't get a lot of picks from balls thrown at them. I'm sure every safety to ever play has had a pass thrown at them that they picked off.
                Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

#7 is John Elway, not Big Ben.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                  Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Point being i dont consider when a lot of bad passes are thrown into your hands that you display "elite ball skills". Like this deandre mcdaniel highlight reel of two passes being thrown right into his hands. That takes him from 8 to 6 ints as i see it. To display "elite ball skills" i like to see at least 5 or so that display wr hands and i also like to see some specialty once the ball is in your hands, maybe elude some guys, break a few tackles, not just take a mistimed poorly thrown out thrown right in your hands on a straight line to the end zone.

Comment

Point being i dont consider when a lot of bad passes are thrown into your hands that you display "elite ball skills". Like this deandre mcdaniel highlight reel of two passes being thrown right into his hands. That takes him from 8 to 6 ints as i see it. To display "elite ball skills" i like to see at least 5 or so that display wr hands and i also like to see some specialty once the ball is in your hands, maybe elude some guys, break a few tackles, not just take a mistimed poorly thrown out thrown right in your hands on a straight line to the end zone.
                      Does Ike Taylor have elite ball skills? Why do you think he is the top cover corner in the league?

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

He runs a 4.2 duhhhhhhhh. That's why Fabian Washington has made 5 all pro teams
                        Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                          Does Ike Taylor have elite ball skills? Why do you think he is the top cover corner in the league?
                          No he cant catch a lick, which is why hes not an all time great. As far as blanketing, hes been the best the last 5 years, the all time greats do both.

Comment

No he cant catch a lick, which is why hes not an all time great. As far as blanketing, hes been the best the last 5 years, the all time greats do both.
                            Um, he's allowed 9 Touchdown Receptions in the last 3 seasons, and the lowest QB Rating When Throwing at him in the past 3 years is a 81.1. Doesn't really sound like he is blanketing many...

Comment

In the Patrick Peterson thread, you said he didn't have good ball skills because he had 3 ints? Now your saying Deandre McDaniels isn't a ball hawk because he intercept passes? HYPOCRISPY MUCH?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information