Prospect of the Day: WR Jonathan Baldwin, Pittsburgh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect of the Day: WR Jonathan Baldwin, Pittsburgh

To see previously discussed prospects, click here.

WR Jonathan Baldwin, Pittsburgh
    6'5 - 225 lbs. - Junior

Highlights!

[/CENTER]

I want him in a Steelers uniform so bad. Great WR, great skillset, great overall prospect. Physically he reminds me of Plaxico Burress, tall guys with long arms. Has great speed for a guy his size, uncanny ability to come down with the tough catch, and is a great overall player. Also, I just realized I could use this description (maybe not the Burress bit though) for any of the top WR's.

Finally, he's the most gifted WR prospect according to bce.
    Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn; 08-02-2010, 04:51 PM.

Props to clover_jeez!

My favorite WR available in the 2011 draft. Maybe not quite as fluid as AJ Green, but not that far off.

He more than compensates with his size/strength/deep speed. Won't be surprised if he puts up Larry Fitzgerald type numbers in 2010, and I think he has a great shot to post a sub 4.4 predraft 40 time once the bowl season ends.

You better get some of this, bce!!!!!

Comment

Cross between Calvin and Vincent Jackson IMO.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
        Finally, he's the most gifted WR prospect according to bce.
        Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
        You better get some of this, bce!!!!!

this is why i want him, that man is a genius so if he says its so, then it must be.

he looks like a slightly less fluid calvin to me or vincent jackson with his size. his game speed looks to match calvins college game speed and he seems to have good hands. idk about his change of direction skills, hes always got a guy on him in all of his catches. its good to know he can reel them in in traffic, but with his skill set id expect more seperation from college corners so im not sold on his route running ability to come in and out of breaks. shut up bce. hed be a very tough guy to cover.
        Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
        Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
          Bingo. Not hype either IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post

damn you! i was typing when you posted so i didnt even see that you said that. not cool now instead of looking wicked smart i look like i just follow the espn heard.

but seriously exactly good call.
            Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
            Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Baldwin, Floyd, Green and Jones early in the draft may be the best group i can ever remember.

Comment

This is my man crush for the season. I want to keep the hometown kid home. Such a beast. Needs to work on his routes and I don't think he's as fast as what has been linked, but still a great prospect. I want him so bad in Pittsburgh.

Comment

Highest ceiling of the the stud receivers in this draft imo. I have him 2nd behind Green and should be a lock top 10 pick barring injury.

Comment

Think about it 2008 no WR in the 1ST, 2011 maybe 4 in the 1ST.

Comment

I still have him as the third best WR in this draft behind Green and Floyd. As talented as he is, the kid is still very raw as a WR and I need to see him streamline his technique because he isn't going to beat people with pure athleticism once he gets to the NFL. Right now, he's getting by purely on physical attributes, and I think he needs to clean up his route running and show me consistent ability to use proper hand movement to disengage before Im ready to put him above Green or Floyd.

If we are talking pro comparisons, I think hes more Plaxico Burress then Vincent Jackson. And he's defintely not Calvin Johnson.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyz View Post
                        Think about it 2008 no WR in the 1ST, 2011 maybe 4 in the 1ST.
                        Not to mention players such as DeAndre Brown (USM), Devier Posey (tOSU), and Ryan Broyles (OU).
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

He's probably my 2nd favorite WR prospect in this draft (2nd FAVORITE not Best, though i do think he is the 2nd best but not to the same guy. My favorite guy is DeAndre Brown, who has a very similar skillset to Vincent Jackson.

But i think that Baldwin has the measurables of a Vincent Jackson, and the playing style of Calvin Johnson like someone else said. I think he's going to be a very good player, and should be a top 10 to 15 pick.

Comment

your link for AJ green is wrong.

Comment

None of the top prospects have even sniffed the numbers Baldwin put up at Pitt last season.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information