Prospect of the Day: OG Rodney Hudson, Florida State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect of the Day: OG Rodney Hudson, Florida State

To see previously discussed prospects, click here.

OG Rodney Hudson, Florida State
    6'2 - 282 lbs. - Senior

Highlights!

Stud. Stud. Stud.

Only knock on him is his size, but I think he could go close to 300 and still be great. I usually hate small O-linemen, give me the big ones like Iupati and Jerry, but this guy is an exception. I really, really like this guy. As far as I can tell, he can do it all. He's an excellent run blocker, great pass-blocker, latches on to defenders really well. From what I've seen, he's great at blocking on the run, great at pulling. Virtually great at everything, lol. But again, his size is a weakness.

And sorry for posting this so late, but I was kinda busy today.
    Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn; 08-06-2010, 09:41 PM.

Props to clover_jeez!

I love OL and he seems like a keeper.

Comment

Love Rodney Hudson as a prospect. I agree the only real knock on him is his size but he could probably play at a stout 300. Hudson plays the game the way it's meant to be played: aggressive with great technique. He has the ability to play guard or center at a high level in any system, but his clear best fit would be in a zone blocking scheme. 2nd round pick. I like him almost as much as I liked Ben Grubbs coming out of college.

Comment

Tiny hands and feet. 5th rounder IMO, but will be a huge steal.

Comment

I think he'll player Center in the pro's as thats where his size projects better. He probably won't get drafted that high since he's a little small, but he can play multiple positions, dominates at the college level and has tons of experience. He'll be a great player in the pros.

Comment

The Pats need an interior line... asap!
            Get him in New England.
            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

I think he'd still even be on the small side for a pro-center. Teams who face a lot of 3-4 defenses will want to avoid him. (AFC East and North for example.)

A ZBS team might have better use for him though.

Comment

I think he could have a similar impact to what LeCharles Bentley had prior to his injury.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Not sure i understand the hype. Was he a 5 star prospect or something, highly rated coming into college?

Comment

Originally posted by bce View Post
                    Not sure i understand the hype. Was he a 5 star prospect or something, highly rated coming into college?
                    What hype?

Comment

Not sure if its even worth addressing, but the "hype" is from being a two time All ACC player and starting since he was a freshman. And being very good at the game of football.

Comment

Size can be incredibly overrated in guards. Eric Steinbach plays around 6'6" 275 and he is a very good guard.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                        <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                        <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                        <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
                          Not sure if its even worth addressing, but the "hype" is from being a two time All ACC player and starting since he was a freshman. And being very good at the game of football.
                          Yeah it probably isn't. But in the words of an actor portraying James "Boobie" Miles, "Hype is something that's not for real. I'm all real."

I don't hear a lot of hype about Rodney Hudson, the attention he gets is deserved. If he falls to the third round than some team is getting a steal, Hudson's a legit football player.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
                            Size can be incredibly overrated in guards. Eric Steinbach plays around 6'6" 275 and he is a very good guard.
                            275? child please

Lots of guys are all conference players, doesnt mean they are nfl superstars, i just cant see using a high draft pick on an undersize guard. Im not saying hes not a propsect, but the idea that this guy warrants a high pickrd1 or 2 escapes me.

Comment

I have a very hard time believing that he is 282lbs. from watching him on film and seeing pictures of him. I bet he is playing right now between 290-300lbs. Thes elisted weights are sometimes 3 years old and I bet Hudson had the same listed weight as a True Freshman.

I will wait till the Senior Bowl/Combine to worry about weight.

I think he will play C in the pros and I like the LeCharles Bentley comparison similar sizes and physical dominance.

How does he compare to Mike Pouncey?

After watching both of them I will tell you who looks better, Hudson.

If he shows up at the combine at 6'2" 300lbs. I bet he is a 1st round center.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information