Prospect of the Day: RB Mark Ingram, Alabama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect of the Day: RB Mark Ingram, Alabama

To see previously discussed prospects, click here.

RB Mark Ingram, Alabama
    5'10 - 215 lbs. - Junior

Highlights!

The reigning Heisman winner. He reminds me of another great RB, (cue ScottyB jizzing in pants) Ray Rice. Whenever I see Ingram play, I immediately think of Rice.

Ingram doesn't have elite speed, but he's got an uncanny ability to shed off defenders and get yards after contact. Very hard to bring down by one guy, and he knows how to position himself to receive hits, making it even more difficult to tackle him.

Ingram will very likely be a top 10 pick come draft time, IMO.

Props to clover_jeez!

I'm a huge Ingram fan, would love him on the Pats. Isn't a freak of nature when it comes to size and speed, but he is incredibly strong and rarely gets caught on the field. I really like that Ray Rice comparison.

Comment

Stud...

Also, check out that decleater block Marquis Maze throws for Ingram at 1:31 in the first video...

Like I said, he surprises opponents with his blocking... and he's a flat out burner...

Comment

Ray Rice and Emmit Smith get tossed around alot with ingram which is fine, they are legit comparisons.....but i dont think he goes top 10, i think hes a mid-late first rounder even if he repeats the heisman

i guess knowshon went 12th so ingram could definitely go higher than what im predicting, i just dont value most RBs in the top 15 unless they are ridiculous, adrian peterson, reggie bush, and jonathan stewart were the last few RBs i liked in the top 10.

also i think it will be tough for him to secure a high draft spot with all the WR, QB, DL and CB talent this year...all positions usually valued more than RB
        E]

Comment

More Emmitt Smith to me and he might slide as did Emmitt. Of course it's Bama he's playing for but he has a nice future ahead of him.

Comment

If this were 1990, he'd probably be a top ten pick.

Sadly, the bell-cow back isn't valued as highly as it used to be. His running style and build is very, very Emmitt-like, though.

Comment

I don't see him as a top 10 pick.... I think he'll be over-analyzed this year, lose some carries to Richardson, and he won't show anything exception in the pre-draft process.

I do think he can be a very solid pro back, and a late first rounder.

Comment

Looks like a 2nd rounder to me.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Healthy Frank Gore, thats what ill always think of him, which isnt bad. About the same build too
                  The new and MUCH improved Green Bay Scat

I Bleed Black and Gold

Comment

trent richardson will get drafted higher in the 2012 or 2013 purely because of his big play ability... richardson reminds me of dickerson while ingram reminds me of emmitt. these days more teams would rather have a dickerson than an emmitt

Comment

Originally posted by cajuncorey View Post
                      trent richardson will get drafted higher in the 2012 or 2013 purely because of his big play ability... richardson reminds me of dickerson while ingram reminds me of emmitt. these days more teams would rather have a dickerson than an emmitt
                      Their builds are completely different (Dickerson's much taller), but he's got a similar upright running style. He gets low before contact, but it's at his waist instead of his hips. And he's got a good center of gravity to absorb contact and stay balanced.

He's intriguing. If he gets a liddle more flexibility in his hips, and continues to add weight I could see him being similar to Jamal Anderson. That dude was primed to have an awesome career before the Falcons ran him into the ground their SB year.
                      Last edited by yourfavestoner; 08-10-2010, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        If this were 1990, he'd probably be a top ten pick.

Sadly, the bell-cow back isn't valued as highly as it used to be. His running style and build is very, very Emmitt-like, though.
                        Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        I don't see him as a top 10 pick.... I think he'll be over-analyzed this year, lose some carries to Richardson, and he won't show anything exception in the pre-draft process.

I do think he can be a very solid pro back, and a late first rounder.
                        I agree 100% with both of you, I like Ingram quite a bit, but I don't see him being a top ten pick for several reasons, which you two named. I think he'll be a great player though and will make some playoff or near playoff team very happy.

sig by BK and avy by me
                        Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                        If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                          that's because mcdaniels and xanders are ******* morons.
                          Consider it karma for the 10+ of Shanny finding 1000 yard backs by flipping rocks in his backyard.

I wouldn't give up on him yet though...the injuries suck, but hopefully he'll give you something when healthy.

Comment

I think Ingram edges Ryan Williams to be the 1st RB off the board, and goes somewhere between picks 12 and 25.
                            I think Ingram is the kind of RB some team will trade up to grab, he just looks like a 1400 yard a year RB to me, almost guaranteed production.

Comment

He kind of reminds me of Shonn Greene. I know Ingram will get picked higher, but similar builds and maybe speed.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information