Prospect of the Day: TE Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
    If he runs a reported 4.6 then i think he'll surprise people as to when he comes off the board. Comparisons probably would be Jason Witten, Heath Miller and Todd Heap but may have more deep threat ability than any of those guys. He's almost athletically in the Russ Francis mold.
    his reported speed is 4.5 though and I could actually see him running like a 4.57

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
    - Corner or Wideout in the first
    - No reaching
    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

He's definitely a guy who looks sub 4.6 on the field. Very fast, but from what I've seen he's not overly physical with the ball in his hands (thus removing Heath Miller-Jason Witten comparisons from my mind.) He's very fluid though with a lot of explosiveness for his size. At this point, he's a potential first round pick. Wicket brings an interesting point about him needing to improve locating the ball; this could be perhaps the main reason why his production in the redzone has been so underwhelming for such a big, athletic TE. The theory is: more looks + another year of practice and being critiqued on film = An improved Rudolph in 10'.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
      - For daily NFL draft coverage:
      www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
        his reported speed is 4.5 though and I could actually see him running like a 4.57
        Was that post highschool time because he's put on about 30 lbs since then.

Comment

This deserves all caps.

KYLE RUDOLPH IS THE BEST TE IN THE DRAFT!
          BETTER THAN JERMAINE GRESHAM, FO SHO!
          BETTER HANDS!
          BETTER BLOCKING!
          HE'S UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
          GO RAVENS

Comment

dude is an athletic feak who will see a big increase in production this season for sure. But I have to say, worries about production are legit, the thing that worries me is that he doesnt seem to be all that great in locating the ball in the air, making him less lethal on stuff like fade routes than he should be
            I cant believe i'm saying this but i think you're underestimating a Notre Dame player (Rudolph). I thought Clausen looked to his Wrs, Floyd and Tate a lot more and sort of neglected the TE, cant say i blame him but that is how it looked to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
              I cant believe i'm saying this but i think you're underestimating a Notre Dame player (Rudolph). I thought Clausen looked to his Wrs, Floyd and Tate a lot more and sort of neglected the TE, cant say i blame him but that is how it looked to me.
              to a certain extend i agree with this but the ball locating thing is an issue imo

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
              - Corner or Wideout in the first
              - No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

to a certain extend i agree with this but the ball locating thing is an issue imo
                He didnt have any trouble locating the ball against the UW but then again..........

Comment

He is an excellent talent. Well-rounded Tight End. Reminds me a lot of Jason Witten. Big, good speed for a Tight End, crisp route runner, excellent awareness and knows how to find the open zone and sit in it, and a very good blocker. He isn't on the level Witten is as a blocker (the Cowboys pull him and use him as a FB and takes on Nose Tackles and Nose Guards, I've seen it multiple times), but he is still a great blocker for his age.

Comment

I don't think he's going to be in the 2011 NFL Draft. Players rarely leave Notre Dame early. With that said, he is a first round talent. Excellent size, good blocker, nice potential as a receiver, and good speed for his size. I think he goes in the top 16 in the 2012 NFL draft.

Comment

Originally posted by wordofi View Post
                      I don't think he's going to be in the 2011 NFL Draft. Players rarely leave Notre Dame early. With that said, he is a first round talent. Excellent size, good blocker, nice potential as a receiver, and good speed for his size. I think he goes in the top 16 in the 2012 NFL draft.
                      Clausen left early and i expect Floyd will this year also. I think the Irish have been lacking in top talent of late so not sure i would say they tend to stay there more than other schools. I would be very surprised if Rudolph isnt in this upcoming draft.

Comment

Rudolph reminds me of Gresham more than any of these white dudes being thrown out. It's not a perfect comparison, but he's way more Gresham than Witten.
                        Originally posted by SNIPER26
                        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                          Rudolph reminds me of Gresham more than any of these white dudes being thrown out. It's not a perfect comparison, but he's way more Gresham than Witten.
                          Gresham isnt much of a blocker from what i've seen so the comparisons to the others makes more sense to me.

Comment

Gresham is actually a pretty good blocker (at least in my opinion) it's just that Oklahoma used him as a slot receiver the majority of the time. On the rare occasion that he was asked to stay back and block, I thought he did pretty well.

Comment

Gresham is an awful comparison for Rudolph. Gresham was a much more fluid athlete and his ability to separate and extend towards the ball was lightyears ahead of where Rudolph is now. Rudolph does run great routes and Im interested to see where his athleticism ultimately tests out, but he isn't in the same league as Gresham as far as fluidity in the open field is concerned.

I think the Todd Heap comparison is good for Rudolph.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                                Gresham is actually a pretty good blocker (at least in my opinion) it's just that Oklahoma used him as a slot receiver the majority of the time. On the rare occasion that he was asked to stay back and block, I thought he did pretty well.
                                Why the hell would you ask Jermaine Gresham to block? I'm not discounting what you're saying, but if you have Jermaine Gresham, having him block instead of running routes is borderline ********.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information