Prospect of the Day: C Kris O'Dowd, USC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
    I'd say he's above Mack, less than Pouncey (who's one of the best athletes at the posistion, if not the best), and on the same level of Mangold. His main concern is staying healthy, and he could be better than all of them.

Grain of Salt homer post, but that's how I feel. If he wasn't injured so often he would've been a 1st round pick already.
    Okay, this confused me a bit, lemme try and rearrange this:

Mack < O'Dowd = Mangold < Pouncey

That right?

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

He's not quite Alex Mack, but he reminds me of Matt Tennant...Tennant should have went earlier than the 5th. Good player with prototype size.

Comment

I'd say he's above Mack, less than Pouncey (who's one of the best athletes at the posistion, if not the best), and on the same level of Mangold. His main concern is staying healthy, and he could be better than all of them.

Grain of Salt homer post, but that's how I feel. If he wasn't injured so often he would've been a 1st round pick already.
        So Pouncey, a rookie who has never played in a real NFL game yet, is already better than the highest paid player at his position who's been to pro bowls? Kind of insane, no?

If you mean that Pouncey has immense potential and could be better than Mangold in a few years, I might be able to better see where you're coming from, but still....

Comment

i think hes more talking as a prospect in which case i would have mangold 1a and pouncey 1b followed by mack, odowd, wood, kalil, unger (just in the last few years)

edit: a piece of homerism from me, even though i was really high on pouncey before he was a steeler...i was infatuated with mangold though
          E]

Comment

Rating C from the past several years, my rankins are

1. Mangold
            2. Mack
            3. Pouncey
            4. Kalil
            5. Unger

If I had to put O'Dowd in there, he would be at #3, before Pouncey and after Mack.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

He's not as good as Kalil was by a long shot. I like Kris a lot though.

Comment

He's at the very top of my draft wishlist for the Raiders this season.

Comment

tricky spam
                  E]

Comment

@Mr.Gooshman & Beer

I'm rating them as prospects coming into the league. I said Pouncey is one of the most athletic centers inthe league (can you name me a center more "athletic" than him?).

Sawie for da konfusion.

Comment

@Mr.Gooshman & Beer

I'm rating them as prospects coming into the league. I said Pouncey is one of the most athletic centers inthe league (can you name me a center more "athletic" than him?).

Sawie for da konfusion.
                      Yeah, I know, I simply didn't process the order correctly, so I had to simplify it, lol.

Glad you really like Pouncey :)

And yeah, he's probably in contention for top-athlete at the position (note: just athlete, not best...yet.)

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

As an 'SC fan, I can definitely say he's better than Kalil. He might not have a better body of work due to injuries, but when he's healthy he's one of the best run blockers of the Pete Carroll era.

I've personally watched him on live TV punk Marvin Austin in the High School All American game (when both were HS Seniors) and then a sophomore Ndamokung Suh against Nebraska when he was a freshman in '06.

He's not the most athletic, but he has elite strength and power to drive back DL's. If he can get over the injuries, he'll be a Pro Bowler for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jericho@SC View Post
                          As an 'SC fan, I can definitely say he's better than Kalil. He might not have a better body of work due to injuries, but when he's healthy he's one of the best run blockers of the Pete Carroll era.

I've personally watched him on live TV punk Marvin Austin in the High School All American game (when both were HS Seniors) and then a sophomore Ndamokung Suh against Nebraska when he was a freshman in '06.

He's not the most athletic, but he has elite strength and power to drive back DL's. If he can get over the injuries, he'll be a Pro Bowler for sure.
                          Yeah, he's a stud, and I agree that he's a better prospect than Kalil was coming out.

Comment

kalil was look at as strictly a zone blocking guy, a guy that would have killed it in denver...he turned out to be better than that clearly.

i think odowd looks like a center that the teams in the AFC north and NFC east are gonna be looking at pretty hard, a guy that can handle the guys like haynesworth, rat, ngata, cody, rogers, hampton..ect
                            E]

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information