Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best OLB prospect for 2010 season (2011 draft)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best OLB prospect for 2010 season (2011 draft)

I'm not starting this thread for some of the more popular seniors like Bruce Carter or Von Miller or Mark Herzlich and I'm not talking about an underclassmen (Akeem Ayers or Travis Lewis) but rather a name that I very rarely ever see and a guy I currently have a man crush on and feel could work his way up to the first round with another All-American caliber season.

I'm talking about UCONN's Lawrence Wilson. Wilson is one the most experienced backers in all the country and last season he was able to tally 140 tackles, five sacks, and 11 tackles for a loss on his way to earning 1st team All-Big East honors. I would consider him reliable in coverage and he is one of the more physically gifted at his position. He's constantly around the football and brings the type of tenacity that every defense looks for.

If people wanna check him out at his best from last year I would say take a look at the Notre Dame or Syracuse, but I know that one will be more difficult to find. UCONN is my pre-season choice to win the Big East and Wilson will be the heart and soul of the defense and might be the most important player in them reaching that achievement.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Sideline to sideline range and a great blitzer. But is he limited to a 4-3 weakside linebacker? I haven't seen much of him being able to shed blockers, but he can start in the NFL.
    Herbstreit just gave Scott Lutrus (Huskies captain) the Herbie for 'nose for the ball,' so I can see Connecticut making a lot of noise in the Big East. He can also be a very good middle linebacker in the NFL.

Comment

I think he's strictly a weakside backer in a 4-3 but I also assumed Donald Butler wasn't going to be taken in a 3-4 and the Chargers took him. If a player is talented enough I think any team will take a chance on ability and hope to find a place for them to contribute.

Comment

Bruce Miller from Central Florida looks like a beast in the making, just a name to keep an eye on.
        Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
        Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Originally posted by hockey619 View Post
          Bruce Miller from Central Florida looks like a beast in the making, just a name to keep an eye on.
          I love Bruce Miller too...I'm thinking Elvis Dumervil type potential for that kid

Comment

Steve Beauharnais from Rutgers is another true sophmore to look out for. You'll be hearing his name a lot this year and Scotty and I will be repping him as much as Savage and Sanu.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Nice to see some Lawrence Wilson supporters, i think he could play in the middle, though. But yes, he's best suited to play WLB.

Twitter @mario_clp

Comment

I have Lawrence Wilson up there pretty high, easily top three in terms of senior outside linebackers. A lot more people will like him after this year I believe since UCONN is getting better and better as a team and they are gaining more attention and TV air time.

Wilson is quite good though, and his teammate Lutrus is not half bad either.

It will be interesting to see what these senior and junior linebackers do this season because a lot of them have underachieved so far in their career.

Comment

I think eventually you'll see soph Craig Roh of Michigan at the top of that 3-4 olb discussion.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information