Week 1 Observations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1 Observations

I figured it would be a good idea to have a thread to simply discuss observations and thoughts from week 1.

I'll start...

-Michael Pouncey is showing he's best suited to play guard, and he's not quite the prospect his brother Maurkice was.

-Janoris Jenkins (CB, Florida) has looked solid today.

Evan Royster (11-40) looked slow and was the least impressive of Penn State's three RBs who got carries against D-1AA Youngstown State.

Comment

Blaine Gabbert has a cannon; Illinois was able to get some decent pressure with a 3 man rush, and he was able to make some great throws on the run, and with d-linemen in his face. And he moves really well too for a guy with his size (6-5, 240). Definitely could put himself in first round discussion.

Dayne Crist from ND looks decent, for the most part easy throws, but he's thrown a couple fastballs through defenders so far.

Comment

michael floyd might be as good of a blocker as julio jones.

mike pouncey is half the man maurkice is
        E]

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
          michael floyd might be as good of a blocker as julio jones.

mike pouncey is half the man maurkice is
          Since you're watching ND, watch how slow Michael Floyd gets off the ball and how he struggles against press coverage. He has been blocking good though.

Comment

hes non stop looking for someone to block and once he gets a hand on them its over.

not doing much in the passing game though, had one nice catch
            E]

Comment

Originally posted by underscore View Post
              Evan Royster (11-40) looked slow and was the least impressive of Penn State's three RBs who got carries against D-1AA Youngstown State.
              I've never been a big Evan Royster fan, atleast not as a pro prospect. He is a pro prospect, and will be a pro...just not nearly the type of prospect many make him out to be. At the end of the day, he's just another Penn State running back.

Comment

thats exactly what i called him earlier to my friends....all penn state grads
                E]

Comment

thats exactly what i called him earlier to my friends....all penn state grads
                  Solid college RB, 3rd teamer in the NFL.

Comment

Armando Allen looks solid as a runner and a punt returner.

Comment

Florida is in for a rough season this year. John Brantley is not Tebow. The Gators have issues on that Oline, Miami(Ohio) d-line stalemated them for much of the game. WHy can't the Gators run the football???
                      As of now, I don't expect Royster to make an NFL team.
                      And I'm getting a warm and sticky feeling about Marve, he's got a whip for an arm and just sticks throws.

Comment

floyd is a man among boys with everything he does

lol as i typed that he fumbled
                        E]

Comment

floyd is a man among boys with everything he does

lol as i typed that he fumbled
                          You seriously don't see an issue with how he moves? Sure, he can jump and catch, but if you can't get off the ball in the NFL you're limited to being a #4 possession receiver.

Comment

Mark Herzlich looked pretty good and he might get back to where he was by the middle of the season.

Michael Floyd and Kyle Rudolph would make me not want to run the football.

Of the young guns getting their feet wet (passing QBs) i would rank them 1. Dayne Crist 2. Garrett Gilbert 3. John Brantley

Florida's offensive line is terrible

Michigan and Notre Dame's defense look much better thanks to young guys like Manti Teo and Craig Roh

Comment

hes not the most explosive player, certainly the least explosive out of the 4 WRs but hes got some speed to him when hes in full stride and can work on beating the jam.

guys like colston, rice, crabtree, ward, and numerous #1 WRs are not explosive off the ball at all and arent #4 WRs...thats a unfair assessment, its not like he looks like a ****** running around out there

his hips are slow on shorter routes, but he shows great ability to get open and like you said his ability to jump and catch arent questioned
                              E]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information