Allen Bailey: 3-4 OLB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Bailey: 3-4 OLB?

It seems as if his athleticism, even though he is bigger than the "prototype" might make him a monster edge rusher in a 3-4?

I am mostly looking for legit arguments why he couldn't be.

Short answer: No.

He's a great athlete, but just not "that kind of athlete". He lacks speed and coverage skills imo. Could he be? Maybe, but it won't be a natural fit. His best fit is as a 5-tech in a 3-4 similar to what Dallas, GB or San Diego runs imo.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
    I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Excellent 3-4 DE. He is one of the more versatile defensive prospects in this class. Maybe the most versatile. I could see him at DE, DT, or 3-4 DE. It's probably not a huge stretch to ask if he could play OLB, but I think he's as close to being a 3-4 ILB as he is a 3-4 OLB. One of the best 3-4 ILB's I've ever seen was former Steeler Levon Kirkland who was a stout 6-1, 270ish. He was basically the same build as Bailey, just a little shorter.

Comment

Would be hard, he'd be primarily pass rushing on 99% of plays, which would more or less make it a 4 man front anyway, so you might as well play 4-3, haha.

I really really like him, and I hope he drops to 32 to the Saints.
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

I think he could play the odd snap there but I definitely wouldnt draft him to play OLB. He has the versatility that would be amazing in a zone blitz team. He could play DE/DT drop into coverage a little, a bit like Haloti Ngata does at times, and stand up and rush like the Patriots used to do when they played with no down linemen at times.

However overall his best fit will be in attacking 30 front where he is asked to be a one gap penetrator

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Razor He's a great athlete, but just not "that kind of athlete". He lacks speed and coverage skills imo. Could he be? Maybe, but it won't be a natural fit. His best fit is as a 5-tech in a 3-4 similar to what Dallas, GB or San Diego runs imo.
            Completely agree, he is just simply not that fast in the open field. Everyone says he is this all world athlete, well fact he is he not that dang fast. Sadly there are times in games where he just simply does nothing and cannot get off his block, hopefully he has a good year but clearly he is a workout warrior that has yet to show that athletic potential on the field in the game.

Comment

This thread is why I think he's this draft's Vernon Gholston.

Comment

He came into Miami as a linebacker so the possibility is always there. IMO, his bets fit will be at DE in the 34 or either LE or UT in the 4-3.

I really hope Rex Ryan falls in love with his versatility. I want him to be a jet so bad.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                  This thread is why I think he's this draft's Vernon Gholston.
                  Main reason why he will not be another Gholston is because he does not give up on plays, and has a good work ethic. In terms of 34 OLB I think he has enough athleticism to do so, but is a much better pass rusher from the line IMO. I could definitely see the Jets drafting him, and moving him around at times from DE to OLB.

Comment

From what I've seen of him I haven't really seen much explosiveness out of him. That will be an issue in the league. Am I off base or is anyone else seeing what I am?

Comment

When he shows a first step, I'll care about him again.

Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
                      From what I've seen of him I haven't really seen much explosiveness out of him. That will be an issue in the league. Am I off base or is anyone else seeing what I am?
                      You're dead-on. He gets away with it in college because he's strong. He can't do that in the pros though. He desperately needs to get out of his stance and into attack mode a lot faster.
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                        He came into Miami as a linebacker so the possibility is always there. IMO, his bets fit will be at DE in the 34 or either LE or UT in the 4-3.

I really hope Rex Ryan falls in love with his versatility. I want him to be a jet so bad.
                        I hope for this too
                        Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

I'd love to see him in a 4-3. He's a great prospect for either system, and IMO does have the versatility to play be moved around the front 7 in a 3-4(not as a full time OLB though), but I think he can be like Justin Tuck in a 4-3. Have him play LE most of the time and move him inside for passing situations. Can be a definite beast.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

no hes too stiff imo, MAYBE he could pull off a woodley like conversion but i like him as a LDE in a 34....hes built like a gigantic LB, but hes not one in the pros imo
                            E]

Comment

I've never understood the hype with Bailey.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information