Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacory Harris, QB, Miami (FL)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jacory Harris, QB, Miami (FL)

    What do you guys think his potential is. I doubt (4 some reason) he declares for the draft this year. But say he does. To me, cause I'm biased, he can be a 2nd/3rd rounder if all goes well like expected this year for the 'Canes.
    Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

    Sig by, Hitman D

  • #2
    I don't think he can be a franchise quarterback.

    Comment


    • #3
      Not........

      Comment


      • #4
        "In a July 31, 2009, interview with Dan Le Batard, Jacory told the world that he will pick up his Heisman trophy wearing a pink suit and with a "pimp cup" in hand. He also earned himself a new nickname in this interview: Afro Butterfly."

        EDIT: (Source - http://www.sbnation.com/2009/7/31/16...beautiful-afro)

        And obviously, I can't say this particular thing unilaterally disqualifies him from being a franchise QB. Hopefully no one who disagrees will go that route. But the vibe I get from Jacory is that of a kid who's living in the now, on his natural talent, and doesn't necessarily have the hunger or the disposition to succeed on the professional level. It's a lot of fun to be the QB of the Miami Hurricanes football team. It's a lot more work to be an NFL QB, much less the franchise QB, which, let's be honest, is what someone who's talking about spending a 2nd-rounder on him is thinking. And I just compared the QB position to the wideout position in another thread, but I'll do it again: if Chad Johnson was the starting quarterback of the Bengals, do any of you really think he'd have a show on VH1 about a house full of single women? Does anyone really think he'd be able to get away with that? Being an NFL quarterback simply requires a lot *in addition* to natural talent. I don't know if Jacory has that.
        Last edited by Caulibflower; 09-06-2010, 11:58 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          I could see a team falling in love with him, all depends how he progresses this season.

          He's got touch and I like the way he sees the field. No position requires more actual game time to develop than QB, if Jacory bolts after 2010, he'll only be hurting himself.
          Last edited by FUNBUNCHER; 09-07-2010, 01:43 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
            I could see a team falling in love with him, all depends how he progresses this season.

            He's got touch and I like the way he sees the field. No position requires actual game time to develop than QB, if Jacory bolts after 2010, he'll only be hurting himself.
            I agree with this. Especially the part I bolded
            Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

            Sig by, Hitman D

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't think he has an NFL arm or the throwing velocity to be a great pro QB, but unlike many of these other "athlete QB's" like Pat White, he actually has QB tools. I love his poise and reading of defenses. I'd spend a 3rd round flier on him no question. He's like a more athletic Colt McCoy. I just don't think he can throw that out route. Definitely needs to add weight on his frame though.

              Sig By:The Dynasty

              2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                I don't think he has an NFL arm or the throwing velocity to be a great pro QB, but unlike many of these other "athlete QB's" like Pat White, he actually has QB tools. I love his poise and reading of defenses. I'd spend a 3rd round flier on him no question. He's like a more athletic Colt McCoy. I just don't think he can throw that out route. Definitely needs to add weight on his frame though.
                That's who he reminds me of when he throws the football. His frame is slight like Colt (although Jacory is taller), and he's very accurate, but I just don't think he's got enough zip on his throws.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Calubflower View Post
                  And obviously, I can't say this particular thing unilaterally disqualifies him from being a franchise QB. Hopefully no one who disagrees will go that route. But the vibe I get from Jacory is that of a kid who's living in the now, on his natural talent, and doesn't necessarily have the hunger or the disposition to succeed on the professional level. It's a lot of fun to be the QB of the Miami Hurricanes football team. It's a lot more work to be an NFL QB, much less the franchise QB, which, let's be honest, is what someone who's talking about spending a 2nd-rounder on him is thinking. And I just compared the QB position to the wideout position in another thread, but I'll do it again: if Chad Johnson was the starting quarterback of the Bengals, do any of you really think he'd have a show on VH1 about a house full of single women? Does anyone really think he'd be able to get away with that? Being an NFL quarterback simply requires a lot *in addition* to natural talent. I don't know if Jacory has that.
                  There isn't a guy on the team that works harder than Jacory, especially from a mental stand point. He's a goofball off the field but when it comes to football he knows it's not a joke. I really don't see how the fact that he's a goofy person makes him not have the hunger to succeed at the highest level. Your impression of Jacory as a person is way off.

                  That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The ball velocity on his throws leaves a lot to be desired...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ballbright View Post
                      The ball velocity on his throws leaves a lot to be desired...
                      Yeah, that's the bggest knock on Harris. On the flip side, he throws the most "catchable" ball in all of college football. But to be a legitimate prospect, he really has to start putting some zip on his passes.

                      Sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Does his arm strength look any better this year?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Great college QB.

                          Fin

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            How is Jacory Harris an athlete QB? He's as much of a runner as Byron Leftwich.

                            That said he has good poise and accuracy, but his decision making is very questionable, his arm strength is average and he's very very skinny. Even the smaller QB's coming out are 220 and built well. He's really got to develop, coming out early shouldn't even be a topic. He's not even a "Great College QB" yet, his "breakout" year he led the nation in INT's.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Reminds me alot of Quincy Carter as a pro qb prospect.

                              Hitman D

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information