A.J. Green vs Julio Jones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.J. Green vs Julio Jones

Come draft time next year who will be the 1st WR taken & why?

Although Jones has the size over Green, I believe Green goes 1st. Green is has more speed & he's more athletic than Jones. Jones really has not been much of a threat, because 9/10 everyone knows a pass play is coming his way. Jones really is a disappointment to me, because he does not dominant a game like he should, he is not a game changer like Green.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
    The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
    Newton
    South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
    Barely literate +5 swagger
    Thief +15 swagger
    Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
    Big, average speed -3 swagger
    Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
    Total Swagger: 62
    ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

We discussed this in very big detail, try the "Is Julio Jones Fast?" Debate :)

But of course I pick Jones as a overall better player.

Comment

I don't get the Julio Jones is bigger argument.

They are almost identical in size. They are both 6'4" and between 200 and 210lbs.

I'll take AJ Green all day in this matchup and as the best receiver in the class

Comment

AJ Green will be taken first, Julio Fourth

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post

They are almost identical in size. They are both 6'4" and between 200 and 210lbs.

I'll take AJ Green all day in this matchup and as the best receiver in the class
          Julio is tougher and does look a bit more built.

Comment

Green is a lot more lanky build wise. Julio is a tank.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

There is no way in hell that Julio is only 210. He looks like he's at least 230 and could be teetering on 240 territory.

Comment

Thank you, to the above two posts. I didn't want to be blunt and get blasted. Julio is a TANK. Green is lanky.

Comment

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                  Thank you, to the above two posts. I didn't want to be blunt and get blasted. Julio is a TANK. Green is lanky.
                  Julio looks like he could line up at DE and be successful. His shoulders are roughly as wide as the state of Texas.

Green resembles Randy Moss in terms of body structure. Jones looks like a bigger Terrell Owens.

Comment

They could weigh the same, but the builds are very, very different.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

ive always been a jones fan, i think green goes first cause hes more polished but jones will be a stud
                      E]

Comment

How can anyone pick Jones over Green.

Julio has potential, but watching passively yesterday i saw him drop 2 or 3 easy balls.

If im looking for a potential #1 pass catcher, i want one that can, you know, catch.
                        Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                        Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Green is a little lanky, but it isn't like he's a stick. The guy has minor durability questions, but I don't think teams will be worried he's frail or anything. There are some lanky star WRs in the NFL, like Ochocinco and Moss.

Comment

I don't suppose anyone's got lifting numbers for these guys and official heights and weights... I'd be curious to how much of a difference there is... I'd be happy to +rep anyone who feels like doing the research

To me, it is unbelievably rare to find a receiver that brings the package that AJ Green gives you... he's got great hands, he's fast, and he's incredibly smooth as a receiver. Personally, I think he's got the ability to be a better, less beaten up version of Brandon Marshall. I can't wait until he gets back from his suspension, because Murray's a pretty good QB.

Comment

Jones is still the fourth best receiver in this class to me. He's done nothing this season to alleviate concerns about his concentration, route running, and ability to fulfill his potential.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information