Matt Barkley - #1 Overall 2012/2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Barkley - #1 Overall 2012/2013

I think Matt Barkley is going to be the #1 overall pick in one of those drafts. I really like him and he has shown that he can play at a very high level. He has everything you look for in a QB prospect, size, arm, mind and he is poised. I was watching the game against Virginia and loved the way he was side stepping the oncoming rush and firing strikes down field. IMHO, he is better than Andrew Luck, he reminds me of a young Troy Aikman. He will be the #1 pick in either of those drafts. That's just my opinion.

I like Andrew Luck more than Barkley if they decide to come out together. Barkley as a Junior and Luck as a RS Junior.
    Last edited by tjsunstein; 09-14-2010, 11:18 AM.

Comment

They are both Sophomores this year, Luck being a Redshirt.

Originally posted by SolidGold
      Bortlezzzzzzz
      Originally posted by Monomach
      Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

Andrew Luck has better tools and is a better player.

Barkley does look nice now, last year he seemed liek a product of USC hype, looks like he's progressing well though.
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

1.Luck

2.Barkley

3.Ryan Katz a dark horse if he keep progressing love his arm, and Oregon state has developed some good Qbs in recent years

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

I have a feeling Luck comes out not this season but next (though it could be this season if he has a great year and Harbaugh leaves), and that Barkley sticks around for all 4 years considering he can't go to a bowl until his senior year. I love Barkley as an NFL prospect, he's gonna be amazing by the time he leaves USC.

Comment

Dayne Crist will be #1 overall in 2013 ;)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
              - Corner or Wideout in the first
              - No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

I think the Luck will end up leaving this year. I think there will be too much talk and too much hype for him to stay. In the end he could very well push Locker for the number 1 spot this year IMO.

I think that if Luck and Barkley were to come out next year together I think Luck would have the edge, but not by much. I think Barkley could very well be number 1 if he came out his senior year.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

He'll be in the discussion, but I do prefer Luck as well.

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                    Dayne Crist will be #1 overall in 2013 ;)
                    Whoa Amber alert, or is that homer alert.

I think right now you could throw a blanket over Garrett Gilbert (Texas) Barkely (USC) and Crist (Notre Dame) but probably too early to annoint either of those 3 as the best.

Luck, Mallett and Locker (Sr.) will all be in this years draft i believe.

Comment

Leinart.....Cassell.....Sanchez.....

Forgive me if I'm a little wary of USC QBs. The next one could always be the different one, and maybe that's Barkley, but I'm a more than a little wary right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        Leinart.....Cassell.....Sanchez.....

Forgive me if I'm a little wary of USC QBs. The next one could always be the different one, and maybe that's Barkley, but I'm a more than a little wary right now.
                        Might as well throw in John David Booty because he was allworld out of highschool. Of course there is nothing wrong with Carson Palmer so it's hard to lump everyone from a certain school. Who did Georgia ever turn out at the QB position before Stafford came along?

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          Might as well throw in John David Booty because he was allworld out of highschool. Of course there is nothing wrong with Carson Palmer so it's hard to lump everyone from a certain school. Who did Georgia ever turn out at the QB position before Stafford came along?
                          Palmer was from the pre-Carroll era and while he generally hasn't been bad, he hasn't really been great either.

QBs brought in during the Carroll era QBs are currently 0-2 in the pros, with Cassel all but there and Sanchez not headed in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            Palmer was from the pre-Carroll era and while he generally hasn't been bad, he hasn't really been great either.

QBs brought in during the Carroll era QBs are currently 0-2 in the pros, with Cassel all but there and Sanchez not headed in the right direction.
                            I believe Palmer had 2 years under Carroll and Sarkisian.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              I believe Palmer had 2 years under Carroll and Sarkisian.
                              He wasn't recruited by Carroll and he had Chow as his OC, for his senior year alone I believe.

Even if we count Palmer, it's still looking like 1 out of 5 might be an average starting NFL QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information