Who is the #1 OT in the Draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the #1 OT in the Draft?

This OT class seems to be wide open, without a dominant can't miss prospect who is the top prospect?

Who are the 1st round OTs in this draft?

1. Anthony Costanzo, does he have the size? Is he an average RT like most Boston College OLmen?

2. Joseph Barksdale, so many people have him ranked lower?

3. Derek Sherrod, no one knows who he is? Is he a RT or an OG?

4. DeMarcus Love, serious questions about his footwork?

5. Gabe Carimi, some people have him ranked as a top 10 pick, some as a 3rd?

Castonzo is most definitely a LT, as is Sherrod. Castonzo is #1 for me right now, he needs to bulk up a little more but he has the frame and all the tools to be a franchise LT. Probably the most complete gifted BC OL we have seen in a while, not just a road grader like many of them.

Comment

Costanzo is #1 for me currently but Sherrod is closing in pretty quickly

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Barksdale doesn't belong on that list. He is a mid-to-late rounder.
        Scott Wright, President
        Draft Countdown.com
        www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
        www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

The guy that has got my attention is Matt Reynolds of BYU, he's a big guy at around 6-6 and 330, plays on the left side and looks much improved over last year. Who knows how old he is? , that could be a factor. I've also been high on Clint Boling of Georgia for awhile.

If it's a guard, David DeCastro of Stanford to me is clearly the best out there.

Comment

Costanzo for sure and then there is a drop off after him. The guy I'd put at #2 is Tyron Smith from USC though I doubt he declares.

Comment

The guy that has got my attention is Matt Reynolds of BYU, he's a big guy at around 6-6 and 330, plays on the left side and looks much improved over last year. Who knows how old he is? , that could be a factor. I've also been high on Clint Boling of Georgia for awhile.

If it's a guard, David DeCastro of Stanford to me is clearly the best out there.

C would be Kris Odowd of USC, Mike Brewster of OSU, Mike Pouncey(G), UF

Comment

I really like watching Sherrod play. He looks tough and physical. I think he might look better at right tackle, but I haven't seen enough to judge for sure.

Comment

1. Sherrod
                  2. Love
                  3. Costanzo

Comment

Originally posted by Werowance View Post
                    1. Sherrod
                    2. Love
                    3. Costanzo
                    Not sure on the order you have, but those look like the top 3 guys for now. No one has set themselves apart from the others.
                    This is a really, really weak OT class. We've been spoiled the past bunch of years with good groups, but this year is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                      Not sure on the order you have, but those look like the top 3 guys for now. No one has set themselves apart from the others.
                      This is a really, really weak OT class. We've been spoiled the past bunch of years with good groups, but this year is awful.
                      Well I think that Derrick Sherrod is clearly the #1 tackle, he is athletic, powerful, smooth in pass protection and physical in the run game. I think that Love is the #2 because he is more gifted than Costanzo, significantly more powerful than Costanzo, has much more versatility and he has much higher potential IMO. Costanzo IMO is a mechanical guy who can be bull rushed, he isn't powerful and he lacks upside, he is just an above average left tackle in the NFL at best IMO sort of like a taller and weaker Jordan Gross.

Comment

Castonzo, followed by Solder and Carimi.

Sherrod is climbing my board pretty quickly, though.

Comment

I think costanzo is the clear #1, even though i really really like loves potential
                          E]

Comment

What about Nate Potter?

Comment

Nate Solder is the most talented... but i think hes going to fall like bruce campbell

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information