Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mississippi St. OT Derek Sherrod a 1st Round Pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*bump*

So how high can Sherrod go?

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

I started a thread about a flaw in his scouting report, but the thread got deleted. If anyone would enlighten why that happened I'd be happy.

The flaw was regarding Sherrod's arm length: in the report it says that he doesn't have real long arms while in the Senior Bowl http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur...s/Weigh-In.php he's listed with 35 1/2 inch arms which is the longest in the entire Senior Bowl.

Comment

sure bet to sneak into the end of the first round. I have Carimi, Castonzo and Solder higher tho.
        my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Originally posted by bitonti View Post
          sure bet to sneak into the end of the first round. I have Carimi, Castonzo and Solder higher tho.
          I've got him tied for 2nd best tackle in the draft with Carimi. I think Solder's upside is through the roof, so someone will overdraft him.

Costanzo has some questions regarding his ability to block off the edge against speed rushers. That's not an elite pass protector in my opinion. So I think Sherrod surpasses him before the draft.

Carimi is just your prototypical tackle prospect. Blue chipper. I really don't understand how his draft stock has fallen. He might be a little inconsistent at times, but I'm willing to bet that can be corrected with proper coaching.
          "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

Comment

IMO Sherrod and Carimi are the two OTs that could step in and start for most teams on day 1. I like Carimi a little more but Sherrod seems like a very complete tackle. I think people get a little overboard with athleticism when it comes to OTs.

Comment

yea I'm liking Sherrod more and more and I'd take him over Smith and Solder right now. Carimi is my #1 and Sherrod might be my 2 right now. it's going to be a teams opinion/feeling on these OT's come draft time, since it seems the top 5 or so are a big cluster **** and the rankings are all over the place with them
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

In a really weak offensive tackle class, I think Derek Sherrod is the clear #1 left tackle. I think Gabe Carimi and Anthony Castonzo are better players but both are restricted to the right side. Nate Solder has the upside, but he isn't anywhere near reaching it in my opinion and I'm really not sure he ever will. I wouldn't draft him in the top 20. He should go to a team that can afford to give him a year or two to develop. Tyron Smith is intriguing to me, but he's never played left tackle and there has to be concerns regarding his weight. Derek Sherrod won't be the best lineman to come out of this draft, but I think he's the safest pick if you need immediate help on the left side.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                  In a really weak offensive tackle class, I think Derek Sherrod is the clear #1 left tackle. I think Gabe Carimi and Anthony Castonzo are better players but both are restricted to the right side. Nate Solder has the upside, but he isn't anywhere near reaching it in my opinion and I'm really not sure he ever will. I wouldn't draft him in the top 20. He should go to a team that can afford to give him a year or two to develop. Tyron Smith is intriguing to me, but he's never played left tackle and there has to be concerns regarding his weight. Derek Sherrod won't be the best lineman to come out of this draft, but I think he's the safest pick if you need immediate help on the left side.
                  I have been high on Sherrod from the get go, and agree with your assessment completely on the tackle situation as a whole. I have Sherrod as the 1st tackle off the board in my new mock and agree with him being the safest pick, despite not having the highest ceiling.
                  "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                    I really hope you, and Poz51, end up being right on the money about Sherrod.
                    I don't like the comparison above to Alex Barron. That's horrible!

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information