Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Fullbacks

hey guys...

what player should i watch, if i wanna see a real FB that dominates at the point of attack in run block?
    looking for maybe a lawrence vickers or tony richardson typ FB.

Originally posted by SloppyJoe View Post
    hey guys...

what player should i watch, if i wanna see a real FB that dominates at the point of attack in run block?
    looking for maybe a lawrence vickers or tony richardson typ FB.
    Brett Morse for Iowa. Morse has started since he was a RS Soph and is now a RS Senior. He was the starting FB for Shonn Greene's huge year. But I am biased.

Wisconsin always has huge FBs.

Edit: Except this year I guess they're not that big.
    Last edited by steelernation77; 09-28-2010, 04:10 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Stanfords Owen Marecic is exactly like that. He is a hard nosed blocker and exactly what you look for in a classic fullback. In the last Notre Dame game, ND started sending linebackers to cut block him and accept giving up a defender. He is a big reason Stanford runs the ball so well.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
        Stanfords Owen Marecic is exactly like that. He is a hard nosed blocker and exactly what you look for in a classic fullback. In the last Notre Dame game, ND started sending linebackers to cut block him and accept giving up a defender. He is a big reason Stanford runs the ball so well.
        and he shows some versatility ;)
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnzmNUcLG2M

i will look for both guys in future games.
        would like it if the bucs would add a true FB next year which can really help us in the run-game

Comment

Brett Morse will likely play in the NFL for awhile. I doubt he'll be drafted.

Comment

Pitt's Henry Hynoski, but he's a junior. He was one of the all-time leading rushers in Pennsylvania high school history, but has really settled in as a hard nosed throwback style FB.

Comment

FB Eric Stevens (RS) Sophomore from California gonna be a beast when he's a senior, maybe the 1st FB drafted in 2013

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                Marecic is the epitome of a FB, probably back to a time when they were really relevant in football. The guy will pound it, block, play special teams and can even fill in at linebacker. Make him a deep snapper at the next level and he can probably fill 3 roster spots.

Comment

Zach Boren is pretty beastly. Only a true sophomore. Best fullback OSU has had since Jamar Martin (and really the only true fullback since him).

Comment

What about Stanley Havili? He might play RB in the NFL but I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                      FB Eric Stevens (RS) Sophomore from California gonna be a beast when he's a senior, maybe the 1st FB drafted in 2013
                      He Craig Stevens's little bro?
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I'm totally bias but Anthony Sherman from UConn is pretty studly. Great blocker for two backs who racked up a ton of yardage in Donald Brown and Jordan Todman. He's also a great special teams player.
                        (shameless self-promotion)
                        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                          He Craig Stevens's little bro?

Comment

Like others have said Owen Marecic from Stanford is the freaking man, one of the best full back prospects I have seen in quite some time, note he is the only two way starter in Division 1 football!

Other guys that have not been mentioned yet are Devon Ramsey of UNC but he is a junior, still might come out. Preston Dial of Alabama is solid and so is Patrick DiMarco of South Carolina.

Stanley Havili of USC and Charles Clay of Tulsa are more the pass catching type of full backs, but still very rarely are there this many solid fullbacks in one draft. Heck these two type prospects have not come along in forever, name me the last pass catching full back out of college. One of these two could become the next Larry Centers.

Heath Evans, Brock Bolen or Jacob Hester maybe but they were all more versatile full backs that could run and catch a few passes but none were as productive as pass catches as Havili or Clay.

Still great group of full backs this year.

Comment

Isn't Preston Dial a tight end?

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-foo...preston00.html

According to Alabama's website, he is indeed a tight end.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information