Marcel Dareus
    Cameron Heyward
    Stephen Paea
    Cameron Jordan
    Allen Bailey
    Adrian Clayborn
    Robert Quinn

All 1st rd talent.

Which do you think will have the best NFL careers? Which will be Top 10 picks? Which are overrated?

Marcel Dareus - 3 A very solid guy 1-2 pro bowls 10 year career
    Cameron Heyward - 1 Seymour but better IMO.
    Stephen Paea - 7 rotational guy who could find a spont on a team as a starter
    Cameron Jordan - 5 a stud 5 tech he could be...
    Allen Bailey - 6 a stud who can play many places
    Adrian Clayborn - 2 a very good player that will have 4-7 pro bowls a few all pro years
    Robert Quinn - 4 most upside out of the group

a.ll very different though oi dunno my bottle of wine is wearing off
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Heyward = Seymour but better????

He doesnt have the size or strength that Seymour does. He doesnt seem as dominant either (do ppl forget how good Seymour was in his prime?).

I always thought Heyward was more of an Aaron Smith. Solid run defender, but not the big impact type of player Seymour was.

and why do you think Paea's a rotational guy? His tackling isnt the best right now (hes still learning football) but he's probably the most disruptive interior lineman of all these guys.

Just curious on your thoughts about this, not bashing you.

Comment

once im sober ill re work it lol
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Marcel Dareus (3)
          Cameron Heyward (2)
          Stephen Paea(7)
          Cameron Jordan(5)
          Allen Bailey(6)
          Adrian Clayborn(4)
          Robert Quinn (1)

Comment

1st Round

Robert Quinn - Explosive player, needs to live up to the hype when he gets back on the field.

Cameron Heyward - Probably the most improved player from his freshman year to now. In that time he went from Iron Heads son to just plain Cameron Heyward. He's a highly versatile defensive linemen who reminds me of Justin Tuck. Best fit is at 3-4 DE.

Adrian Clayborn - Probably the best 4-3 DE in the class. Great motor and player who does all the small things well. Has shown steady improvement and appears that he's yet to peak.

Allen Bailey - I think Bailey is slightly over-rated simply on the basis of his athletic ability. I think he's an excellent player and a highly versatile player. I just think people go a little far with this "amazing" athlete talk. Some problems with him I can see from a draft stock standpoint is while he's versatile and can move around, he's not really great at any one thing. Sort of a "jack of all trades," but master of none. I think as a DT he would get lost in the NFL, never to be heard from again. He's not a refined pass rusher, so 4-3 DE would take a lot of development. 3-4 DE is a projection, but might fit his skill set the best. Likely a first round pick, certainly not a lock IMO.

2nd Round

Marcel Dareus - the most over-rated of the group, plays like a DE but looks like a DT. His frame actually looks like he'll battle weight issues and could be the type to eat himself out of the league. Lacks a true position in the NFL. He is lacking in experience, and was a bit of a late bloomer at Alabama. I think if it weren't for a couple of splash plays in the National Championship nobody would be mentioning Marcel Dareus and the first round in the same sentence. Remember people, good college players don't always mean good NFL players.

Cameron Jordan - I rank Dareus a hair ahead of Jordan. Jordan is a much better fit for a 3-4, in fact he's a prototype. Because of this he very well may be drafted ahead of Dareus.

3rd Round

Stephen Paea - Size and versatility could be an issue with Paea. In some ways he reminds me of former Notre Dame DT Derek Landri. Paea is a better overall prospect and this class isn't nearly as strong as the 2007 class and should be drafted much higher than Landri who was a 5th round pick

Some other defensive linemen belong in this discussion ahead of some of the others. Jared Crick, Greg Romeus, Jurrell Casey, Nick Fairley, and Ryan Kerrigan, likely all get drafted ahead of Dareus, Jordan, and Paea.

Comment

I think you guys are very wrong on Stephen Paea. He's my second man crush for this draft and he's an absolute beast. By the time the combine rolls around, he's going to put up some very good numbers and I could easily see him in the first round to a team looking for a disruptive, penetrating 3 tech.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Adrian Clayborn > *

This man is the next Reggie White.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                  Adrian Clayborn > *

This man is the next Reggie White.
                  almost spit my coffee and choked on it at same time

..Watching actual games. He was the most Dominant DL and/or pass rusher I've seen. And I saw him in his later years with the Packers
                  Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

Adrian Clayborn and then Cameron Heyward and then everyone else.

Comment

1. Robert Quinn
                      2. Marcell Dareus
                      3. Cameron Heyward
                      4. Adrian Clayborn
                      5. Allen Bailey
                      6/7. Stephen Paea/Cameron Jordan

Comment

Marcel Dareus 5
                        Cameron Heyward 2
                        Stephen Paea 6
                        Cameron Jordan 7
                        Allen Bailey 4
                        Adrian Clayborn 1
                        Robert Quinn 3

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

i'm surprised Paea isn't getting any love, I think he has just as much potential as Allen Bailey and Dareus

Comment

Originally posted by HellonEarth84 View Post
                            i'm surprised Paea isn't getting any love, I think he has just as much potential as Allen Bailey and Dareus
                            Funnily enough they're the two most overrated guys in the early stages.

Comment

Originally posted by Day One Pick View Post
                              2nd Round

Marcel Dareus - the most over-rated of the group, plays like a DE but looks like a DT. His frame actually looks like he'll battle weight issues and could be the type to eat himself out of the league. Lacks a true position in the NFL. He is lacking in experience, and was a bit of a late bloomer at Alabama. I think if it weren't for a couple of splash plays in the National Championship nobody would be mentioning Marcel Dareus and the first round in the same sentence. Remember people, good college players don't always mean good NFL players.
                              Dareus routinely takes on double teams and still sheds them for a good amount of plays. I don't see how he's a 2nd rounder. He's played very good in variety of big stage games. He dominated at times against Florida and played well against Arkansas despite a bum ankle.

He's explosive and he makes plays. He is very good against SEC offensive lines week in and week out. That screams 1st rounder to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information