Matt Barkley vs Andrew Luck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Barkley vs Andrew Luck

I was wondering why Andrew Luck has gotten all this hype by the media and a lot of you on this website, but it seems to me that Matt Barkley is the superior talent. In my opinion, Barkley does everything better as except for running with the football. Barkely reminds me of young Troy Aikman and has the looks of a future franchise QB in the NFL. Matt Barkley is the perfect QB prospect and I think he is much more talented passer than Andrew Luck.

I know i'll be ripped for this post, but a lot of you are just jumping on the bandwagon in regards to Andrew Luck. You all are basically listening to what others are saying. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

One (Luck) is eligible for this draft while the other (Barkley) is not. That's why you're hearing Luck hype but none for Barkely on a Draft-based message board.

Comment

I'm a USC fan and Barkley needs A LOT of work. He tends to throw off his back foot. He often throws ducks. Has not yet learned the art of the touch pass.

He does have a good arm though. He was a superior TALENT coming out of high school but this coaching change can't be good for him.

Comment

This year Barkley is checking down way too quick and his accuracy on simple short passes has been extremely off. Not sure what it is. Still though you are right he has the tools to be a really good QB. The difference for me between Luck and Barkley is that Barkley just seems so mechnical. It greatly affects things for him when he doesn't have protection. Luck just seems more natural. Smoother in the pocket, calmer and better decision maker and ability to slide in the pocket. With that said Carson Palmer was an extremely robotic QB but he was great pre injuries.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Don't come in here and tell people that they're just listening to others and not forming their own opinions. I didn't know you were a mind reader.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Yeah, and don't come in here saying we all think a like! The generalization kills me.

The posters above have answered your questions. Barkley not being eligible for the draft being the most obvious one. ... and yes, Barkley hasn't taken the big step forward yet to show that he's "arrived". There's no doubt about his potential and his high floor, but there's still a lot to be desired.

Comment

Barkley has not been impressive one bit this season...Like the a poster above mentioned, Barkleys accuracy on short to intermediate routes has been attrocious this season..I have seen Barkley miss countless number of WIDE open receivers on 3 and 5 step drops..

I was as big of a Barkley fan as anyone when he first came to USC, but I have to admit that he has yet met expectations...With that being said, the kid is still very young...Hopefully he will take that giant leap forward next season

Comment

Considering how many people were ready to annoint Barkley the 1st pick of the 2012 draft after he threw his 1st pass as a freshman, I think this post is pretty funny.

Luck is eligible and right now, he's just better.

Comment

Originally posted by GloryDaysRBack View Post
                  Barkley has not been impressive one bit this season...Like the a poster above mentioned, Barkleys accuracy on short to intermediate routes has been attrocious this season..I have seen Barkley miss countless number of WIDE open receivers on 3 and 5 step drops..

I was as big of a Barkley fan as anyone when he first came to USC, but I have to admit that he has yet met expectations...With that being said, the kid is still very young...Hopefully he will take that giant leap forward next season
                  He's at 66% with 12 to 4 td to int ratio. I personally dont see much wrong with the kid at all. They seem to be searching for some indentity there whether they should be more a running or passing team but i'm still very high on Barkely. In the Washington game he may have missed a throw or two in their final drive but that's about it.

Andrew Luck at this point just seems the more mature player and he's draft eligible. I really dont see anyone right now challenging Matt Barkely for the top QB in next years draft.

Comment

66% is misleading. Over half his throws are simple check downs which he even misses. They hardly ever challenge down field. Any time your FB is your 2nd most targeted receiver I think you have an idea of the type of throws he's making.

Comment

What people are saying about Barkley sounds so familiar. He's a big time QB with NFL potential, so when he doesn't pass for 400 yards, 5 TDs and 0 ints every game as a true sophomore, people start nitpicking and looking for reasons to talk him down.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                        66% is misleading. Over half his throws are simple check downs which he even misses. They hardly ever challenge down field. Any time your FB is your 2nd most targeted receiver I think you have an idea of the type of throws he's making.
                        You seem to contradict the OP. Barkely is either accurate with his short game or he's not. I also wouldnt have a problem with getting the ball to Ronald Johnson and Stanley Havili, that sounds like a good plan to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                          What people are saying about Barkley sounds so familiar. He's a big time QB with NFL potential, so when he doesn't pass for 400 yards, 5 TDs and 0 ints every game as a true sophomore, people start nitpicking and looking for reasons to talk him down.
                          ...Or they are just waiting for him to show his potential in a meaningless way before saying anything that would suggest he's met or is certainly going to meet that potential.

No one is denying the kid is crazy talented, or proposing that his struggles in his sophomore year mean that he will never improve, but there's no reason to make excuses for the kid based on talent. When he shows the stuff, he'll warrant the talk.

Barkley hasn't been bad though, and I'll have to start taking a serious look at him next year. I have enough trouble trying to sort through the Luck/Locker/Mallett mess for this year's draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                            ...Or

Barkley hasn't been bad though, and I'll have to start taking a serious look at him next year. I have enough trouble trying to sort through the Luck/Locker/Mallett mess for this year's draft.
                            It's only a mess if Luck stays in school ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              You seem to contradict the OP. Barkely is either accurate with his short game or he's not. I also wouldnt have a problem with getting the ball to Ronald Johnson and Stanley Havili, that sounds like a good plan to me.
                              What I'm saying is 66% isn't as impressive when all of his throws are easy. If you are missing on an easy 5 yard out 1 of 3 times, that is not good at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information