Kenny Tate, S, Maryland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaxJag_1 View Post
    I played against Kenny in High School, and I played with Maryland CB Cameron Chism.

Tate played FS and WR in high school at DeMatha, so he has experience playing Safety before he got to Maryland. He was also an all-conference basketball player.

His potential is off the charts.
    Oh ok cool cool but yeah he still awesome whether he played in HS or not.
    Man i think if he Stayed At Wideout he would be like a very good Wideout too , the guy is just an unbelievable athlete.

Comment

I think he stays another year. He will Chad Jones type guy lots of upside, and wll be drafted mid rounds 3-4 range
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Kenny Tate or Robert Sands? Who ya got?

Comment

Maryland is conducting experiments on players.

From Campbell, to Merriman, to Gaither, to Davis, how do they keep producing such freaks?
          Last edited by Black Bolt; 11-22-2010, 01:02 PM.
          Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            For me Tate has a far superior understanding of the position and comfort in coverage. Both are freaks though.

Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
            From Campbell, to Merriman, to Gaither, to Davis, how do they keep producing such freaks?
            Obviously Merriman was on roids but I think the Maryland freak list is a combination of them recruiting athletes above talent and their insane strength and conditioning program. I mean Campbell and Gaither were already 6-8"ish 280+ when they were in high school. VD you could tell had the frame to get much bigger. Top to bottom one of the best Strength and Conditioning programs out there. Their former kicker a couple years ago Dan Ennis was 155 pounds and could bench 315. He was recruited though because of his athleticism as he was never a kicker in high school, he was an all state track performer and soccer player.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Kenny Tate for sure. I'm biased as a Maryland fan and as someone that knew Kenny Tate when he was 15, but Tate has the range in coverage that Sands doesn't.
              FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Comment

I just checked and was surprised to see how productive he's been this season.

88 tackles, 3 INT's, 8 TFL's, 3.5 sacks and 4 FF.

Comment

Is he related to Brandon Tate?

Comment

Is he related to Brandon Tate?
                    no they just have the same last name.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
                      Don't forget DHB aka Hands of Stone. 6'2 215lbs with sub 4.3 speed. And Dre Moore DT 6'4 305lbs runs sub 4.8.

Comment

. Maryland strength and conditioning program is like Olympic level its just nuts their strength and conditioning coach is obsessed with the players lifting weights ,and speed drills.
                        Last edited by REDSKINSWARRIOR82; 11-22-2010, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Not to say 6'1 205 4.5 isn't good, but there is nothing freaky about it. Vernon Davis, Shawne Merrimen, Gerrick McPhearson (sub 4.35), Dre Moore, Heyward-Bey, and Bruce Campbell all had much freakier triangle numbers.

He may wind up being a great player, but Maryland has gained a reputation for workout warriors, not necessarily great players.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                          - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                          www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                            Not to say 6'1 205 4.5 isn't good, but there is nothing freaky about it. Vernon Davis, Shawne Merrimen, Gerrick McPhearson (sub 4.35), Dre Moore, Heyward-Bey, and Bruce Campbell all had much freakier triangle numbers.

He may wind up being a great player, but Maryland has gained a reputation for workout warriors, not necessarily great players.
                            yeah i agree thats why i deleted it. but yeah i hope Tate stays for his senior season. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post

Kenny Tate is not 6'1 205. He's 6'4" 220 and he ran a 4.46 40 his Junior year of HS.
                              FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Comment

Originally posted by JaxJag_1 View Post
                                Kenny Tate is not 6'1 205. He's 6'4" 220 and he ran a 4.46 40 his Junior year of HS.
                                lol no he wasnt talking about Tate there, i put up another MD player who is 6'1 205 but then i edited my post and deleted his name and stuff. sorry for the mixup.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information