Kenny Tate, S, Maryland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REDSKINSWARRIOR82 View Post
    lol no he wasnt talking about Tate there, i put up another MD player who is 6'1 205 but then i edited my post and deleted his name and stuff. sorry for the mixup.
    My bad, I should have read the whole thread.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Comment

How is his leadership and off the field behavior? That's one of the things I really like about Sands. He's supposedly a great locker room guy and media guy. I haven't seen Tate play much, but it sounds like he is a little better in coverage, but Sands has been playing with a shoulder injury all year, so it's a tough call, not to mention he plays in a run happy conference.

Comment

Originally posted by mcowdery View Post
        How is his leadership and off the field behavior? That's one of the things I really like about Sands. He's supposedly a great locker room guy and media guy. I haven't seen Tate play much, but it sounds like he is a little better in coverage, but Sands has been playing with a shoulder injury all year, so it's a tough call, not to mention he plays in a run happy conference.
        Tate is a quite guy not a ra ra guy, Does his talking with his play. He is a Monster vs the Run too. He has like 8 TFL 4FF,s and 88 tackles. SO he is not just some soft coverage FS. At 6'4 225 he moves like he is 6'0 190.
        Tate is good with the media talks to them ,he never gets in trouble off the field clean off the field. Tate has been pretty healthy all his career. Sand is a really good too. I just feel like Tate brings that X -Factor were he can just take over games like no other real talent plays with Swagger and knows he is very good.

Comment

Kenny has been a quiet guy all the way from back in High School. He's never been a talker, but he's always been a good guy. No worries with character with Kenny Tate.
          FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Comment

I think both players will be good, but I think you're pretty much right in giving the edge to Tate, especially when looking at the stats and the conference they play in. But I watch the Big East play a lot more than the ACC, so I'm more familiar with Sands, which is why I've liked what I've seen from him, from his gameplay down to his attitude. I'll definitely be interested on how both of these guys do in the NFL.

Comment

Tate and Sands could be pro bowl players in the Nfl. Both are very talented.

Comment

Kenny Tate

first team all ACC

http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-footb...112910aac.html

Comment

Glad to see he made it. He earned it.
                  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Comment

I still dont understand Why Maryland's moved Tate to OLB, He is going to be a Fs in the NFL. he is ranked the #1 safety in the 2012 NFL DRAFT. and he will be FORCED to play hybrid S/OLB. I hate it ,but MD lost 4 Lbs to graduates and somes guys QUIT THE TEAM. So just shows people al lthe NFL scouts and fans how unselfish Tate is. he could have said no , or he could have been a jerk about it. The Man is all about winning , and doing whatever he can to help the team win. I just hope it doesnt hurt he;s draft stock.

Woodson the cowboys safety in the 90s. was a College Lb, and made the move to Safety in the NFL. i am hoping Tate does the same in the NFL.

Comment

TRUST ME Tate runs a run 4.5 speed. he gets to wideouts on deep balls before Maryland's corners, and out corners are all sub 4.5.

Maryland is known for getting very raw athletes and turning them into flat out monsters. Vernon Davis came to Maryland, 6,3 225 running a 4.55

and went to the combine at 6'3 255 ran a 4.38/40 fastest time for a Te ever.

if Tate goes to the combine,i think he test out of the charts. 6'4 225 4.49/40 40 inch vert ( he was also a basketball star in high school)
                      Maryland should be in the national championship hunt EVERY year. No reason that they can't with the talent in the Maryland/D.C. area.

Comment

Tate is playing the "star" position this season which is basically a wlb that will be used to cover slot receivers. I like him and woulda had him my #1 strong safety prospect but the position switch will mix him up a bit moving forward, as a result he's now in the same tier as Barron and Armstrong instead of being ahead of them. I have him going in the 3rd round to Dallas in my ruff mock, behind Lester, Telemaque, McDonald and Armstrong.

Comment

I like him a lot better right now.
                          Frankly I said it before in previous threads but I didn't see the great coverage skills everyone else saw. I felt his instincts were off, and he wasn't quick to the ball at all. But probably the biggest problem I had was he did not seem fluid, I thought he played quite stiffly and had some problems turning and running. I also said that the part that I liked the most was when he was in the box, used as blitzing OLB, and as a run-chase tackler. I think he really fits that WILL spot in the 4-3, and I could see him being a first round pick at that position with a good year as long as he adds some weight. I also think he is a pretty good fit for the SS position, but with a lot of teams requiring their safeties to do more and more covering (in addition to the trend of a lack of distinction between your two safeties) I'm not sure he'll be looked at that highly.

And I'll say about Maryland is that while we've seen the athletic freaks they've produced, we haven't seen the great football players they produced. There is generally a give and take in everything in life, for Maryland that would mean sacrificing some technical skill for more athletic ability. We've seen that at a lot of positions at the NFL level, a high level of technical skill and understanding of the position is more important than athletic ability.
                          Last edited by DBNYDP; 07-01-2011, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I'm cherry-picking here, but Maryland's problem is not enough solid players and very few elite players on their roster year to year.

It's usually one superstar in a given season and that's about it. Can't win that way consistently, without solid depth among underclassmen coming up behind your juniors/seniors.

Kris Jenkins, EJ Henderson, Randy Starks, Shawne Merriman, Vernon Davis, D'Quell Jackson, Josh Wilson, Jared Gaither, Shaun Hill, Moise Fokou and Nolan Carroll are the best of the recent bunch for UMD, but what's held that program back IMO is solid QB play year to year.

I think Kenny Tate can hold it down at safety in the pros. But he may end up transitioning to OLB like former Va Tech rover James Anderson who converted to OLB with the Panthers.

Comment

Uploaded this today

Kenny Tate vs Wake Forest

Comment

I still dont understand Why Maryland's moved Tate to OLB, He is going to be a Fs in the NFL. he is ranked the #1 safety in the 2012 NFL DRAFT. and he will be FORCED to play hybrid S/OLB. I hate it ,but MD lost 4 Lbs to graduates and somes guys QUIT THE TEAM. So just shows people al lthe NFL scouts and fans how unselfish Tate is. he could have said no , or he could have been a jerk about it. The Man is all about winning , and doing whatever he can to help the team win. I just hope it doesnt hurt he;s draft stock.

Woodson the cowboys safety in the 90s. was a College Lb, and made the move to Safety in the NFL. i am hoping Tate does the same in the NFL.
                                Tate was a hybrid player, Its not like he was a stereotypical safety anyway. They lined him up everywhere except DT. Most of his impact plays came when he was near the line of scrimmage not when he was back in coverage. If anything I think he will be in better position to make big plays. He wasnt all that great in coverage for a safety anyway but for a LB he will be excellent.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information