Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kenny Tate, S, Maryland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kenny Tate, S, Maryland

    Is this safety the next physical specimen from Maryland? 6'4 220, runs like a WR, and a former Basketball recruit.

    I've admittedly not seen much of Maryland this year, but Tate is draft eligible, and appears to be having a good season. Whats his stock looking like? Id love to hear what you guys think of him.


  • #2
    Haven't heard any noise about him even considering declaring so he probably will go back to school especially since things are turning for the program, he is a massive sleeper though with his skill set. Funny thing though but if DHB, Oquendo, and Smith hand't been there he probably would have been a college wideout. With that said he has taken massive strides this year as a safety. He along with USC transfer Antwine Perez have been a pretty lethal safety duo. Tools wise he is unmatched by almost anyone. He's a legit 6-4" probably 225ish, and he does run like a wideout. The Terps really kind of use him like how Sean Taylor was used. He'll play deep safety, he'll rush the passer on 3rd down sometimes even with his hand in the dirt, and he will also play as a linebacker in the box. He is near the top of the nation in tackles, and has forced 4 fumbles as well as getting 2 INT's one to the house. IMO he has potential to be a flat out stud. He's huge, has range, and is a hard hitter. For him everything is about getting more experience as a safety. The position is pretty new to him and at times he seems to be thinking too much instead of reacting. With that said with this fairly weak safety class even if he were to declare this year I'd have no problem with taking him the late first purely on skill set and athletic ability. I don't think he realizes how good he can be.

    Sig By:The Dynasty

    2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

    Comment


    • #3
      He's on my radar for sure. He is so unbelievably fluid for his size and is the type that will probably test well too. He's got a rare combination of size and speed and his skillset is pretty broad too.

      R.I.P. Junior Seau

      Comment


      • #4
        Major sleeper from UMD, but not for long.

        Comment


        • #5
          For a guy who only went to MD because they promised him he'd be a WR, he's turning into a fine safety prospect.

          Comment


          • #6
            I still wonder how good of a WR he could have been.

            Sig By:The Dynasty

            2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

            Comment


            • #7
              he's a better prospect than Wujciak

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                I still wonder how good of a WR he could have been.
                I wished he would have went to PSU. He would have been a stud WR for us.

                Anyways, off topic somewhat, what is the word on Torey Smith? Is he leaning towards coming out or staying in? I think he'll be a better pro than DHB.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I've heard him talk about how he thinks he's raised his stock a ton this year, of course though nothing definitive. I agree that Smith is better than DHB, except 2 things, he's 2 or 3 inches shorter, and most likely doesn't run a 40 like DHB. Also sucks for him but DHB probably affects his draft stock and holds teams back from drafting him early purely based on that. Still though he's electric both as a receiver and returner, and is so much more polished than DHB. I think he's a 3rd or 4th rounder if he declares, but has stud potential. I see him as a similar prospect as Brandon Tate without the injury concerns and inability to work out for teams.

                  Sig By:The Dynasty

                  2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Kenny is a monster, seriously i am a Huge Redskins fan and i have watched Sean Taylor play for about 3 years at Miami and 4 Years with the Redskins. and Tate is not as good as Sean Taylor, But he is the closest person just in skill set ,size , speed, Aggressiveness, Tate will hit a 4000 truck if it went over the middle please just watch the highlight from the Fsu game.

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyM7E31Csac

                    he leads the ACC in tackles by a DB, with something like 85 , he has 3 ints this season, 3.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, he has one int for a touch down, He should have 2 ints for Td he just dropped one vs UVA.

                    6'4 224 pounds sun 4.46 speed. HE IS A MONSTER, the way he is playing right now, please please show me a safety in the nation playing at an NFL like TAte is. HE IS AN NFL player in college. men among boys.
                    Last edited by REDSKINSWARRIOR82; 11-21-2010, 05:49 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Tate never ran better than a 4.5 at DeMatha. I doubt he's a sub 4.5 guy now, not that it's a huge difference since Tate moves so well in the defensive backfield.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                        Tate never ran better than a 4.5 at DeMatha. I doubt he's a sub 4.5 guy now, not that it's a huge difference since Tate moves so well in the defensive backfield.
                        TRUST ME Tate runs a run 4.5 speed. he gets to wideouts on deep balls before Maryland's corners, and out corners are all sub 4.5.

                        Maryland is known for getting very raw athletes and turning them into flat out monsters. Vernon Davis came to Maryland, 6,3 225 running a 4.55

                        and went to the combine at 6'3 255 ran a 4.38/40 fastest time for a Te ever.

                        if Tate goes to the combine,i think he test out of the charts. 6'4 225 4.49/40 40 inch vert ( he was also a basketball star in high school)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I played against Kenny in High School, and I played with Maryland CB Cameron Chism.

                          Tate played FS and WR in high school at DeMatha, so he has experience playing Safety before he got to Maryland. He was also an all-conference basketball player.

                          His potential is off the charts.
                          FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                            I've heard him talk about how he thinks he's raised his stock a ton this year, of course though nothing definitive. I agree that Smith is better than DHB, except 2 things, he's 2 or 3 inches shorter, and most likely doesn't run a 40 like DHB. Also sucks for him but DHB probably affects his draft stock and holds teams back from drafting him early purely based on that. Still though he's electric both as a receiver and returner, and is so much more polished than DHB. I think he's a 3rd or 4th rounder if he declares, but has stud potential. I see him as a similar prospect as Brandon Tate without the injury concerns and inability to work out for teams.
                            I dunno. I think your going to see Torrey run in the high 4.3s. The kid is a blazer but he runs good routes and has great hands too. At MD DHB was listed at 6'2, 206 and Smith is listed at 6'1 200 so their size is actually pretty close. I agree that DHB will hurt his stock but I do think Smith is the better more rounded prospect. I think he stays for another year with Danny and could move himself into the late first or early second round next year. This years WR class is probably too crowded at the top. Smith already has as many catches as DHB had at MD, more touchdowns, and almost identical yardage with 2 games left this year and Smith hardly played his freshman year.

                            As for Tate he is the best player on the Terps and if he stays, which I think he does, he should be a front runner next year for the Thorpe award.
                            Last edited by DiG; 11-22-2010, 11:35 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                              I dunno. I think your going to see Torrey run in the high 4.3s. The kid is a blazer but he runs good routes and has great hands too. At MD DHB was listed at 6'2, 206 and Smith is listed at 6'1 200 so their size is actually pretty close. I agree that DHB will hurt his stock but I do think Smith is the better more rounded prospect. I think he stays for another year with Danny and could move himself into the late first or early second round next year. This years WR class is probably too crowded at the top. Smith already has as many catches as DHB had at MD, more touchdowns, and almost identical yardage with 2 games left this year and Smith hardly played his freshman year.

                              As for Tate he is the best player on the Terps and if he says, which I think he does, he should be a front runner next year for the Thorpe award.
                              About Tate did you mean to say if Tate coming back in 2011? i hope he does.

                              and i think Torrey is a better route runner and better thans than DHB

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information