Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (FL)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by countryboi View Post
    you think so? cause he out played Ingram last year that is very high praise for miller
    If Miller won't built like that I would have not made that statement.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
    The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
    Newton
    South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
    Barely literate +5 swagger
    Thief +15 swagger
    Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
    Big, average speed -3 swagger
    Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
    Total Swagger: 62
    ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

Now can you guys PLEASE start mocking him in the first 2 rounds of your mocks? He is so NFL READY

Newton
      Thief +15 swagger

Comment

Guy has wheels. Maybe just a school comparison, but he does seem pretty similar to a young Clinton Portis, same size and speed. And a suggestion for Al Golden, stop subbing in Mike James, the guy doesn't have half of the ability as Miller.

Comment

I agree Lamar Miller is good but he will never be a better prospect than Trent Richardson.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
            I agree Lamar Miller is good but he will never be a better prospect than Trent Richardson.
            Who cares! Lamar will go in the 1st which is all that matters! Who is to say Richardson won't bust or have nagging injury problems.

Newton
            Thief +15 swagger

Comment

I was just going off of a quote in the thread, obviously made in May but I didn't quote in when I responded.
              Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
              Will be better then Trent Richardson this year I promise!
              It's obvious you have a boner for this guy. I'll bet you he doesn't go first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Woody56 View Post
                Guy has wheels. Maybe just a school comparison, but he does seem pretty similar to a young Clinton Portis, same size and speed. And a suggestion for Al Golden, stop subbing in Mike James, the guy doesn't have half of the ability as Miller.
                He kind of reminds me of Ryan Williams or Felix Jones more than Portis. Portis is great in pass pro whereas Miller struggles in that area, he whiffed on a block that led to a fumble last night. That said, dude is an explosive runner. Very nice cuts/acceleration.

Comment

Repeat after me. The BEST runningback in the ACC is.....

David Wilson.

Comment

It's obvious you have a boner for this guy. I'll bet you he doesn't go first round.
                    Who cares? Trent Richardson is gonna go high based on his status as a HS recruit and his muscles. If the guy had a fourth of the running vision and reactions that Mark Ingram had, he'd be the next Adrian Peterson, but he's just a guy who was spotted as a good athlete growing up and was told to play RB. He is gonna bust in the NFL, and even if Lamar Miller doesn't go in the first round, he will be a better running back.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                      Who cares? Trent Richardson is gonna go high based on his status as a HS recruit and his muscles.
                      Have you not seen him run at Alabama? He's legit, he's powerful, he's fast. He's north-south, one cut and go.

If the guy had a fourth of the running vision and reactions that Mark Ingram had, he'd be the next Adrian Peterson, but he's just a guy who was spotted as a good athlete growing up and was told to play RB. He is gonna bust in the NFL, and even if Lamar Miller doesn't go in the first round, he will be a better running back.
                      What RB wasn't spotted as a good athlete and was told to play RB?
                      What are you basing your statement of him busting in the NFL around?
                      Explain to me how Miller will be a better running back. What's your reasoning?

Comment

Trent Richardson is the most overrated on this board. Lamar Miller will be a better pro.

Comment

Have you not seen him run at Alabama? He's legit, he's powerful, he's fast. He's north-south, one cut and go.

What RB wasn't spotted as a good athlete and was told to play RB?
                          What are you basing your statement of him busting in the NFL around?
                          Explain to me how Miller will be a better running back. What's your reasoning?
                          I thought i was pretty specific when i mentioned his lack of vision. He doesn't see holes developing like a good rb should. And i don't just mean on the offensive line, i'm talking about when he reaches the second level as well. It's nice that you're fast and powerful, but in the NFL, everyone is fast and powerful. What brought him success at the HS (and on a smaller scale, at the collegiate level) won't work the same in the NFL. Richardson is bulky, he reminds me a lot of Jonathan Stewart, but not quite the runner. Miller has better quickness and agility and has better open field running ability. I just don't see what Richardson has done to claim he's a top five or top ten RB. With the way the NFL works now, 100 times out of 100 i'd rather take a Miller type player in the 2nd or 3rd than waste a top 20 pick on a hyped up player like Richardson.

Comment

In trying to separate being a homer from being a draft evaluator, I really feel that Miller has the capabilities of being a special RB in a one cut zone system on the next level. His running style perfectly suits that offense. He's just such a natural runner with great vision but also possess special speed and acceleration, especially for a 5'11 215 back.

Just a little nugget I thought I'd drop here....

"Now, he is only a redshirt sophomore and this is just one game. However, Miller is draft eligible after the year and if he does decide to come out, I could very easily see him not only being a potential first round pick, but end up challenging Richardson as the draft‘«÷s top back come April."
                            - Wes Bunting

Comment

Just do as I ask PLEASE start mocking him in the first 2 Rounds of your mocks once you decide do post another, because it is a crime not to have him in 1.

Newton
                              Thief +15 swagger

Comment

Trent has proven he is the best back but Lamar has shown flashes that he can be better!
                                Last edited by shylo3716; 09-07-2011, 10:30 AM.

Newton
                                Thief +15 swagger

Comment

Working...
                                X