Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (FL)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood
    started a topic Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (FL)

Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (FL)

I know everyone is high on Trent Richardson coming out next year, but I think Lamar Miller is another guy who will go in the first round that isn't getting a lot of pub yet. He is averaging 6.6 YPC right now and getting better each game. He was a track star coming out of HS and was probably the fastest guy to come out of the state of Florida his year. Legit size at 5'11" 205 and should test ridiculously well at the combine. Been extremely impressed by his vision and cut back ability so far and the guy just runs really hard. If I had to make a comparison I'd go with Ronnie Brown coming out of Auburn.

Thoughts on him as a prospect? Will he be the second RB taken in the draft next year after Richardson?

• FUNBUNCHER
    replied
    Originally posted by Clarkw267 View Post
    The numbers weren't the reason Tomlinson was drafted so high. He had uncanny vision, and the ability to cut laterally that very few have had.

He was a far superior prospect to Portis or Murray coming out.
    His production was a part of the reason he was drafted 5th overall. I don't think if you watch Tomlinson's college film you sit there and think, 'wow I can't believe I'm seeing a RB with his vision or cutting ability'.

Tomlinson's in the HOF so there's no real point in debating it, but playing in the WAC definitely benefited his final draft grade IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Clarkw267
    replied
    Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER
    How are Portis and Murray 'completely different'??
    All those backs as prospects have similarities IMO, whether it's physical measurables or running style.

They aren't clones but they are comparable running backs.
    And I don't know how you can say Tomlinson coming out of TCU playing in the WAC was a clearly superior RB. Yeah LaDainian beasted in college, but it was against the UTEPs of college football.
    I think CP/Lamar Miller/Demarco Murray all would have had similar numbers playing in the WAC.
    The numbers weren't the reason Tomlinson was drafted so high. He had uncanny vision, and the ability to cut laterally that very few have had.

He was a far superior prospect to Portis or Murray coming out.

Leave a comment:

• 4U2NV
    replied
    I'm hopeful he declares (mostly due to all of the 1st round picks I've accumulated in my dynasty leagues). The way I see it, he's the clear #2 RB in this class behind Richardson and next year he faces a lot more competition with Dyer, Lattimore and a returning Knile Davis. I don't think his draft stock will be any higher than it will be in 2012. One of the best Miami RB prospects in a while which is saying a lot. I wish we got Hurricane games up here though, my viewing of him has been limited to hightlight packages and video breakdowns on youtube.

Leave a comment:

• Hurricanes25
    replied
    Originally posted by etk View Post
    I don't think he'll declare. He's only a Sophomore and he lives with Mike James and AJ Highsmith. Mike is his best friend and they literally do everything together. I think he'll stay another year to graduate with Mike and go to the NFL at the same time.
    I hope you're right, etk. I'm not ready to give up Miller yet.

Leave a comment:

• bruschis4all
    replied
    I don't think he'll declare. He's only a Sophomore and he lives with Mike James and AJ Highsmith. Mike is his best friend and they literally do everything together. I think he'll stay another year to graduate with Mike and go to the NFL at the same time.

Depends on two things in addition to his own preference. How hard will the NCAA come down on the U? And, if that happens. I have to think Al Golden becomes PSU's top candidate to replace Joepa when he retires at the end of the year. He'll have his 3rd coach in 3 years. A new system. Might as well get paid for his troubles. My guess is he declares.

Leave a comment:

• shylo3716
    replied
    Every burst screams I am going pro, I have something to prove.

Leave a comment:

• etk
    replied
    Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
    Miller Time is a lock as the #2 RB in this class

Leave a comment:

• FUNBUNCHER
    replied
    One thing Miller is not, is 'overrated'.
    Future pro bowler all the way.

Leave a comment:

• Caulibflower
    replied
    Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
    They're noticing because he put up numbers against a very banged up front seven. Forgot to mention our whip (OLB) was injured in the first five minutes as well.

Miller is legit. Awesome back. But he's not the one that deserved credit today.
    Meh. Quit being such a VT homer. It wasn't your linemen he was dragging through the second level, it wasn't (just) your linemen he was outrunning, they weren't making his cuts for him, and VT injuries had nothing to do with Lamar having good hands. He had a nice game, and it showed up on the stat sheet. There's always somebody injured on the other team. I think a lot of people did, in fact, watch this game, and aren't just pretending they did after looking up the box score. At least, I'm not.

Leave a comment:

• BamaFalcon59
    replied
    Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
    It's not really overraecting. He's been doing this all year. Now, non Miami fans are starting to notice.
    They're noticing because he put up numbers against a very banged up front seven. Forgot to mention our whip (OLB) was injured in the first five minutes as well.

Miller is legit. Awesome back. But he's not the one that deserved credit today.

Leave a comment:

• Hurricanes25
    replied
    It's not really overreacting. He's been doing this all year. Now, non Miami fans are starting to notice.
    Last edited by Hurricanes25; 10-08-2011, 09:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BamaFalcon59
    replied
    Talk about over reacting.

Miller is good.

However, a great number of backs would have ran for similar yards in the second half of today's game.

VT's starting DL was one of the biggest strengths on the team, IMO the biggest. Antoine Hopkins, the oldest member of the DL (a rJR) tore his ACL last weekend against Clemson. Our third DT tore his ACL before the year. Our top DL, James Gayle, went out early in the game with an ankle injury.

We had a guy at DT late in the game who was playing offensive guard a week ago. A 260 pound freshman started today.

The credit for Miller's success today should go to his mauling offensive line and a decimated VT DL.

Leave a comment:

• fenikz
    replied
    anyone who has watched miami in the last 2 years loves miller

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7077660
    Last edited by fenikz; 10-08-2011, 07:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RaiderNation
    replied
    Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
    You probably aren't aware of how long TACK's been pimping Miller.
    Shylo has been too lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information