No announcement yet.

Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all the tools are there with this kid (I think Ive opened a thread on him like 2 years ago) but he is very very raw, good arm but an unideal delivery, good mobility but no familiarity with normal pocket passing. If you need a developmental guy he could be your guy.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
    - Corner or Wideout in the first
    - No reaching
    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

First off, he desperately needs a nickname. Even though he's got both a cannon and is a blazer he's a one trick pony. As fast as he is his lateral movement is not great-he's not elusive-that's more important at the next level. The best wildcat QB in the league is as good as it gets.

Originally posted by borg9
      Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

Mallett, Newton, Locker and Kaepernick are the top 4 QBs in this draft.

Comment

Not a fan. Big arm, big frame with room to grow, and he did show intangibles in the Bosie game.

But his release is long, and he isn't that great above the shoulders. Costly turnovers and throws a ton of interceptions in the red zone. I think he's thrown three in the four games I watched him coming into this game.
          Go Steelers!
          Go Vandals!

Comment

If Pat White grew 6 inches and threw right-handed, his name would be Colin Kaepernick.

Comment

Originally posted by Chidi29 View Post
              Not a fan. Big arm, big frame with room to grow, and he did show intangibles in the Bosie game.

But his release is long, and he isn't that great above the shoulders. Costly turnovers and throws a ton of interceptions in the red zone. I think he's thrown three in the four games I watched him coming into this game.
              How could someone who as a 4 year starter has only thrown 23 picks total be a 'turnover machine in the redzone'??
              Only 7 picks his senior year is outstanding.

He and Newton are very similar as prospects, IMO.

Bet he goes no later than the 2nd round.
              Last edited by FUNBUNCHER; 11-24-2012, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Only team that would take Kaepernick that high would be New England. Every other other team would actually value a 2nd. NE stockpiles so many that they have the luxury of throwing some away..

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                  How could someone who as a 4 year starter has only thrown 23 picks total be a 'turnover machine in the redzone'??
                  Only 7 picks he senior year is outstanding.

He and Newton are very similar as prospects, IMO.

Bet he goes no later than the 2nd round.
                  Like I said, he had at least three in the games I watched. He a pick right before the half against Hawaii, and he had one against Fresno St. I believe there was another game where he lost a fumble in the red zone. He has a tendency to stare down receivers and throw across his body. Too much of a gunslinger that will burn him too much at the next level.
                  Go Steelers!
                  Go Vandals!

Comment

His throwing mechanics are quite horrendous.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                      His throwing mechanics are quite horrendous.
                      Really looks like he's trying to throw that 94 MPH heater. Needs some major work at the next level, but the arm strength is there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

He throws side arm, or, EXACTLY has the same throwing motion as Philip Rivers.

Comment

Except Rivers doesn't have a deliberate, elongated, slow release.

Comment

you could see the coach chewing him out for that last throw and him defending himself saying "he was wide open."

Comment

I think he ends up in a Brad Smith wildcat role. At least in the beginning. He could develop into more, but I think it will take time, patience and a good offense coordinator/qb coach.

Comment

Originally posted by JPP90 View Post
                                Except Rivers doesn't have a deliberate, elongated, slow release.

Okay, so Philip Rivers is a 'quick release'(??) sidearm QB, whereas Kaepernick is slow releasing the ball??
                                I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information