Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
    Kaepernick does not strike me as a much better prospect than 2008 3rd Round pick Kevin O'Connell (Patriots - San Diego State.) 6'5 225, 4.61 speed, but less college production/experience than the Nevada product. That Pistol offense also made Jeff Rowe look like a decent prospect though.
    and was that a terribly bad reach. . . :/
    **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
      Could Vince Young be a decent comparision for him? Or ceiling to how VY did in his good years in TN. I think with the proper coaching this kid could be a starter. He is good enough of a athlete to make a impact early in a wildcat type offence. He needs to add 10-15 and still maintain his speed to make it in the NFL also
      Yeah that would be a great possibility if any NFL team ran the wildcat as a base offense.

Comment

I think he will be drafted in the 4th - 5th rounds. Physically he has all the attributes. He also made some very nice throws yesterday. He is a developmental prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
          Mallett, Newton, Locker and Kaepernick are the top 4 QBs in this draft.
          What this guy said, switching CK and Locker.

Comment

Anyone who watched this game: could you tell me how OLB Dontay Moch did?

Impressive?

Comment

Moch is rising, no doubt.

When I read Scott's first write up on him, I was disappointed in his play. But ever since the upset of Boise State, he's been an impact player on defense.

If Moch comes close to approaching his alleged 4.2 40,(anything under 4.5 would be breathtaking speed), along with his 6'2 frame and 245 pounds, a 3-4 team is going take him very high in April, IMO.

Moch appears to have the functional strength to go along with his speed and athletic ability.

Comment

If Moch runs 4.2 with his 245 lb frame, Al Davis would trade his entire draft to get Moch if they had their first round pick.

Raiders fans had better be glad the Patriots took it from them.
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

I think he could definitely play the RDE in a 4-3. He uses his leverage and strength so well that when he stunts and bull rushes the interior OL (even on a double team) he often blows them back or knocks them to the side. He plays very violently. I don't think he quite plays up to his speed numbers, but from a leverage and quickness standpoint, he is awesome.

He went against Costanzo last night only a few times but on one occasion he bullrushed Costanzo right into the lap of the BC QB, almost got a hand on him too.

Comment

Originally posted by JPP90 View Post
                    He's playing right now, and he doesn't look like a 2nd round prospect whatsoever.
                    Really? So four year starting QBs with strong arms, great mobility, 6'6 frames, 4.5 speed, and are usually pretty accurate aren't considered 2nd round material? Or are you saying you'd take him round 1?

Let's wait until Senior Bowl practices start before we make that assumption. At the very least you'd have to say he looks better as a pro prospect coming out of college than Tebow.

He's 3 inches taller.

Has a far better delivery.

Is much faster and a far different runner (which translates better for the NFL).

Has a much better arm.

More accurrate.

ANd Tebow was taken in round 1.... I look for Colin to come off the board in round 2, probably early to needy QB team that passed on a potential stud in round 1.

Comment

Some things to keep in mind in regards to Kaepernick:

He's known to be an extremely high character kid with no off the field issues or baggage.

He's a very intelligent kid having been accepted into both Cornell and Harvard prior to accepting his only D1 offer to play at Nevada. He graduated with a degree in Business Management and scored a 37 on the wonderlic.

He was a 3 sport star in HS and did not focus on the QB position until college. He's improved his accuracy and delivery each year: frosh 53.8%, soph 54.3%, junior 58.9%, senior 64.9%.

Every knock against him going into last years draft (completion percent, no win vs. a BCS team, no win vs a ranked team, no significant comeback/clutch win, etc) he has proven capable of doing.

He is known to be an extremely competitive and passionate player who hates to lose. Has a first into the gym, last to leave reputation at Nevada. Just look at his comments after the bowl game when asked if he had any regrets at Nevada. He said "that I didn't beat Hawaii in Hawaii". You can tell it's still eating at him that the team wasn't 14-0.

No significant history of injury.

Kaepernick probably has as high of a ceiling as anyone in the draft, particularly at the QB position. Maybe not a 1st round pick but why wouldn't an NFL team want him as a project or back-up on their roster?

Comment

Originally posted by Packfan7 View Post
                        Some things to keep in mind in regards to Kaepernick:

He's known to be an extremely high character kid with no off the field issues or baggage.

He's a very intelligent kid having been accepted into both Cornell and Harvard prior to accepting his only D1 offer to play at Nevada. He graduated with a degree in Business Management and scored a 37 on the wonderlic.

He was a 3 sport star in HS and did not focus on the QB position until college. He's improved his accuracy and delivery each year: frosh 53.8%, soph 54.3%, junior 58.9%, senior 64.9%.

Every knock against him going into last years draft (completion percent, no win vs. a BCS team, no win vs a ranked team, no significant comeback/clutch win, etc) he has proven capable of doing.

He is known to be an extremely competitive and passionate player who hates to lose. Has a first into the gym, last to leave reputation at Nevada. Just look at his comments after the bowl game when asked if he had any regrets at Nevada. He said "that I didn't beat Hawaii in Hawaii". You can tell it's still eating at him that the team wasn't 14-0.

No significant history of injury.

Kaepernick probably has as high of a ceiling as anyone in the draft, particularly at the QB position. Maybe not a 1st round pick but why wouldn't an NFL team want him as a project or back-up on their roster?
                        Not to mention 4-year experience, the perfect size at 6'6", 225, an arm so strong it's scary and a probable sub-4.6 40-yd dash time.

CK's got everything Cam Newton has, without the monkey brain and the character concerns.

However, Cam will go in the Top 10 and Colin will be forgotten and taken in the 4th round by a team that won't use him so that he has 7 career attempts by his 5th NFL season while Newton is a proven bust.

NFL Draft, you are so unfair.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                          Could Vince Young be a decent comparision for him? Or ceiling to how VY did in his good years in TN. I think with the proper coaching this kid could be a starter. He is good enough of a athlete to make a impact early in a wildcat type offence. He needs to add 10-15 and still maintain his speed to make it in the NFL also
                          I'm telling you guys, Randall Cunningham to a "T".

Tall, thin, fast, with a whip-like release, but a strong arm... not only that, they both played their college football in the state of Nevada. So Kaepernick didn't punt in college like Cunninghan, the Wolf Pack rately punted anyways.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information