Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LaMichael James, RB, Oregon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
    Huge fan of his as well. It's a shame that he has some issues and isn't a tremendous need, because he'd make a great replacement for Norwood.
    I thought the same. James is like Charlie Garner reincarnated. I say mid 2nd.

    Originally posted by borg9
    Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

    Comment


    • #17
      Some team will grab him in the second round and will have themselves a steal.

      Comment


      • #18
        He's a woman beater so he's a P.O.S. in my book and no one should root for the guy unless they too are a P.O.S. that beats women. I think it should be more of a red flag than Blount punching a grown man on a football field, honestly. Undrafted. Make him earn a spot on a team like Blount had to.

        Comment


        • #19
          What makes him better than Quizz Rodgers? I have a hard time believing that Rodgers wouldn't put up similar stats in Oregon's offense...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by PhinsRock View Post
            What makes him better than Quizz Rodgers? I have a hard time believing that Rodgers wouldn't put up similar stats in Oregon's offense...
            QFT. You can't go wrong with either one and true, Quizz would put up similar numbers in that offense.


            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Jake Locker View Post
              He's a woman beater so he's a P.O.S. in my book and no one should root for the guy unless they too are a P.O.S. that beats women. I think it should be more of a red flag than Blount punching a grown man on a football field, honestly. Undrafted. Make him earn a spot on a team like Blount had to.
              I didn't even know that. So aside from the fact that he's really not that good, he has major character issues. I wouldn't even consider him until the 6th round.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by ChiFan24 View Post
                I didn't even know that. So aside from the fact that he's really not that good, he has major character issues. I wouldn't even consider him until the 6th round.
                It's not nearly that simple in this case. The girl was basically stalking him and there were some mitigating factors. He did not handle it well, but it's definitely not as simple as just beating his girlfriend.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                  He doesn't run between the tackles in college, so I'm not willing to bet a 1st round pick that he will in the pros
                  Neither did Jonathan Stewart though, and I no one had any problems assuming he could.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    Neither did Jonathan Stewart though, and I no one had any problems assuming he could.
                    Stewart was a 235lb bowling ball. LaMichael James is a skinny legged, scat back. There is an enormous difference.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                      Stewart was a 235lb bowling ball. LaMichael James is a skinny legged, scat back. There is an enormous difference.
                      Except not really.

                      The whole idea of whether a runner can be successful running between the tackles has very little to do with whether that runner can power through tackles and way more do with having the patience and vision to pick your way through traffic.

                      We were pretty sure Stewart could, at the very least, even if he didn't show much skill running inside, blast his way for some yardage, but he literally did zero inside running at Oregon.

                      That said, I don't think James has an issue with vision. I'd be surprised if he's incapable of running inside.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                        Except not really.

                        The whole idea of whether a runner can be successful running between the tackles has very little to do with whether that runner can power through tackles and way more do with having the patience and vision to pick your way through traffic.

                        We were pretty sure Stewart could, at the very least, even if he didn't show much skill running inside, blast his way for some yardage, but he literally did zero inside running at Oregon.

                        That said, I don't think James has an issue with vision. I'd be surprised if he's incapable of running inside.
                        It is exactly the point. There are so many guys like James who will try to bounce everything outside no matter the situation. It has nothing to do with vision. It has everything to do with committing to running between the tackles, put your body at risk, and make plays from there.

                        That's the difference between Reggie Bush and Chris Johnson. Bush wants to take everything outside and Johnson is perfectly willing to go between the tackles and then kill people with his speed.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                          It is exactly the point. There are so many guys like James who will try to bounce everything outside no matter the situation. It has nothing to do with vision. It has everything to do with committing to running between the tackles, put your body at risk, and make plays from there.
                          No, it's not just the heart to run it inside. You need the vision to be able to do it effectively.

                          And my point is that we had no more idea about Stewart's commitment than we do about James'.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Realistically how fast do you think he'll run? I'm watching him right now and he looks like a 4.45 - 4.5. Gets caught quite a bit.
                            | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              ESPN bottom line reports James will stay for his Jr. season

                              Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                              The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                              Newton
                              South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                              Barely literate +5 swagger
                              Thief +15 swagger
                              Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                              Big, average speed -3 swagger
                              Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                              Total Swagger: 62
                              ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                He's a good prospect and will fit well in the new era NFL. He is a scat back that can burn defenses a couple times a game. You need to split up his carries, but that's what you need to do now in the NFL. Running backs should be looked at as wide receivers now. You get 2 starters and depth to do the grunt work. Another similarity: if you get 2 absolute studs, it usually doesn't work out because you can't get enough production out of both to justify the investment. Teams have success with guys who have decent talent that fit their system and spreading the ball around. Everything I said is true for both positions.

                                Thanks to BK for the sig

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information