No announcement yet.

Is CB Prince Amukamara's Stock Falling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is CB Prince Amukamara's Stock Falling?

Everything I'm reading is that more scouts believe Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara isn't worth a top 15 selection and was more of a product of Nebraska's dominating d-line that included Ndamakung Suh back in 2009. He did not record a single Interception and many scouts say he didn't look like a top pick, which where many projected him as high as a top 10 in the draft.

Now I haven't seen much of Nebraska this year, but is there anyone who can verify this or seen anything about him?

I haven't heard anything like that at all.

Amukamara will be a Top 5-10 overall pick and battle Peterson to be the first DB selected.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

No idea where this is coming from, Id say his stock had risen. I have him over PP right now as a pure CB prospect

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

His stock fell in my eyes after watching Justin Blacmon tear him aparat.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
          Errr...did you watch the game? Blackmon didn't quite tear him apart...

Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

No. Easily the second best corner, and there's a case for him ahead of Peterson.
            Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
              No idea where this is coming from, Id say his stock had risen. I have him over PP right now as a pure CB prospect
              This. Amu definetly looks like the top CB prospect right now and one of the best prospects regardless of position.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
              I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

How could it fall right now?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                  Errr...did you watch the game? Blackmon didn't quite tear him apart...
                  Same argument i have with people saying that julio tore up pp, that just wasnt what was happening if you saw the game.

However, prince should fall, have you seen his hair, its terrible!

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                  - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                  - Corner or Wideout in the first
                  - No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

could the lack of production be because of teams not throwing his way?

Comment

Not since he'll pick 6 Locker twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                        Except it didn't quite go that way, as Shane said. I've heard nothing that his stock is falling. Wouldn't mind though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I think some are thinking Amukumara may be a better fit at safety. Perhaps they see Malcolm Jenkins in that Amukumara is a bigger CB prospect. As long as Amukumara shows speed, change of direction, fluidity, and superb CB technique all the perhaps he's a better safety talk will die down.

I'm sure when Prince gets an agent the above will be what he works on to try to even overtake PP#7. Go to a place that has good speed training and I'd like to work primarily on footspeed and making his technique nearly perfect.

People forget that Amukumara was a RB coming into college and is still early in his development as a CB prospect. I think Prince has a pretty high floor but has a higher ceiling than many believe because he can still be developed quite a bit.

I think Prince may need to work on a Jugs machine, with technique, and in the filmroom. I don't doubt his ballskills but since he doesn't have INT's this year that could be a doubt raised on him. Teams simply avoided his side of the field and I think he was better than last year in coverage even with Nebraska's passrush not being as good as last years. Infact 2 of Nebraska's passrushers are currently on Detroit roster in B. Turner and primarily Suh.
                          Last edited by jason96r; 12-14-2010, 10:24 AM. Reason: Added last paragraph

Comment

Actually, Blackmon did burn Amakurama a few times.

He gave up the 12 yarder, the 30 yarder, the big PI call where he got flat out beat, and the flea flicker TD pass to Blackmon which was like 60 yards. Those were all on Amukamara.

That said, it was one bad game in a stellar season. The guy is still a Top 10 pick.

EDIT: Of course Im aware that highlights don't show the entire story, this is just an example for people who haven't actually seen the footage of the game.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Watched a lot of Nebraska ball, and still think Amukamara will go in the 7-12 range. He doesn't see that much come his way, but it's easy to see his ability to be physical and shadow receivers.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information