X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USC's Tyron Smith and Jurrell Casey to Declare

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5920054

God damn it....

I think with a good combine, Tyron could jump to the top spot for OT's. Casey will be a great pick for someone as well.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Smith is really going to have to add some size; I really don't get the chance to watch USC but 6-5 285 is very, very small for an NFL OL. D'Brickashaw Ferguson was considered undersized but he came in at 312 in Indy.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
      Smith is really going to have to add some size; I really don't get the chance to watch USC but 6-5 285 is very, very small for an NFL OL. D'Brickashaw Ferguson was considered undersized but he came in at 312 in Indy.
      Guys can put on weight as long as it's good weight. Joe Staley and Eric Winston come to mind as guys who at one time were TEs and became really good NFL players. I am a little surprised that Smith would declare but ironically he could go higher this year than next if others like Riley Reiff and Matt Kalil were to stay in school.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
        Actually D'Brickashaw considered undersized before the combine when he played right around 290. A lot of those questions went away when he showed up at the combine heavier. Though its pretty clear that his weight drops down during the season and I highly doubt he's over 300lbs come this this time of year.

Comment

Tyron is built like a greek god, the guy could afford to gain some fat lol.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Wow, Tyron is an interesting one. Definitely jumps into consideration for my top OT. He's easily among the most athletic of the group.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Tyron has tremendous upside. He JUST turned 20 years old. Amazing.

Comment

Tyron Smith makes Tony Mandarich look pudgy.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Smith just turned 20? Hmm seems like we have another Okoye type beast on our hands.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                  2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                  2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Eric Stienbach played LT for the Bengals a few games at 6'5" 290 lbs

Comment

Isn't Smith a RT? Can he even play LT?

Comment

Originally posted by JHL6719 View Post
                        Isn't Smith a RT? Can he even play LT?
                        This is the question. Can he play LT? If not, can a 285 lb guy play RT? Can he show better balance?

I love the guy and hope he is pick #32/33 because of declaring too early. he could protect Brady's blind-side or vision side for a few more years.
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

I'd love him in Pittsburgh. He can sit a year and bulk up more, then in 2012, take over for Starks when he moves to RT for Adams. Wishful thinking, I know.

Comment

Smith is going to be a top 20 pick, mark it down. There are no OT's this year that are close to him athleticly and the potential he brings to the NFL.

Im interested how Casey turns out though. Seems like peoples opinions vary on him

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Shane and I talked about both of these guys on the latest podcast.

Check it out at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/DraftCountdown
                              Scott Wright, President
                              Draft Countdown.com
                              www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                              www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information