Greg Jones, ILB, Michigan State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Jones, ILB, Michigan State

Do you guys think he could play ILB in a 3-4?

What round do you see him going in, and who does he compare to in the NFL?

Not even close. He is small (I dont care bout his listed 6'1" 240, he's 6' 230 at absolute best until he's proven me otherwise) and cannot take on a blocker to save his life.

He's got great instincts and can penetrate at times, but he will be a MAJOR bust if anyone asks him to play in a 3-4.

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman57 View Post
      Not even close. He is small (I dont care bout his listed 6'1" 240, he's 6' 230 at absolute best until he's proven me otherwise) and cannot take on a blocker to save his life.

He's got great instincts and can penetrate at times, but he will be a MAJOR bust if anyone asks him to play in a 3-4.
      He could play in the Ravens 3-4 since the main responsibility of our second ILB is coverage duties... But yeah, he's not much of a fit for a 3-4 team.

Comment

A few inches taller than Colts ILB Gary Brackett. Like Brackett, like Jones they are blessed with amazing speed for a LB. The knock on the both is they are small and will engulfed at times by OL.

Jones will more than likely be drafted in rounds 2-4

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
          He could play in the Ravens 3-4 since the main responsibility of our second ILB is coverage duties... But yeah, he's not much of a fit for a 3-4 team.
          You think he'd be a worth a pick for us?

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatone View Post
            You think he'd be a worth a pick for us?
            Probably not in the first, but if he's there in the second no doubt. I am a huge Greg Jones homer though and if he ended up on the Ravens the rest of the draft wouldn't matter much to me :D.

Comment

what defensive scheme and what position would he have the best opportunity to flourish in at the NFL level?

Comment

The real Greg Jones.

Oh, what could have been if it weren't for 923048902348902 ACL tears.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information