Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame

Can anyone enlighten me about this guy? How good/great of a TE prospect is he? His strengths and weakness, as well as an NFL TE comparison ?

Being from Indiana, I have seen Kyle Rudolph play several times.

Rudolph has the size of Jason Witten. I think he will be another Todd Heap in the NFL. Due to his hamstring injury, that will likely bump him down into the 2nd round.

YaY attribute: Size and he can catch the ball. He is an above avg. blocker
    Nay attribute: Doesn't have blazing speed. But then again he is a huge guy.

Comment

I think Rudolph is very similar to Rob Gronkowski.

Excellent blend of receiving and blocking skills.

For what it's worth, the word is there's a strong chance he'll stay in school due to the injury.
      Scott Wright, President
      Draft Countdown.com
      www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
      www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Is he better than last year's top TE prospect Jermaine Gresham?

Comment

Originally posted by jared3 View Post
          Being from Indiana, I have seen Kyle Rudolph play several times.

Rudolph has the size of Jason Witten. I think he will be another Todd Heap in the NFL. Due to his hamstring injury, that will likely bump him down into the 2nd round.

YaY attribute: Size and he can catch the ball. He is an above avg. blocker
          Nay attribute: Doesn't have blazing speed. But then again he is a huge guy.
          I have issues with the blazing speed part. He has incredible speed for his size. He at least will be able to outrun Roman Harper ;)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by goldenbear.cal View Post
            Not to me. Gresham was in a league of his own as a receiving TE prospect, the best of his kind since Kellen Winslow in 2004. I don't think Rudolph is quite the athlete Jermaine was at that size. Don't get me wrong, I think Rudolph is a great TE prospect, very athletic, with good speed; but I don't think he was only Gresham's level coming out of Oklahoma. He had that basketball player style/athleticism with great hand-eye coordination and ability after the catch. If he'd played his Senior season I think he would have wound up in the Top 10-15.

That said, I like Rudolph a lot and I think he's a solid 1st Rounder if he chooses to declare. Somewhere between Greg Olsen and Rob Gronkowski as a prospect/player sounds about right.

Lance Kendricks from Wisconsin is a very underrated TE to keep an eye on. I think he'll land in the first round & a half or so.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Gresham was definitely a better prospect then Rudolph, but then again I was very high on Gresham. I was also very high on Gronkowski, and Id rate Rudolph a little lower then him. A high second round value sounds about right, but as Scott said I thought it was all but guaranteed he was staying in school.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                Gresham was definitely a better prospect then Rudolph, but then again I was very high on Gresham. I was also very high on Gronkowski, and Id rate Rudolph a little lower then him. A high second round value sounds about right, but as Scott said I thought it was all but guaranteed he was staying in school.
                I love Gonkowski but not sure he's a better prospect than Rudolph, both can block and catch but i actually think Rudolph is a better athlete. As for health issues all 3 of those mentioned here are sort of in the same boat as far as injuries leading up to the draft.

Comment

Gresham was absolutely, without a doubt, a better prospect than Rudolph.
                  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Comment

Is he comparable to Witten in terms of talent coming out or measurables?

Comment

Originally posted by goldenbear.cal View Post
                      Gresham was a far superior receiving threat, almost like a wideout in a tight end's body.

Rudolph is a better blocker and all-around player though.

If not for the injury I thought Rudolph was a legit Top 20-25 overall talent.
                      Scott Wright, President
                      Draft Countdown.com
                      www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                      www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Not as big and physical as John Carlson, the last awesome ND TE prospect. Better receiver before the injury, and catching the ball is what made him such a highly touted TE.

This might be overdoing it but pre-injury he had some KW2 in his game. He's an excellent route runner.

Comment

Very, very fluid for a tight end. That's one thing I've always been impressed with. He's got great hands and he's also a great route runner. Notre Dame was comfortable lining him up at receiver fairly often. Agree that he's not as physical, but he doesn't really have to be. He blocks well too. He's going to be a very productive guy at the next level. Reminds me a lot of Greg Olsen build wise and how he plays. Don't think he's that level of athlete, but if we're name dropping that's who I'll throw out.
                          Last edited by ElectricEye; 12-18-2010, 12:39 AM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                            Not as big and physical as John Carlson, the last awesome ND TE prospect. Better receiver before the injury, and catching the ball is what made him such a highly touted TE.

This might be overdoing it but pre-injury he had some KW2 in his game. He's an excellent route runner.
                            Hate to disagree but he looks bigger and more physical than Carlson.

Comment

Rudolph played this entire season with a hamstring issue until he needed surgery and put up good numbers. If he comes back to school I think he has a huge year.
                              Chinese Democracy starts on November 23rd 2008!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information