No announcement yet.

Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same size and receiving ability as Jerramy Stevens only with more fluidity and a better blocker. Rudolph works the seams really well and has great body control to go up and get passes in the endzone. He's a prototypical NFL TE and can be very valuable long-term.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
      Hate to disagree but he looks bigger and more physical than Carlson.
      Good call for some reason Carlson just struck me as a bigger player. Turns out he was 251 when he was drafted...Either way they're both prototypes for the position...especially since they're strong pass catchers.

Comment

Let's not forget that most people had Gresham pegged as a top 15 talent and Gronkowski as a first round talent that would fall due to injury.

I think if you have him outside of the first round, then you are ranking him lower than those two guys.
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
          Let's not forget that most people had Gresham pegged as a top 15 talent and Gronkowski as a first round talent that would fall due to injury.

I think if you have him outside of the first round, then you are ranking him lower than those two guys.
          not true, barely anyone still had gronk on a first round grade come draft day and rudolph is closer to a first roudnr than gronk was. Id say most people rate Rudolph between Gresham and Gronkowski

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Rudolph was a piss-poor blocker before this year, but it looks like he really improved on that.

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
              not true, barely anyone still had gronk on a first round grade come draft day and rudolph is closer to a first roudnr than gronk was. Id say most people rate Rudolph between Gresham and Gronkowski
              I think all 3 of these guys (Gresham, Rudolph, Gronkowski) were 1st round talents but because of injury Gronk slipped and to some extent Gresham probably did too. Rudolph's injury may knock him to the second but he's a steal there granted he's healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                Rudolph was a piss-poor blocker before this year, but it looks like he really improved on that.

Rudolph was a terrific blocker last year.

Comment

Originally posted by JHL6719 View Post
                  Rudolph was a terrific blocker last year.
                  His sophomore year? We have vastly different opinions of "terrific", then.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                    His sophomore year? We have vastly different opinions of "terrific", then.
                    honestly, you are both wrong. He was more then acceptable last year, reasonably good without being good, certainly not great, but saying he was piss-poor last year was just wrong. His blocking was piss-poor in his frosh year.

Id say (rankings amongst and for TEs):
                    true frosh: Decent D1 starter in receiving, poor in blocking
                    soph: top10 in CFB in receiving, acceptable in blocking
                    junior: top5 CFB in receiving, good blocker, quite a good balanced TE this year

- No reaching
                    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

honestly, you are both wrong. He was more then acceptable last year, reasonably good without being good, certainly not great, but saying he was piss-poor last year was just wrong. His blocking was piss-poor in his frosh year.

Id say (rankings amongst and for TEs):
                      true frosh: Decent D1 starter in receiving, poor in blocking
                      soph: top10 in CFB in receiving, acceptable in blocking
                      junior: top5 CFB in receiving, good blocker, quite a good balanced TE this year
                      Any word on him leaving, being ready for the combine etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post

Any word on him leaving, being ready for the combine etc.?
                        rumors both ways so I dont know what to think, doubt hell be ready for the combine though

- No reaching
                        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

rumors both ways so I dont know what to think, doubt hell be ready for the combine though
                          I always thought he would leave and the injury might make it more likely if he can get a favorable grade. Someone is going to get a steal late first or early second.

Comment

I think the Broncos take him in the early second. They lack a good receiving tight end, and most coaches really like those (considering it looks like they hired an offensive minded coach again...).
                            Not saying it is smart in light of their other needs, but I figure for young QB a guy like Rudolph will be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                              that would pretty much be one of the worst picks in franchise history. and that's saying a lot, considering.
                              Potential pro bowler in the early part of the second round, not sure why you wouldnt like the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                                you say 'potential pro bowler' like it means something. they're all potential pro bowlers.

additionally, the absolute last thing the worst defensive team in the league needs is a 2nd round TE. it would do, in all honesty, absolutely nothing to improve this team.
                                I think i'd rather go with the philosophy that says if you're as bad as Denver is you take the best available player. In their case that probably wouldnt mean QB or WR, but a big talented TE, who can also block, would certainly help your QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information