3-4 ILB's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-4 ILB's

The Bills need help at LB desperately, and I was wondering who the best 3-4 inside linebackers would be in the draft and what round they are likely to go in. I really like Greg Jones, but reading the thread on him, he doesn't seem to be a good fit in the 3-4. Other guys I'm particularly interested in are Mason Foster and Casey Matthews, and Nate Irving (although I'd imagine he would be too small).

It's a really difficult position to project. So many different types of players fitting so many different types of schemes. Plus, you have traditional 3-4 Mike's and Ted's as well as hybrids utilized in pass rush.

2 of my favorites are vastly different players...

Martez Wilson - Illinois
    Mario Harvey - Marshall

Comment

If Martez Wilson, Courtney Upshaw, or Don'ta Hightower come out, all would be great 3-4 fits that should be available in the 2nd-3rd. Chris White and Mike Mohamed are good fits middle round guys and Mario Harvey is a guy I like in the late rounds. I think there is a good number of other guys that could play it as well but I'm not sure if its their best fit (Herzlich, Foster, Wright, Sheppard, McCarthy, and Matthews would be early-to-mid round guys that fit that description).

I also still think Akeem Ayers' best fit in a 3-4 would be inside and not out but that he should actually go to a 4-3 team and play on the strongside as a blitzbacker a la LaVar Arrington/Clint Sintim

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I actually think Hightower would make a better OLB then ILB, but he's capable of playing all 4 positions in a 3-4 scheme. I agree about Ayers, he's definitely a better fit inside but he isn't really a volatile or collision athlete like alot of 3-4 ILB's. I like him better in a 4-3 as well. Martez Wilson is a guy who could be a really nice find outside the first round, he's strong at the POA and a solid tackler. Another guy to keep an eye on is Alex Wujciak from Maryland. Not the most athletic guy around, but a tough, hard nosed football player who is scheme diverse and could find his way onto a 3-4 club.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I'm a big Josh Bynes fan. He has been slowed because of a knee injury and is currently wearing a bulky knee brace. But at 100% he's a tackle machine.

Comment

Wilson and Hightower are definitely two of the top guys. Mark Herzlich would be a good pick too pending medical.

Comment

Ayers and Hightower then everyone else, though the gap between a really good ILB and a good ILB is not large. I'd like Ayers to replace David Harris who we might/could/probably should lose in FA.

Comment

Scott Lutrus-UConn. A tough, lunchpail guy that could have a bright future.

Or fantacize about drafting Luke Keuchly. Purrrrr....

Comment

Originally posted by 6270410908 View Post
                  Scott Lutrus-UConn. A tough, lunchpail guy that could have a bright future.

Or fantacize about drafting Luke Keuchly. Purrrrr....
                  If i was gonna fantacize about a guy, his name would be Vontaze. Keuchly doesn't fit in a 3-4 at all.

Comment

Hightower would be a good fit for the Ted spot for the 9ers, Size/Speed wise. I don't know how he is at taking on blocks because seems like whenever I seen him playing at Bama he had his hand in the dirt rushing off the edge.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
                    Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

Should transition nicely to 3-4 Mike

Comment

Mario Harvey is a major sleeper.

I can see him develop in to a star eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post

Should transition nicely to 3-4 Mike
                          Mase and Mark Herzlich would be my steals in the second round at ILB.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatone View Post
                            Mario Harvey is a major sleeper.

I can see him develop in to a star eventually.
                            Agreed.

I'm curious, it would be interesting if Chargers got Butler and Foster in consecutive years. haha

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information