DeAndre Brown WR, Southern Miss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeAndre Brown WR, Southern Miss

I'm just curious about this guy. I know he was really hyped up last year, but he didn't have a good year and was hurt alot this year. Do you guys think he ends up declaring, and where do you think he goes in the draft? Also what do you think about the guy?

I've heard that he has "maturity" issues, and has butted heads with the coaching staff. With his knee problems and injury prone, he looks like Danario Alexander to me. I think he is the type of player who is selfish and dumb enough to declare this year, despite not being ready.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenbear.cal View Post
      I've heard that he has "maturity" issues, and has butted heads with the coaching staff. With his knee problems and injury prone, he looks like Danario Alexander to me. I think he is the type of player who is selfish and dumb enough to declare this year, despite not being ready.
      How did u get that? He broke his ankle in a bowl game a season or two ago and then hurt his foot a few times this season. Thats nothing like Alexander, who was insanely skinny and had TONS of knee problems.

And i dont think he really had any problems with the coaching staff. They called him out for not going 100% all the time, and from what i heard of it, after that it was done with and the problem was fixed. He did have a situation where he was arrested as a freshman i think because he didn't leave a party after officers asked him to, but i dont think thats too serious....

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman57 View Post
        How did u get that? He broke his ankle in a bowl game a season or two ago and then hurt his foot a few times this season. Thats nothing like Alexander, who was insanely skinny and had TONS of knee problems.

And i dont think he really had any problems with the coaching staff. They called him out for not going 100% all the time, and from what i heard of it, after that it was done with and the problem was fixed. He did have a situation where he was arrested as a freshman i think because he didn't leave a party after officers asked him to, but i dont think thats too serious....

Sooo.... Why make this pointless thread? Seems like you know more about him than everyone else here.

By the way, he didn't shatter his knee, it was his leg (which is on YouTube and extremely gruesome).

Comment

I thought Brown might have potential but despite his size he seems like a finesse player which I don't really like. Plus he refused to show up against South Carolina and despite having passes thrown his way he pouted and if I remember correctly the coaches got tired of his act and either pulled him for the rest of the game or for at least a chunk of it. I haven't paid him much attention since.

Comment

Brown looks like he could be another best that never was type. He's as talented physically as any wide receiver draft eligible, but that injury was catastrophic for him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by goldenbear.cal View Post
              Sooo.... Why make this pointless thread? Seems like you know more about him than everyone else here.

By the way, he didn't shatter his knee, it was his leg (which is on YouTube and extremely gruesome).
              So i know more about him than anyone else, by simply googling his name? I'm pretty sure that thats not true.

Comment

If he comes out I'd be shocked if he was drafted.

Comment

Incredibly talented but has injury problems, maturity issues, laziness, and intelligence issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                    Incredibly talented but has injury problems, maturity issues, laziness, and intelligence issues.
                    Exactly what I said, but the thread starter think otherwise. Brown is not mature enough for college and sure as hell ain't mature enough for the NFL.

Comment

One has to wonder why he turned down all those huge offers to go to Southern Miss.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

The general consensus is that USM was really the only D-1 school that would accept him and have him on the field as a freshman with his academic issues. That is saying a lot considering some of the guys schools like Ole Miss, Bama, and LSU have let in which were the three main schools in his recruitment I believe. Southern Miss is also very close to his hometown, but that probably didn't play too big of a factor because he had the talent and offers to play anywhere it is just he probably would have been placed in JUCO or something by the big schools.

Comment

The general consensus is that USM was really the only D-1 school that would accept him and have him on the field as a freshman with his academic issues. That is saying a lot considering some of the guys schools like Ole Miss, Bama, and LSU have let in which were the three main schools in his recruitment I believe. Southern Miss is also very close to his hometown, but that probably didn't play too big of a factor because he had the talent and offers to play anywhere it is just he probably would have been placed in JUCO or something by the big schools.
                          I did not know that about him. I didn't know there were that many character concerns with him. That really dissapoints me. I've barely seen him on the field today on the field, i wonder if thats due to injury?

Comment

I watched him play one game this year expecting to see a man among boys. Was I ever disappointed. A complete lack of heart and effort is all I saw from him. Nobody on the field should have been able to defend him and he made something like one play all game, he just mailed it in.

Comment

He didn't do dick tonight against Louisville.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information