Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Jadeveon Clowney Was Draft-Eligible...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I conservatively said 2nd round, he is physically the guy that comes round every 5 years who could jump straight to the NFL (DJ WIlliams, AD).

After all Aaron Maybin went high in the 1st, no reason Clowney wouldn't be a top 60 selection.

Comment

i said second. Depending on when i was picking purely based off of potential. I would expect him to barely touch the field for his rookie season but if the coaching staff was dedicated to teaching him up and developing him then it would be worth it.

Comment

Being dominant in HS for the most part doesn't mean a thing as far as the NFL is concerned.

So many guys in HS put up comic book type stats as preps, unless they do it in college you don't really have any idea if their skillset translates.
        If he goes to the SEC and is a monster as a true freshman, that's different.

EDIT: After watching his highlight reel dominating those little biddy HS OTs, I think I'd play him at OLB.
        6'6, 250, hustles his butt off.
        But honestly, what is he gonna do against a 6'5, 300# college senior OT??

Too much hype.

I can't imagine any position other than maybe RB being able to make the jump to the pros.
        There's too much skill and physical maturity that needs to take place for most positions in football.
        Last edited by FUNBUNCHER; 01-02-2011, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Clowney will be playing in the Under Armour All American Bowl Tuesday. Most of the top OT's in HS are also Playing in this game so we can see Clowney go against some good OT's.

Comment

As I said, he stole the manhood of the OTs he went up against in the NC/SC Shrine Bowl. But the main guy he went up against was a mid tier recruit committed to unc

Can't wait to see what he does in this game. Bowers IIRC put on a show in the UA game a couple years back

Comment

He made the #1 OT Cyrus Kouandijo look silly in the Under Armour practice today.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                But honestly, what is he gonna do against a 6'5, 300# college senior OT??
                Probably kill them. I fully anticipate Clowney being on the all-SEC team next year as a true freshman. He's so big, fast, strong, quick and agile. His offensive videos might be even sicker. I usually hold off on anointing college freshmen as instant contributors, but Clowney is incredible.

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
                As I said, he stole the manhood of the OTs he went up against in the NC/SC Shrine Bowl. But the main guy he went up against was a mid tier recruit committed to unc
                I heard he had something like six sacks and five holding calls drawn and it should have been a lot more.

Comment

Wow, Sniper.

Surprised you're going out a limb this early about a kid who hasn't played a down in college.

All-SEC as a true frosh is almost unheard of in that conference on the Dline.
                  If he's beating single blocks consistently by game 4, he's going to be doubled, at which point he'll disappear.

I will say that Clowney has an unusual motor for such a young player, ( the highlight where he comes in on a pass rush, loops around and pursues the ballcarrier roughly 30 to 40 yards downfield AND makes the tackle was classic Lawrence Taylor effort!)

IMO he's this generation's Alonzo Spellman until proven otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information